Homebrew Discussion Confirmed: Mario All Stars 3D Collection have 3 emulators

nwiifletcher

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its there games. They can do what they want. When its some other company selling there games on an emulator thats a problem. If they dont want to put time in to compiling there own code to work on the switch and would rather use emulation then at the end of the day they have the right too. It is their IP, and they have final say. If you don't like it don't buy it, you have the right to not buy it.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, I was so sure they wouldn't be emulated. But this is great news though. If Super Mario Galaxy can run fullspeed emulated on the Switch then pretty much any GC/Wii game can.

:lol: Funny joke, the Switch is about 6 times too weak to emulate the Wii U. It's only somewhat more powerful than the Wii U ffs.

Nintendo is bringing Super Mario 3D World to the Switch with an “enhanced” version. ... The game will arrive on the Switch on February 12th, 2021, along with extra content Nintendo calls Bowser's Fury.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
should we be thanking them for charging $60 for emulated roms?
I FUCKING CALLED IT!
Yet they were jerks saying "but it changes controls, but it has higher res, but textures" bla bla bla.
It was fucking obvious they were gonna be emulated, Nintendo's well known for being lazy fucks.

Thanks for once, Nintendo, for this gift.
Now we can exploit it for other GC/Wii games. ;)
For evrything else, they can still fuck off. lol
Guys! Chill out a bit.. we will see some smooth GameCube & Wii emulation on the Nintendo Switch out of this release, trust me it will be well worth it! You won’t be complaining like that very soon. As far as videos I’ve seen the games seem to run flawless so I don’t see what your “boggle” is I’ve not played it yet myself I’m waiting for Friday spoiler free but it looks and plays great to me.

Reactions: ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Guys! Chill out a bit.. we will see some smooth GameCube & Wii emulation on the Nintendo Switch out of this release, trust me it will be well worth it! You won’t be complaining like that very soon. As far as videos I’ve seen the games seem to run flawless so I don’t see what your “boggle” is I’ve not played it yet myself I’m waiting for Friday spoiler free but it looks and plays great to me.
I wasn't complaining lol
I was just taking a poke at all the nay sayers that claimed the 3 games were actual recompiled source ports instead of being emulated like some claimed.
Galaxy might have ben recompiled, but it's still a Wii ISO that runs on Dolphin, so emulation nonetheless.

Reactions: Reecey
D

Deleted User

Luigi's Mansion seems to boot and work with swapped .gcm (First 5 minutes anyway!)
Oh dear.. there goes my whole day..
Edit: The first cutscene didn't play at all. I'm guessing it's something to do with hagi.config?
Didn't touch the rom.json or hashes at all and seems to work right out of the box?

Last edited by ,
D

Deleted User

Imagine you buy the damn thing then using a homebrew it look for the emulator titleid and then if available allow you to boot any of the emulator with a custom ROM directly. Would be great.

Last edited by ,

Kalomaze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Luigi's Mansion seems to boot and work with swapped .gcm (First 5 minutes anyway!)
Oh dear.. there goes my whole day..
Edit: The first cutscene didn't play at all. I'm guessing it's something to do with hagi.config?
Didn't touch the rom.json or hashes at all and seems to work right out of the box?
Two words:
Try Melee.

MaxToTheMax

Officially Ranked 3796th.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Two words:
Try Melee.
Wavedashing on JoyCon.... Dear God....

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I really hope there will be an easy way to not hack your Switch but being able to load other GCM files :-)
I don't think that is realistic... I assume the .gcm would need to be in the .XCI/NSP file.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Wavedashing on JoyCon.... Dear God....

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I don't think that is realistic... I assume the .gcm would need to be in the .XCI/NSP file.
That's what mods are for.
We can make a "mod" that replaces the gcm from the original NSP with one we provide it atmosphere/contents, and we're golden.
Same for the hagi config.

Reactions: ragestaker21

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's all fun and games until the soap gets dropped +1