ROM Hack Continuing Smash Bros. TURBO'D

Mattshark

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pics or didn't happen
Sorry, but if you think about it, pics wouldn't show characters moving any faster than they do in-game...

I can assure you that this does work, though; I personally started this project and tested all the initial submissions, everyone's contributed content works perfectly. Even if this mod was fake, since it only modifies the smash files, the worst that could ever happen is a game crash anyway. It this was the case, it could be uninstalled pretty easily; just deleting and reinstalling the smash update from the Eshop will restore smash back to normal.

Also @wuboy , could you or anybody else with this mod installed record a "demo" video for the front page showing the mod in action? I don't have a Capture Card or a N3ds (for ntr streaming), so I can't do it...

Jerey71

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Turbo isn't working for me. I downloaded saltysd 1.1.6, I downloaded turbo and placed it on the root. I've installed the CIA of saltysd and deleted the CIA. Smash Bros doesn't crash, it works just fine, it's just that none of the smash turbo effects are there. What did I do wrong?

wuboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, but if you think about it, pics wouldn't show characters moving any faster than they do in-game...

I can assure you that this does work, though; I personally started this project and tested all the initial submissions, everyone's contributed content works perfectly. Even if this mod was fake, since it only modifies the smash files, the worst that could ever happen is a game crash anyway. It this was the case, it could be uninstalled pretty easily; just deleting and reinstalling the smash update from the Eshop will restore smash back to normal.

Also @wuboy , could you or anybody else with this mod installed record a "demo" video for the front page showing the mod in action? I don't have a Capture Card or a N3ds (for ntr streaming), so I can't do it...
I got someone on that already

Jerey71

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have two glitches to report. I'm not sure that i'm allowed but i'll do it anyway
1: Transforming in to Giga Bowser, and Giga Mac, And Mega Lucario (Wario Man I haven't tested yet) in trophy rush will crash the game when you transform back to normal.
2: In smash run, entering or exiting a door with any of the forms above(still haven't tested Wario Man) will crash the game.
Hope this helps.

EDIT: Wario Man has been tested. He has the same problems as the others.

Last edited by Jerey71,

Mattshark

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it just me, or does Marth have really bad range? Can you give him 1.1.6 range, if that is the case?
Was Marth's Range changed in 1.1.6 Because if it was, he would still have his 1.1.5 (maybe 1.1.4) range, since the Turbo'd hacks don't change with the characters when there's an official update. Marth would have to be completely redone to fix this (but would only take maybe 20 minutes).

shahanshah

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Was Marth's Range changed in 1.1.6 Because if it was, he would still have his 1.1.5 (maybe 1.1.4) range, since the Turbo'd hacks don't change with the characters when there's an official update. Marth would have to be completely redone to fix this (but would only take maybe 20 minutes).
I figured out the range problem - some of his animations end before the hitboxes come out, so moves like jab and f-tilt have dramatically decreased range. Hopefully this can be looked into

Jerey71

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have some more glitches to report.

Villager Glitches
1.Villager's UpB will break if used more then once. to fix, wait in between uses
2.Villager's Side Smash (if not meant to) can not charge, use is instant
3.Villager's Up Smash will sometimes not work. when it does the blast is in the wrong spot

Mewtwo Glitch
1. I can't get Mewtwo's counter to work. I'm guessing that this is because his counter is too fast to register in the game, or I'm just a dirty casual who can't even Hoo-Hah. but i'm just guessing.

Last edited by Jerey71,

wuboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have some more glitches to report.

Villager Glitches
1.Villager's UpB will break if used more then once. to fix, wait in between uses
2.Villager's Side Smash (if not meant to) can not charge, use is instant
3.Villager's Up Smash will sometimes not work. when it does the blast is in the wrong spot

Mewtwo Glitch
1. I can't get Mewtwo's counter to work. I'm guessing that this is because his counter is too fast to register in the game, or I'm just a dirty casual who can't even Hoo-Hah. but i'm just guessing.
I'll add villager to the list of those to redo.
Also, are you talking about MewTwo's down b, disable? It's not a counter, it's a short ranged stun.

Jerey71

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'll add villager to the list of those to redo.
Also, are you talking about MewTwo's down b, disable? It's not a counter, it's a short ranged stun.
Sorry. my mistake. Also just tested it again, nothing wrong with Mewtwo's DownB.

wuboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New Update, though it's a relatively small one!
Every character can now Wall Jump for more craziness.
I re-did Lucina (to fix her old, broken hitboxes and for a very quick, dashing Shield Breaker) and Ryu (so he can still use his light and medium attacks while still being faster overall).
Download it here!
https://mega.nz/#!i8ojlL4K!BjhdJxSLnuD-jIFIKpuJPlV0zUHFCQpN99bWn7m1EJQ

Mattshark

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New Update, though it's a relatively small one!
Every character can now Wall Jump for more craziness.
I re-did Lucina (to fix her old, broken hitboxes and for a very quick, dashing Shield Breaker) and Ryu (so he can still use his light and medium attacks while still being faster overall).
Download it here!
https://mega.nz/#!i8ojlL4K!BjhdJxSLnuD-jIFIKpuJPlV0zUHFCQpN99bWn7m1EJQ
I didn't even realize everyone HAD a wall-jump animation :D

Great work on the progress; I would've stopped long before now :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdMSPaHhmbI