Copying xbla games to disc with unmodded console

penguin05034

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You mean it works with pirated xbla files downloaded from the internet? Have you attempted this or are you hypothesizing?
And I'm talking about full xbla (non-demo) versions.
yes i tried it
it worked i burned hexic hd to a disc
Post automatically merged:

You mean it works with pirated xbla files downloaded from the internet? Have you attempted this or are you hypothesizing?
And I'm talking about full xbla (non-demo) versions.
i burned twd saeson 2 to dvd as full game i put it in my unmodded xbox 360 and it worked great

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
gotta be bs. full games do not work without a jtag or rgh, period.
There was a glorious couple of weeks (for everybody else -- I had a JTAG) where shared profile was a thing and you could download a profile and associated games and DLC on said profile (some whined about not getting trophments on their main profiles) and some of those were pretty feature complete for the time with most of the big games and associated DLC represented. Long since blocked but theoretically there could be something out there with it installed (I don't know if the specific profiles used were later blacklisted in updates but it would be a solid bet).
There was a marginal exploit called LIVE2CON where the CON files (uses for saves and whatnot, and the same underlying format as LIVE aka XBLA and DLC, also PIRS aka what various game of the year* editions used to install DLC to a drive without it. STFS if you want a search term) where some games would take the LIVE files redone as CON files and load them accordingly, mostly only seen for some guitar hero DLC I think but I never investigated this one fully.
There were a handful of games that various glitches saw able to bypass the end of demo restrictions and enjoy a full game. You will have to go hunting for those as obviously they got yanked from the store and I don't know of those versions were blacklisted on newer kernels but again solid bet.
I don't think we ever saw anything like the disc swap tricks some COD hackers used for this but it might have been a theoretical exploit.
I don't know what is available for the original 360s with memory card slots that work with the XBLA games some things had bundled on, likewise some larger NAND models were made that bundled things with them as well.

*that is also a thing you can use, even more so these days where you don't have to worry about getting access to the hard drive and instead have USB. The things available in PIRS or related concepts is very small though as most GOTY DLC was either on disc or a nice one time use code. That said technically serious sam which was sold as disc and XBLA of sorts had a PIRS version you could inject. I don't have a complete list to hand and there are some asterisks for things like I think was fable that worked far better with the install disc rather than injection.

If being an absolute pedant as well then I would note that flashed drives could run the various XBLA games collected and bundled on disc (a surprising amount more than many realise but also far from the best and brightest of the service -- you are not going to be sitting there playing perfect dark, bomberman XBLA or the other cream of the crop titles)

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it worked i burned hexic hd to a disc
Hexic HD is a DRM-free game iirc. So that doesn't count.
i burned twd saeson 2 to dvd as full game i put it in my unmodded xbox 360 and it worked great
The whole season including the DLCs? Not sure if Season 2 was released on disc or not, probably did, if it did, it doesn't count 'cause they make the files DRM-free as well (Season 1 was released on disc, 2 separate releases in fact).

Also, are you sure you don't have a flashed drive?
You should've tried with a game that wasn't released on disc. Then you'd see that it's not possible.

Reactions: SylverReZ

penguin05034

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
twd season 2 was on disc and digital download

i dont have a flashed drive

i will soon make video

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom

SylverReZ

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i dont want a flashed drive tho
At least I gave you some advice just in case you've wanted one, that's all. Not saying that you want one or anything.

even with a flashed drive it shouldn't work. it will appear on your system as corrupted data
You still need to have an RGH or JTAG system to play burned games.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At least I gave you some advice just in case you've wanted one, that's all. Not saying that you want one or anything.

You still need to have an RGH or JTAG system to play burned games.
that is incorrect. flashing the drive is separate. just because you have a jtag/rgh doesn't mean you can play burned games. you can dump them, but playing them requires the same process, yet easier, as the dvd key is in dashlaunch.

SylverReZ

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
that is incorrect. flashing the drive is separate. just because you have a jtag/rgh doesn't mean you can play burned games. you can dump them, but playing them requires the same process, yet easier, as the dvd key is in dashlaunch.
Thought that was the case, so thanks I guess.

Reactions: godreborn

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
twd season 2 was on disc and digital download
So i was correct.
even with a flashed drive it shouldn't work. it will appear on your system as corrupted data
Indeed (for a stock system).
that is incorrect. flashing the drive is separate. just because you have a jtag/rgh doesn't mean you can play burned games.
That's Indeed the case. I have 2 systems one stock with a flashed drive, can play burned games etc. And another rgh'ed, not flashed, burned discs don't work, they're not recognized as Xbox 360 discs (so can't dump them either).
you can dump them, but playing them requires the same process
For stock systems, you can dump the burned disc (if the drive is flashed) and play the installed game with the disc inserted (just like legit discs). But in jtag/rgh'ed systems, you can play those installed dumps without the need for the disc.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's what nxe2god is for. it removes the restrictions of using a disc. I think that's one thing that microsoft fucked up with. nxe and god games are nearly identical aside from a flag where it needs the disc. patching that makes them god games.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's what nxe2god is for. it removes the restrictions of using a disc. I think that's one thing that microsoft fucked up with. nxe and god games are nearly identical aside from a flag where it needs the disc. patching that makes them god games.
I've done some converting myself.. Though, like i said, you don't need the disc if you're on a rgh/jtagged system. For stock systems, it makes sense that it wouldn't let you do that anyway. 🤷🏻‍♂️
One more thing, is you can't copy the installed game image once it is on the drive. Not sure if it allows you to install to external drives though (i forgot)..
I had to copy them (installed game) from XexMenu or Aurora, to the external drive..

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not for nxe2god. nxe is the new xbox experience, or the dash format that allowed you to dump games, even on stock, as to not ruin the laser. it's like how the ps5 works. it doesn't tax the system by running the disc at all times, plus it's not fast enough for instant loading. god is games on demand, which are identical to the nxe games, minus the checks. it takes literally seconds to patch them, and they mass patch all of them. they're probably able to tell by the sub folder designation. I think god games are 00007000 or that may be nxe, but the system will know when you use that app.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: sigh