wuboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't even realize everyone HAD a wall-jump animation :D

Great work on the progress; I would've stopped long before now :P
There's a tech known as a Tech-Jump where if you tech a wall while holding jump/up you'll do a wall jump. Wall Jump and Tech-Jump have the same animation, so it works!

Thanks!

xirtamehtsitahw

Trophies
I simultaneously exist across all moments in time.
XP
Country
United States
This does for sm4sh what the concept of "Balanced Hackmons" does for online Pokemon battle simulators (such as Pokemon Online)--it basically opens the throttle all the way with what characters can do, and makes for some insanely cool matches, even against the AI (that has the same powers as you).

I wonder if anyone has attempted to play Home Run Constest on a Turbo'd mod. I've tried it, and it's insane--it's almost trivial to score over 2,000 feet with most characters.

One last question: do the Mii Fighters get turbo treatment?

wuboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This does for sm4sh what the concept of "Balanced Hackmons" does for online Pokemon battle simulators (such as Pokemon Online)--it basically opens the throttle all the way with what characters can do, and makes for some insanely cool matches, even against the AI (that has the same powers as you).

I wonder if anyone has attempted to play Home Run Constest on a Turbo'd mod. I've tried it, and it's insane--it's almost trivial to score over 2,000 feet with most characters.

One last question: do the Mii Fighters get turbo treatment?
They will eventually, the thing that drives me to do so is I have a John Cena mii and I'm ready to mess people up with him.

xirtamehtsitahw

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wish I could come up with something similar to your Turbo'd mod...but for WWE SmackDown vs. RAW 2011 for PSP. That would REALLY wipe the smirk off the oh-so-cheap AI's face when they get turbo-slapped into oblivion.

There's already a hit-anywhere code, but it's somewhat flawed (you can only play one match per show, or the game will freeze).

SPEAKING OF the hit-anywhere effect, is it even possible for Sm4sh Turbo'd?

Last edited by xirtamehtsitahw,

joyoshi

ICUP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I wish I could come up with something similar to your Turbo'd mod...but for WWE SmackDown vs. RAW 2011 for PSP. That would REALLY wipe the smirk off the oh-so-cheap AI's face when they get turbo-slapped into oblivion.

There's already a hit-anywhere code, but it's somewhat flawed (you can only play one match per show, or the game will freeze).

It's been done on Wii U, so it probably is.

wuboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I think all you got to do is make the hitbox insanely big, It's not too difficult.

xirtamehtsitahw

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You'd have to do that, piecemeal, for every single character's entire attack moveset (including alternate specials, if the character has them). It would be very easy to do (as you say--just max out the size of the hitbox), but also VERY tedious. There would be well over 500 moves you'd have to change hitboxes for. It would be similar to having to take inventory...of a 500-piece jigsaw puzzle, to make sure there are no duplicate/missing/extra pieces.

But, if someone were to successfully endure that level of nearly insanity-inducing tedium, it would result in THE most broken and crazy-fun Sm4sh yet!

wuboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You'd have to do that, piecemeal, for every single character's entire attack moveset (including alternate specials, if the character has them). It would be very easy to do (as you say--just max out the size of the hitbox), but also VERY tedious. There would be well over 500 moves you'd have to change hitboxes for. It would be similar to having to take inventory...of a 500-piece jigsaw puzzle, to make sure there are no duplicate/missing/extra pieces.

But, if someone were to successfully endure that level of nearly insanity-inducing tedium, it would result in THE most broken and crazy-fun Sm4sh yet!
No it wouldn't, the winner would be who has the fastest button press and which character has the best frame data. It actually isn't that fun.

xirtamehtsitahw

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Huh...touche'. On the surface, it sounds really fun and wacky, but if one were to dig a bit into the actual math and code behind the game (and its growing number of mods), one would see that a turbo hit-anywhere free-for-all would boil down to who can button mash the fastest, like you said. However, I'd like to eventually see a full-blown modded game that allows you to play the single-player modes (all-star and classic) as well. Of course, your Turbo'd mod caters more to the multiplayer side of the game.

It's been fun, but I play Sm4sh more for the solo modes than the multiplayer components. I heartily applaud what you've been able to accomplish so far, and can't wait to see it blow up into the next Project M or BrawlEx.

Besides...Nintendo hasn't been nearly as aggressive toward the whole 3DS/Wii U modding scene lately, as its attention has been diverted in two ways: the upcoming NX console/handheld hybrid (I've heard rumors) and its rapidly growing mobile-app sector.

Mattshark

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just wish we could figure out what's wrong with All-Star and Classic mode... It seems to glitch up with just about any smash moveset mod, not just Turbo'd. Single player Turbo'd would be just as fun as multiplayer if it weren't for these glitches...

Maybe it's an error with SaltySD? Kirby gets glitched up even without mods installed (hats don't load), so it obviously isn't perfect.

wuboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just wish we could figure out what's wrong with All-Star and Classic mode... It seems to glitch up with just about any smash moveset mod, not just Turbo'd. Single player Turbo'd would be just as fun as multiplayer if it weren't for these glitches...

Maybe it's an error with SaltySD? Kirby gets glitched up even without mods installed (hats don't load), so it obviously isn't perfect.
it probably has to do with either the way SaltySD is coded and/or the increased loading times exceeding what the 3DS expects/can handle.

Yudowat

That one guy that shows up occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Idk if you've figured it yet, but i just noticed in the OP it still says the game crashes with kirby inhaling opponents which has been fixed with SaltySD a while ago, but it could be a problem with the mod too (bit unlikely though)

wuboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Idk if you've figured it yet, but i just noticed in the OP it still says the game crashes with kirby inhaling opponents which has been fixed with SaltySD a while ago, but it could be a problem with the mod too (bit unlikely though)
Oh, OK, thanks for telling me.
I guess as long as you're using the latest version of SaltySD it'll be fine. I don't think it's a problem with the mod.

Yudowat

That one guy that shows up occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Oh, OK, thanks for telling me.
I guess as long as you're using the latest version of SaltySD it'll be fine. I don't think it's a problem with the mod.
Nope, it isn't. I just tested then, and kirby has turbo falco lazers!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: MoM, I don't have to do homework, anymore :D:blush::D