Hacking Official Corbenik - Another CFW for advanced users (with bytecode patches!)

Boured

A Dusk Lycanroc who cares a lot about people.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm stopping development of Corbenik for a number of reasons. Y'all can hate on me; it is what it is. I hope you can at least understand why. The code will stay up, and anyone is welcome to fork. It's open source; I hope it has a future beyond me.

I originally started coding Corbenik because I thought CFW was neat, and given how the community projects were all open source and everyone seemed friendly, it might be fun to get involved. I also had fun initially coding the thing, working through issues, etc...but that changed over time.

With every change made to software such as arm9loaderhax, boot9strap, etc, it gets harder and harder to keep up unless you're a developer of Luma or developer directly linked to Luma. The lack of standard makes things incredibly hard on me, and frankly, I'm burnt out of dealing with issues.

In the end, I've gotten tired of the project. I've gotten tired of dealing with breakage caused by lack of standards friendly to all software. I'm currently developing a game, and I'd rather devote my time to that.

I no longer find development of Corbenik fun, sad to say. At this point, I'd rather take a step back and just stop; go back to being a normal user.

So, unless someone else continues the project, I'm done. Sorry everyone. I don't mean to let you down, but it's how it is.
I wish you well on your future projects (such as your game), even if I never used this CFW, it was nice to have the option.

A

a9lh-1user

Thank you for all your time and something that is great.
If someone pick it up and work on it it will ALLWAYS be your CFW!
Thanks again for all you've done to bring it in another way and pick up good ideas form other's ;)

Good luck to you and whatever you and your loved ones are doing!

WilliamO7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That one big boy salute picture comes to mind right now...
@chaoskagami, I think you need a lot more praise with this project. Having modular patches like yours is quite a unique concept, and it got me excited as soon as I saw it was being done.
But alas, the constantly accelerating target that is the 3DS scene right now has failed you, and here we are.
BTW, I am thinking of doing a project that will (hopefully) give some resistance (for me mostly) against the fast moving scene, but only time will tell if this works (or if I'll be motivated enough to do it.)
Either way, thanks for all the hard work done over the past year, and good luck in wherever you may do next.
Will

D

Deleted User

Before, rxTools died then this? RIP Corbenik CFW, I had little good time using this even having fun tweaking those settings/options and patches. :(

Back to Luma3DS where I was at recently.

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
No conspiracies with unfriendly new "standards" or anything that only Luma devs know about...
A few observations on the b9s launch from an outsiders perspective...

It seemed like everyone got together behind the scenes to ensure everything was up to date and ready to go for launch. 3ds.guide, godmode9, luma and cakes were all b9s ready before it went live.

Could you guys have reached out to chaoskagami pre-launch to ensure corebenik was b9s ready? Sure! Could chaoskagami have reached out to you post-launch to get help getting corebenik b9s compatible asap? Sure! Were either of you obliged to do so? No.

I think the b9s collaboration pre-launch unintentionally created a "cool kids" vs "outsiders" divide. As I said, these are just my observations.

Aurora Wright

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
A few observations on the b9s launch from an outsiders perspective...

It seemed like everyone got together behind the scenes to ensure everything was up to date and ready to go for launch. 3ds.guide, godmode9, luma and cakes were all b9s ready before it went live.

Could you guys have reached out to chaoskagami pre-launch to ensure corebenik was b9s ready? Sure! Could chaoskagami have reached out to you post-launch to get help getting corebenik b9s compatible asap? Sure! Were either of you obliged to do so? No.

I think the b9s collaboration pre-launch unintentionally created a "cool kids" vs "outsiders" divide. As I said, these are just my observations.
http://gbatemp.net/threads/corbenik...bytecode-patches.429612/page-104#post-7321331

Reactions: Zidapi

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

CrimsonMaple

Developer • She/Her
Trophies
Website
crimson.ninja
XP
Country
United States
Good to see :)

So I guess it was just reiNAND that was left out of the loop then (which I fully support given rei's abhorrent behaviour in regards to you over the past ~12 months).
oy, fish fish fish. I don't appreciate being left out of the loop because of Rei's actions.

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
oy, fish fish fish. I don't appreciate being left out of the loop because of Rei's actions.
I've already made a snarky comment towards you about this, so I'll refrain from making another. I didn't post to create more drama.

It's not fair for sure, but unfortunately you're going to have a very difficult time distancing yourself from him with his "name on the box" (more so with other devs than with users I suspect).

The first thing @Aurora Wright did when she decided to distance herself from rei was change the name her fork from AuReiNAND to luma.

I haven't visited the reiNAND thread since the hacking situation, so I don't know how good or bad your continuation of reiNAND is being received by the community.

But if you're finding people have a negative bias towards reiNAND on account of Rei's behaviour (as I obviously do), perhaps you should also consider a name change for your fork. New name, fresh start.

Reactions: astronautlevel

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I've already made a snarky comment towards you about this, so I'll refrain from making another. I didn't post to create more drama.

It's not fair for sure, but unfortunately you're going to have a very difficult time distancing yourself from him with his "name on the box" (more so with other devs than with users I suspect).

The first thing @Aurora Wright did when she decided to distance herself from rei was change the name her fork from AuReiNAND to luma.

I haven't visited the reiNAND thread since the hacking situation, so I don't know how good or bad your continuation of reiNAND is being received by the community.

But if you're finding people have a negative bias towards reiNAND on account of Rei's behaviour (as I obviously do), perhaps you should also consider a name change for your fork. New name, fresh start.
More CFWs options are better :) from what I can say, ReiNand keeps stable as always a there are many features that are left to do.

BARNWEY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I think @CrimsonMaple could call it MapleNAND, it would be an awesome name for his/her fork XD

Edit: Another idea, SweetNAND

Last edited by BARNWEY,

HamBone41801

Vipera’s Alt
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

what were these negative actions?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: or maybe not