Hacking Contenthax - a Vulnerability in Wii U File System Verification

Brawl345

Trophies
Website
wiidatabase.de
XP
Country
Germany
Here's a little modification I made to DaBlackDeath's icon tga, in case anyone wants to add it to their package. :P

icontex-png.68871
This doesn't seem to work on my PAL Wii U with Brain Training :( It just shows a "?" on grey background.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: thaikhoa

emulationxp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@FIX94 I'm having some problems
I put the rom into the following path : /vol/storage_usb01/usr/title/00050000/10179b00/content/0010

this is my config.txt
a=fw.img
b=iosuhax/fw.img
down=wiiu/apps/homebrew_launcher/homebrew_launcher.elf
x=wiiu/apps/ftpiiu v0.3/ftpiiu.elf
default=wiiu/apps/homebrew_launcher/homebrew_launcher.elf

I put the file using the following commands:

python -i wupclient.py

w.up("config.txt", "/vol/storage_usb01/usr/title/00050000/10179b00/content/config.txt")
w.chmod("/vol/storage_usb01/usr/title/00050000/10179b00/content/config.txt", 0x644)

but when i try to use it after restart the wiiu I got a -5
I have the SD inside the WIIU with all the paths created.

My console is USA with spanish language

epicmartin7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@FIX94 I'm having some problems
I put the rom into the following path : /vol/storage_usb01/usr/title/00050000/10179b00/content/0010

this is my config.txt
a=fw.img
b=iosuhax/fw.img
down=wiiu/apps/homebrew_launcher/homebrew_launcher.elf
x=wiiu/apps/ftpiiu v0.3/ftpiiu.elf
default=wiiu/apps/homebrew_launcher/homebrew_launcher.elf

I put the file using the following commands:

python -i wupclient.py

w.up("config.txt", "/vol/storage_usb01/usr/title/00050000/10179b00/content/config.txt")
w.chmod("/vol/storage_usb01/usr/title/00050000/10179b00/content/config.txt", 0x644)

but when i try to use it after restart the wiiu I got a -5
I have the SD inside the WIIU with all the paths created.

My console is USA with spanish language
I'm actually having the same issue.

default=wiiu/SDCafiine.elf

This is what I have listed and I'm getting the -5 error as stated above.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
This doesn't seem to work on my PAL Wii U with Brain Training :( It just shows a "?" on grey background.
Oh it might be because it's not in the proper tga compatible format.
I opened up the original in GIMP and modified it, then exported it as it was.
Don't know what the issue might be, anyone has any idea?

Xuman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so I'm redoing my tga's for haxchi with the proper credits. before i actually finish it this time, I want to make sure i have the credits right. Assuming that the OP credit list is correct, we have:

Smealum, Yellows8, Plutoo, Naehwert, Maschell, Fix94, and Derrek.

Is this correct? If not, someone please inform me before I share it.

Icon
KyfRz3I.png

Gamepad. Edit this to show what your config.txt launches are
HE9PbOE.png
tv showing credits
apKMDMn.png
hYKp8ae.png

Last edited by Xuman, , Reason: Showing Images

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well, since I cannot buy atm Brain Age, I did this splash on my free time until I get a prepaid card to buy the game, so I will share it if anyone wants to use it. The logo from the center was made by @Xuman, the rednand and wupserver parts were made by me (notice the ninjhax's font on the "rednand"'s letters in honor to smea's work, the wupserver one was inspired on the colors of the profile's pic of @FIX94 and the font is the same as Nintendont's icon). The HBL part I randomly found it from Internet, so idk who is the autor.

Enjoy :yayu:
34e0b5da7b2f69de6d09e6d984993735.jpg

Last edited by Billy Acuña,

Xuman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, since I cannot buy atm Brain Age, I did this splash on my free time until I got a prepaid card to buy the game, so I will share it if anyone want to use it. The logo from the center was made by @Xuman, the rednand and wupserver parts were made by me (notice the "ninjhax" font on the rednand's letters in honor to smea's work, the wupserver one was inspired on the colors of the profile's pic of @FIX94 and the font is the same as Nintendont's icon). The HBL part I randomly found it from Internet, so idk who is the autor.

While I'll keep using my own, I definitely like this. Nice job

brkun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, since I cannot buy atm Brain Age, I did this splash on my free time until I got a prepaid card to buy the game, so I will share it if anyone want to use it. The logo from the center was made by @Xuman, the rednand and wupserver parts were made by me (notice the "ninjhax" font on the rednand's letters in honor to smea's work, the wupserver one was inspired on the colors of the profile's pic of @FIX94 and the font is the same as Nintendont's icon). The HBL part I randomly found it from Internet, so idk who is the autor.

This is really great! Would you mind sharing this PSD? I want to personalize it for my commands (remove rednand, for example).
If you can't, i will understand =)

veraci_00

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, since I cannot buy atm Brain Age, I did this splash on my free time until I get a prepaid card to buy the game, so I will share it if anyone wants to use it. The logo from the center was made by @Xuman, the rednand and wupserver parts were made by me (notice the ninjhax's font on the "rednand"'s letters in honor to smea's work, the wupserver one was inspired on the colors of the profile's pic of @FIX94 and the font is the same as Nintendont's icon). The HBL part I randomly found it from Internet, so idk who is the autor.

what's the command to add this to haxchi?

Kohmei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is the timing for holding the button down? I mean when is it actually being checked
If you hold it too long booting into wupinstaller, for instance, wupinstaller will take the held button as an input

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I actually broke my DS VC game by uploading new meta over wupserver which seemed to stall during transfer - waited for a good 10 minutes and it didn't seem to complete, despite being a 3MB file.

Not a problem because I could just delete the DS VC game and redownload it, but it has put me off attempting it again.

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually broke my DS VC game by uploading new meta over wupserver which seemed to stall during transfer - waited for a good 10 minutes and it didn't seem to complete, despite being a 3MB file.

Not a problem because I could just delete the DS VC game and redownload it, but it has put me off attempting it again.

you did not need to go that far, as long as you backup the meta first you can always use loadiine.ovh to boot HBL then launch CFWBooter. From there you can restore the original meta or try custom meta again.

those 3MB files take 15-20 to copy, it takes a really long time for a file that small.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Now that I think about it, did you use the iconTex.tga from inside the RAR file?
That's the one which should be used, the PNG/post image is just for demonstration, the one on the RAR is the real deal.

ThatNintendoNerd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, I can't seem to upload the config.txt at all. WUPClientGUI doesn't work. And even without the GUI, using the command lines, it says it succeeded but it doesn't upload. I got the rom.zip a-ok. Any ideas?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    cearp @ cearp: and Psi - I had a cd player / radio that played mp3 cds once, very cool