some1ne

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible for Nintendo to ban consoles if they have modified vWiis? I want to use a USB Loader to play Brawl because my disc is scratched and gives me read errors, but I'm afraid of losing online functionality.
And I know Nintendo can ban the entire console from online connection, as stated on the Miiverse Code of Conduct.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Uh-huh, your disc is scratched, we get it.

To my knowledge, no, they cannot. vWii Mode is entirely separate from Wii U Mode, but as with all modifications, you as the user take full responsibility for your actions and any and all of their results, positive or negative.

As of today, Nintendo does not ban users for modifying vWii and it's unlikely that they can effectively scan that part of the system as it's entirely separate to Wii U Mode, however any resulting damage or banning (which may or may not occur in the future - you never know what future firmware updates will bring to the plate, like it was in the case of the DSi/3DS and flashcarts) is considered to be "your problem".

Reactions: Ray Lewis

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've never heard any reports of a Wii U (or a Wii for that matter) being banned just for modifying it to use a USB loader. Cheating online is usually to blame for bans.

If you don't cheat, you're probably fine.

EDIT: Ninja'd...

tronic307

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No they only ban online cheaters. Rarely, a hack could lock your system, but they'll never repair a hacked Wii U, even for full price.

some1ne

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
The Wii U mode can actually read stuff from the vWii, as you can see on the Mii Maker where you can import Miis from the Wii System Menu.
I'm afraid of losing the whole console just because of this. :/

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My vWii is softmodded and I played MW3 online with it, I even had to visit the shop channel to get the game update. No ban. I don't think Nintendo cares if your vWii is modded.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The Wii U mode can actually read stuff from the vWii, as you can see on the Mii Maker where you can import Miis from the Wii System Menu. (...) I'm afraid of losing the whole console just because of this. :/

Like I said, as of today there were no bans connected to vWii modification, it's unlikely that Nintendo verifies anything "Live" in that mode. Importing isn't exactly the same as reading directly and scanning for oddities. :P All I'm really saying here is that it's highly unlikely that you'd get banned (as in, it never happened before) but nobody's going to give you a guarantee that it won't happen somewhere down the line.

tronic307

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Wii U mode can actually read stuff from the vWii, as you can see on the Mii Maker where you can import Miis from the Wii System Menu.
I'm afraid of losing the whole console just because of this. :/

Then don't; get a used 8gb Wii U, and hack that.

mylesofsmiles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not only is my Brawl disc scratched as well, the disc drive in my original Wii also stopped working. I wouldn't worry about losing online functionality because you are referring to the Miiverse Code of Conduct. The thing is, you don't use Miiverse or the Nintendo Network to play Wii games online, you use the much more inferior Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection. Everyone cheats on Wi-Fi Connection and Nintendo can't really do anything about it because it works using Peer to Peer (P2P) communication. I am going to do a full softmod on my vWii sometime this week and I'll post back on how that turns out.

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone ever heard of a ban for Wii U? I've never heard of one on any site I've visited. Always possible like Foxi4 said.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...