Homebrew Dump GB/GBC games using GBA and homebrewed Wii/GCN?

FlitPix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have Pokemon Yellow and Crystal on cart, and I'd like to back them their ROMs and savegames using my GBA. I have several other consoles to potentially help with this, including a homebrewed Wii, and a GameCube with GBP and a savegame exploit.
I also have a DS Lite with flashcart, but I'm aware that Slot2 doesn't accept GB/GBC games, so that won't help.

I've already tried the GBA Link Cable Dumper on my Wii, but it doesn't appear to support GB/GBC games due to the GBA's internal switch.
There appears to have been an issue asking for GB/GBC support, and it has been stated to not be possible.

Are there any options for me with my current setup? Is there a Wii/GCN homebrew app I'm missing that I could use? If not, what would be the best option for dumping GB/GBC games?

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The only hardware option that sounds feasible out of those is the GB Player and GC. I don't know if software exists for the purpose. If not, then yeah a dedicated dumper/flasher would be the way to go.
Better yet, they cost only around $30 from insideGadgets. Took only 13 days to get here from Australia.

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I see! Thank you, I'll look into this.
You're very welcome. If you're having troubles, then feel free to message Alex, as he has been very helpful with shipping my order.

Reactions: FlitPix

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That sick boy yo
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was hoping I could add a custom ROM to this fire HD 10 tablet but guess no one's made twrp available
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Root it? Lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    That shit is so locked down, tighter than a nun's ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know if that's even possible for the firmware
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You can remove the bloat ware and ads easily but can't install a rom
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    20 some years later crash bandicoot still pisses me off
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have you jail broke your ps4 yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been on since 9.0
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you gonna do your ps5 if the hack comes? Is there worries of bans, like the ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig...