[CONCLUDED] Ocarina of Time Online PART 3 - Friday Game Night

oot online banner.jpg
It's back with a mild vengeance: Ocarina of Time Online! Yes, having started a group randomized seed one week ago, we're gathering back together in the moistest pit ever fathomed to finish what we started.

For those unaware, the Ocarina of Time ModLoader is a fantastic mod/program to Ocarina of Time which allows many players to gather concurrently in one game world and play alongside each other. One accomplishes this by downloading the modloader from here, extracting the files, and placing an OoT ROM in the directory labelled "rom".
oot online.PNG
The twist, of course, is that we'll be running a randomizer seed which we started last week. This means that, instead of using a vanilla OoT ROM, you'll need to follow this link, which will take you to the OoT Randomizer page loaded with the specific seed we'll be using, and patch your game with the web utility therein. All one needs to do is feed it a version 1.0 rom of Ocarina of Time, and hit the patch button. (The version number is important, as this modloader will not work with any other version of OoT than v1.0.)

Once you've patched the rom properly and put it in the "rom" folder included with the modloader, run the ModLoader executable. Make sure you set a username of your choice, and use the customization tab to set some custom colors for yourself. Also make sure that the modloader is pointing to the correct rom we'll be using, which in this case is "OoTR_260041_248440_XCSLC9V8H7.z64".
oot online2.PNG
Once that's finished, head to the "Lobby Browser" tab, look for the lobby named "Meteor's Moist Pit", and input the password "GBAtemp". This should connect you to our session so you can play along with us.

Is this your first time playing and feel like catching up would be a pain? DON'T YOU DARE WORRY! Anyone who joins the lobby will have their save and progress synced with our own, meaning you'll be automatically caught up in seconds. Anyone can drop in/out anytime, with no downsides.

As always, this event will be streamed on our Twitch channel, at 5pm Central, so you'll be able to watch the terror unfold live before your very eyes, ears, and other appendages. Again, anyone who participates, either in chat or through gameplay, will acquire a smooth +35xp on the site! (wow! neato! the bee's knees) All one has to do is input the command "!xp" followed by your GBAtemp username into the twitch chat to earn it. For example, if I am SpundlethatchTheCalzoneDistrobutionCenterAndBouncyCastleEmporium, I would type "!xp SpundlethatchTheCalzoneDistrobutionCenterAndBouncyCastleEmporium" into the twitch chat during the stream, and the bot will automatically add my very normal name to a list for xp distribution. It's that easy.

Edit: Any user who joins, either via chat or directly in game, should use this command to allow us to give you your xp.

So what are you waiting for, the event to start? Actually, yes, that would be reasonable. For those in that boat, we provide a little countdown clock to the time when the stream is set to begin, just to make things less confusing.

Extra links to the modloader, the countdown clock, and our twitch channel will be provided below. We hope to see you there.

:arrow:ModLoader
:arrow:GBAtempTV's Twitch
:arrow:Countdown Clock

Last edited by Meteor7,

FoxMcloud5655

GBATemp Developer
Trophies
Website
foxmcloud.net
XP
Country
United States
It's currently in closed beta at the moment, but yes, there is a Linux version.
Great to hear! Seeing as how it's closed, though, it's still unobtainable until a later date.

I'm always happy to hear when things support Linux. Makes me all the more eager to switch to Ubuntu or something similar...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    That Dell data breach is worse than people probably realize....
    When I worked for Dell we had access to data about military contracts and addresses for high ranking people.
    I personally handled a call from the second highest person at Raytheon. That call bothered me a lot... The guy was nice and smart what bothered me was the way management basically just blew him off instead of going the extra mile to help him.
    In the end that call ended up costing Dell millions in lost contracts with Raytheon, and really the issue could have been solved for like 450 bucks lol
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    sometimes I wonder why anyone would ever buy mega man x legacy collection 2
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I always thought that capcom shuffled the games in these collection, but apparently they are all in chronological order, which makes legacy collection 2 worthless
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i want to start singing pirate metal songs and sea shanties if i play sea of thieves
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    find a pirate metal playlist
    +2
    and sing along
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    nevermind i just learned swearing is against the rules in sea of thieves

i was about to start singing the song i last put in "what song are you currently listening to" yesterday
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but yeah ig so
    swearing not allowed in a pirate game? what has the world come to
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (here's the song for context)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just add -izle to the end of every curse word, you will be fine.
    +2
    i like alestorm
    +1
    @BigOnYa too many syllables
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    same lmao
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    hi, welcome to the Temp!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Welcome to the Underground!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    the booty boogie from (once again) the donkey kong country cartoon could also be a good song to sing while playing sea of thieves
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Please insert 25 cents for an additional 30 minutes of talk time.
    +1
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tG7fk_DUz5g +1