Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
This. In fact, it's completely the opposite. It'd be absolute retardation and no dev would wait for downloads of full games to test it like this if they had the possibility of just putting dummy icons.

It's kind of unnerving when most of the common software testing protocol are being used to "disprove" the validity of what's seen. Placeholder items aren't unheard of. There's still plenty of time to replace the font. The placeholder icons are very, VERY common in software testing. I've seen it on Xbox/PS and even computer OS testing. Our ONLY bet is to wait and see.

Dr.Hacknik

Ashley | Developer | Trans
Trophies
Website
dochacknik.keybase.pub
XP
Country
United States
It's kind of unnerving when most of the common software testing protocol are being used to "disprove" the validity of what's seen. Placeholder items aren't unheard of. There's still plenty of time to replace the font. The placeholder icons are very, VERY common in software testing. I've seen it on Xbox/PS and even computer OS testing. Our ONLY bet is to wait and see.
As a developer, I'd agree. Placeholders are useful for testing purposes.
In the Sense of this firmware, it's in a testing phase.
Placeholders make sense, especially when the companies are most likely still working on their software.

Reactions: Kioku

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, literally EVERY point used to disprove have only been common practice.

Reactions: Kioku

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
The problem here, is you're taking this from a user's perspective. Me and many other developers have a different view here.

The issue isn't in the skepticism. It's in the ignorance.

You've got people who have obviously never been in QA trying to debunk the information. As been mentioned, if it's fake, it's a very well made fake. I'm on the fence myself, mostly because this just seems like something Nintendo WOULDN'T do. They surprised me the Switch itself, so maybe they're listening?

Last edited by Kioku,

Dr.Hacknik

Trophies
Website
dochacknik.keybase.pub
XP
Country
United States
No, I'm not. I'm a web developer (and that doesn't even mean anything here anyway) which is why I'm referring to common practices to begin with.
I've worked with HTML, CSS, And PHP. I've always used placeholders, even when programming in C#. But it's not just me, I have friends and follow developers whom do the same

EDIT:

Taking this from a user's perspective is meaningless in this debate. A developer or testers view would be more useful here.

Last edited by Dr.Hacknik,

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
I've worked with HTML, CSS, And PHP. I've always used placeholders, even when programming in C#. But it's not just me, I have friends and follow developers whom do the same
Again, it means literally nothing. Besides, even calling ourselves developers in this context is cringy as fuck. You keep not wanting to tell what you mean though and why it'd be fake.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I actually remember testing a very early version of Ubuntu's mobile OS. Literally half the icons did nothing.
Must have been a fake release /s

Dr.Hacknik

Trophies
Website
dochacknik.keybase.pub
XP
Country
United States
Again, it means literally nothing. Besides, even calling ourselves developers in this context is cringy as fuck. You keep not wanting to tell what you mean though and why it'd be fake.

But I'm typing to get you to understand that as developers, we have our reasons. Pushing these apps as unreleased, on a unfinished firmware makes no sense.
Especially when the companies have made no formal announcement that they will be releasing their software.

Must have been a fake release.

Last edited by Dr.Hacknik,

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
But I'm typing to get you to understand that as developers, we have our reasons. Pushing these apps as unreleased, on a unfinished firmware makes no sense.
Especially when the companies have made no formal announcement that they will be releasing their software.

Which is why it's viewed as internal testing.

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
Why are you thinking this is a "push" or something? It's a preview version for internal testing or demonstration. That part of it couldn't be more obvious.
Assuming this is real, of course they wouldn't want to show this.

Reactions: PrincessLillie

Dr.Hacknik

Trophies
Website
dochacknik.keybase.pub
XP
Country
United States
Why are you thinking this is a "push" or something? It's a preview version for internal testing or demonstration. That part of it couldn't be more obvious.
Assuming this is real, of course they wouldn't want to show this.
And I'm surprised that Nintendo hasn't had these videos addressed yet.

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
Dead fucking serious, the most compelling argument I've heard for this being fake, is cause no one uses the white theme.

Dr.Hacknik

Trophies
Website
dochacknik.keybase.pub
XP
Country
United States
They never do.
They even refused to calm down users when the rumor about BotW being dropped from the Wii U spread like wildfire and actually scared Wii U owners.
Is there any possible way to parse Switch NUS data yet?
I've heard of user's being able to parse data from their servers.
Maybe we could try to find the title IDs for the firmware update.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Is there any possible way to parse Switch NUS data yet?
I've heard of user's being able to parse data from their servers.
Maybe we could try to find the title IDs for the firmware update.
It's possible, but not publicly known.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: its raining, there is gonna be a power outage probably