Convert gb and gbc to gba to use thumbnails in EZ FLASH??

Tornesse

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
So I did this thumbnails thinking I could use them on my gb and gbc EZ FLASH games... but it only shows on GBA games??? T.T

Is it possible to convert gb and gbc games to .gba files correctly? I manage to do so with goombafront but the roms end up showing in B&W as if Im playing on a normal GB/Pocket... and every rom I've made has the same Game Serial, so just one thumbnail is shown...

Can anyone help me, if there´s an answer to this?

Just look how beatiful this are! XD

Attachments

• Thumbnails2.bmp
    232.4 KB · Views: 72

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You would have to wrap them in an emulator (goombafront probably being limited to the Goomba line rather than Goomba color, though some might still prefer that to color as color lacked some features to make it work -- for a long time GBC was thought to be impossible on GBA).
I believe the images key off the internal serial (people name their games all sorts of things so no great use there) which indeed would be the same for the emulator. You would then have to change the serial and either overwrite some games in the GBA list which you know you will not use (there are some 36 GBA video ROMs if nothing else, and loads of random European versions of things you probably won't play either) or make an addition to the database (think it is fairly plaintext/easy to edit rather than crazy custom).
Don't know what we are suggesting for changing serials these days -- if I ever needed to I would probably just use a hex editor and fix it with something like gbata ( https://no-intro.org/tools.htm ) or FAT http://www.gameboy-advance.net/rom_tools/flash_advance_toolkit.htm .

Alternatively some things are sort of open source these days so you might be able to do something there.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Regarding Goomba Front, it's an extremely simple program. It basically just forms a command and runs it: "copy /b goomba.gba + Game1.gb + Game2.gb + ... + GameX.gb OutputFile.gba"

So it will work fine with Goomba Color, by simply replacing the emulator core "goomba.gba" file that it's using.

Patters made some tools to help automate the process better.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thanks for signing up at LinusTechTips
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    holey shmoley!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your credit card has been charged. Thank you.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your screwdriverPlus will arrive in three weeks
    +1
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    K64_Waddle_Dee_Artwork_1.jpg

my reaction to such information
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Press 1 for English. Press 2 for Pig Latin. Or press 3 to speak to a representative.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i need help, i got into an argument about what genre radioactive is, and i forgot who made it
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BakerMan, Imagine Dragons
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Dragon deez nuts across yo face GOTEEM
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    lmao now I realize that was probably the joke in the first place
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IMAGINE DRAGON DEEZ NUTS ACROSS YO- FUCK HE BEAT ME TO IT
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You have selected 4 - Death by Snu Snu, please stand by...
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lucky bastard
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    hahahaha I'm half way through a bag off my Volcano and my tolerance is way down because I haven't been smoking much lately, so I was a little slow to catch that that was what your angle was 🤣🤣
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Also I was just excited to know a music reference for once (I am the LAST person in the world that you want on your trivia team)
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bummer webos 7.4 isnt working with dejavuln-autoroot
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    PS4 right? I think that's what mine's on. Or 5.6, maybe.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    [!] Installation failed (devmode_enabled not recognized)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    0.5 seemed to work whatever lol i wont bitch
  • Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham:
    Hehehe
    Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham: Hehehe