Corrupted Cartridge Fixer Release

Turndown4hwut

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
Thank you so much. My copy of Kirby Triple Deluxe originally froze during the opening movie, and even if I skipped it, I couldn't get far due to the very last room in 1-3 crashing the game, before it decided to give up during the title screen.

Two refreshes later, due to another crash during the opening movie, and it works flawlessly so far.

Reactions: impeeza and skawo

Uberslowturtle7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a little confused with running the program

1. Run the program (Place it in luma/payloads/) and insert a cartridge.
do i put the folder with the files into payloads? or do i put the files directly into payloads?

i'm trying to fix a copy of alpha sapphire and gives two different errors

Error type: generic

Process ID: 40
Process name: sango-2
Process title ID: 0x000400000011c500

Address: 0x001354f0
Error code: 0xd900458b

-------------------------------------

Error type: generic

Process ID: 38
Process name: sango-2
Process title ID: 0x000400000011c500

Address: 0x001286bc
Error code: 0xd900458b

Last edited by Uberslowturtle7,

chubbros

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
THANK YOU! Worked for my Codename STEAM cart which kept crashing. Had to run it four times, but now it looks like it's all fixed!

Reactions: skawo

Emdel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi OP; my copy of Smash 3DS seems to have fallen victim to this. When loaded on my OFW N3DS, it would show a black screen after initiating the game, and on my CFW N3DS it brought up an error. I ran your tool, and it got stuck on a few early clusters that I skipped, but then once completed, it started to work on my 2DS but not my N3DS. Should I run the tool again? Not sure why it'd work on one console but not the other.

skawo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Maybe you have some update data on one system and not the other?
Either way, running it again could help. Try to let it just run for a while, without skipping anything manually.

Emdel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK I'll try that. I have update data on the N3DS (the one that doesn't work) but nothing on the 2DS (which does work).

At any rate, I'm running it again now. Will update once done!

skawo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, I've had a user whose cartridge would behave the same way and the game would only work if the update was deleted.

Emdel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I've had a user whose cartridge would behave the same way and the game would only work if the update was deleted.
So maybe I should delete the update and see if that works? It's going through your tool fix as we speak, though.

skawo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, let it run its course first, of course, then try that if it doesn't work still.
Is it getting stuck or anything at the moment?

Emdel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, let it run its course first, of course, then try that if it doesn't work still.
Is it getting stuck or anything at the moment?
Yeah, it's been stuck for like more than an hour on a cluster. The current hash is still moving but the "Expected" has been saying the same thing for a while, with the 500+ refresh message. This is also keeping it at 0%

skawo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Is it in the ROMFS section, or EXEFS (as indicated by the upper-right message on the bottom screen)? If it's in EXEFS it might actually take several hours, as the EXEFS is giant.

If it's in ROMFS, that might indicate it's unfixable :/
Let it run for a little bit longer, I guess, and you can try running the fixer in refresh-every-read mode (hold SELECT when choosing the fixer option) if it never gets past it, but it might just never fix that block.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Interesting tool!

I have a cartridge of Smash Bros. that stopped working many years ago, maybe this will be the fix I had been looking for since then!

I need to give it a shot later today, because I am genuinely curious about what might happen.

skawo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
It's ROMFS :( But how come it works on the 2DS but now my N3DS?
Could be the save data or the update data. For example, on the N3DS it might be trying to display a "You got a throphy" message, and some of the data needed for that screen is corrupted, but on the 2DS it doesn't, so it gets past it.

There's also the possibility that your update data is corrupted on the N3DS.

So; Let it run for a bit longer, if that fails, run it in the SELECT mode. If that also doesn't go anywhere, try deleting the update data on the N3DS.

Emdel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could be the save data or the update data. For example, on the N3DS it might be trying to display a "You got a throphy" message, and some of the data needed for that screen is corrupted, but on the 2DS it doesn't, so it gets past it.

There's also the possibility that your update data is corrupted on the N3DS.

So; Let it run for a bit longer, if that fails, run it in the SELECT mode. If that also doesn't go anywhere, try deleting the update data on the N3DS.
So it just won't move; I ended up deleting the update data on the N3DS and it works again!! Your tool defintely helped becauase before, the game wouldn't even load! Thank you so, so much for this, you saved my cart!

skawo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Try to redownload the update data, then - maybe it just got corrupted on the SD card, or something.
Will mark this as partial fix, in any case.

Might also be a good idea to use GodMode9 to dump your cartridge to a .cia, extract the ROMFS and compare it with a working one to see exactly what's corrupted.

Reactions: Emdel

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: I always thought that capcom shuffled the games in these collection, but apparently they are all...