Gaming Confirmed....the 4th Wave is Upon Us

popopola

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ah dammit...

I paid some dude to install ix 1.6 on my 360 because I didn't know how to do it myself + I didn't have the materials.

I knew wave 4 would come but now I don't know what to do..

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The first game to have Wave 4 is Cars Race-o-Rama which just popped up a few days ago.
I'm going to go on a limb and say that Modern Warfare 2 will be Wave 3. A major release like that would probably be pressed and published far ahead of time, before Wave 4 would come into effect.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gaisuto said:
The first game to have Wave 4 is Cars Race-o-Rama which just popped up a few days ago.
I'm going to go on a limb and say that Modern Warfare 2 will be Wave 3. A major release like that would probably be pressed and published far ahead of time, before Wave 4 would come into effect.
But don't you think we would've heard if it went Gold or not yet?

Hermessz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
Actually, when I think of it, using the activate.iso isn't such a terrible thing.
I always use ABGX360 and without verification and/or AutoFix succeeded, I don't even burn the game.

It's actually pretty good, no need to upgrade firmware anymore and I can just use the activate disk.

One last question, is there an importance of what disk I burn the activate.iso, speed, and if DL disk, the layer break?

peace.

sudeki300

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
the activate.iso should be burned the same as any 360 backup. the same with the layer break also.....................sudeki300

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's the same layer break as all other 360 backups. If you use ImgBurn, when you set the layer break, it'll ask you which layer to burn it on, so burn on layer 0.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
"using the activate.iso isn't such a terrible thing"

As someone who saw the PS1 era actually having a use for the serial at one point and part of the DC era knowing what Utopia meant I am inclined to disagree.

@misteromar the update that comes with it is supposedly the august the 11th update aka 8498 NXE (previous/wave 3 were was of the 7 series NXE updates (I forget which one exactly)) and while there are deviations (that iextreme 1.6 NFO I linked has the known ones) the fact it is not the same update makes it a new wave rather than a deviation.

@Gaisuto I agree entirely that it will have been pressed ahead of time and will also agree that companies will have held back according to their marketing/date/profit concerns (that guitar hero game from the other day being a prime example) but this is the better part of a month and even the best selling games have only clocked around 10 million units (sales to present) which is not exactly much higher than weekly DVD sales numbers for a anticipated DVD really and not that much trouble to a decent pressing plant/company. I would like to point at wave 3 and say look at time lag between arrival and it becoming mainstream but we are talking april/summer releases vs christmas rush.
On the flip side we have just seen Forza about the same amount ahead of time.
My opinion: entirely possible but I would not place a bet on it.

re: burning activate iso. I have heard many things too although I have not really had any cause to test things out.
Suffice it to say you will certainly need a dual layer and when imgburn chimes in and says "whoa you can get this on a single layer tell it continue anyway)
It will not come with a .dvd file (what usually houses the layer break "value") but as for the burn to each layer option I say the only thing it will hurt is your time (all 5 minutes of it) so burn it on both layers (pressing no on imgburn if memory serves although the app will have a description).
Speed: I still contend that for decent media the whole burn at whatever speed thing is a myth so year whatever combo you have found your media and drive to work with is good enough.

soccerboy169

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what does this mean exactly? i read the the link and i still dont get it...when it comes to the 360 i am a noob on this....i have 1.6 should i downgrade to 1.5?

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Gaisuto said:
Can someone give me a rough idea how safe this Activation.iso thing is supposed to be? It can't be as foolproof as the regular means, can it?

It simply disables the checks. As long as the backups good, you're fine.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@soccerboy169 just a quick clarification
1.6- a new(ish) codebase and featureset for all drives bar the hitachi
1.5- the old version, does not support third wave discs (most games since early April)
1.51- 1.5 with a quick "hack" to enable third wave discs to work.

Reverting to 1.5 will cause far more hassles than it is worth.

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well it's nice to know that Borderlands is Wave 3, so it's definitely not spreading just yet.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/Y9WKPRUjNQ4?si=raUf8jEiET8rmH2P