Corrupted Cartridge Fixer Release

RyanXx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your tool seemed to have fixed my Super Smash Bros. for 3DS cartridge. I found out last year when I bought my New 2DS XL and was trying to play my old 3DS games that the game would 8/10 of the time load infinitely when trying to play a stage, and would also load infinitely when trying to view trophies. I tried deleting the update and launching the game, but it would load infinitely on the Nintendo 3DS screen. (This was before I installed Luma3DS on the system) A few months ago, I tried playing the game again, this time with Luma3DS installed, and this time when I tried to launch the game without the update, it would give an Arm11 error. I tried verifying the game with GodMode9, and the verification would fail instantly. I deleted my save file stupidly thinking it was the problem, but it still didn't work. Fast forward to yesterday and I tried using your tool, and after running it four times on the cartridge, it was able to fully verify in GodMode9, and the cartridge seems to work perfectly now, minus my save file being gone, sadly. I backed the save file up but I'm not sure if it would be corrupted or not.

Great work.

• Love
Reactions: impeeza

bitten2up

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From my tested games, only Smash Bros. had these problems, the game card alone would boot to black and with the updates installed it would boot but crash on the tutorial video and load infinitely on various of the game modes.

Using the tool fixed it and seems to be working fine again as is or with the updates installed, had quite a few of mismatched blocks, but also a lot of good ones.

The game card is the first version from the launch of the game (1.0 without updates on the game card) with the 8.1.0 update.
same thing happened to me with yoki watch making me think it was defective, im most suprised it booted on a nonhacked 3ds due to the sigchecks

Reactions: impeeza

bitten2up

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
same thing happened to me with yoki watch making me think it was defective, im most suprised it booted on a nonhacked 3ds due to the sigchecks
ive been running this off and on, yeah this cartridge might be to far gone (got this around 2017 to 2018, sealed and it was like this, idfk how it booted far enough that i have a save, i just brute forced to the point where i could get to the part that you get the yoki watch, now all i get is a cartridge can not be read error trying to boot it), though im still curious about how the sigcheck passed

Attachments

• 20230625_115311.jpg
    20230625_115311.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 36

skawo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Huh, interesting.
I guess it just gets stuck on the EXEFS section forever?

It'd be worth checking if there isn't a physical defect in this case and reflowing the chip pins if you're able to.

bitten2up

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Huh, interesting.
I guess it just gets stuck on the EXEFS section forever?

It'd be worth checking if there isn't a physical defect in this case and reflowing the chip pins if you're able to.
yeah that might be worth it, the manual folder is just gone, ill look into getting someone else to do it as i don't have a steady hand

Anichibi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i made an account here specifically bc i wanted to thank you for making this tool! i booted up my copy of fe echoes and tried to finish my original save, couldn't even get a hit on duma before the game would crash, if i was even lucky enough to get there before a crash. same thing when i tried to start a new game. i verified the game files and it kept coming back failed so i looked for a fix and found this, ran it through a few times, and can FINALLY play the game! :yay3ds: thank you so much!!!

twofoursixeight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mario Kart 7 as doing a thing where it was crashing by highlighting Banana Cup in the course selector. I wanted to play CTGP-7 but it kept crashing. The CTGP-7 staff recommended this tool. Here is what I would like to say:
It fixed the issue! Thanks.
Post automatically merged:

Mario Kart 7 as doing a thing where it was crashing by highlighting Banana Cup in the course selector. I wanted to play CTGP-7 but it kept crashing. The CTGP-7 staff recommended this tool. Here is what I would like to say:
It fixed the issue! Thanks.
Update: I entered an online race and it seems that a few issues still exist but the bug I mentioned is gone

Last edited by twofoursixeight,
Reactions: skawo

skawo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Try running it again, this time maybe while holding SELECT when selecting the option - it sometimes takes a couple runs for all the fixes to actually stick.

You can run the "Verify..." option from the same menu to check if everything has been fixed.

Reactions: twofoursixeight

twofoursixeight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try running it again, this time maybe while holding SELECT when selecting the option - it sometimes takes a couple runs for all the fixes to actually stick.

You can run the "Verify..." option from the same menu to check if everything has been fixed.
It hasnt crashed a second time yet. If it does crash again, then maybe I will run the proceedures again and try again for fixing

Readmit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For my Super Smash Bros 3DS cartridge. I ran the fix. During the run, there were many hash mismatches and several of them had 500 retries exceeded, so I had to press Y to continue. At the end, it said "Corruption fix succeeded, run verify". I ran the verify, but the verification failed.

*UPDATE*
I am right now running my second cartridge fix. I am getting the same "hash mismatch" "500 retries exceeded" "press Y to skip this blo" prompt. I won't be pressing Y on this second attempt though.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/i-insta...godmode-but-it-wont-run.636636/#post-10209389

*UPDATE*
My second verification also failed. I will try to run the fix a third time.

*UPDATE*
Verification failed on the third attempt. I'm going to try playing the game and seeing if it works now.

*UPDATE*
The game seems to play on cartridge now. I'll see if there are any issues on cartridge later, for now I'm going to try and see if it will play after I install it on the sysnand of the 3DS through godmode.

*UPDATE*
It seems to play on the 3DS after installing it to the sysnand. I may not need to buy a new copy of this game after all.

Last edited by Readmit,

skawo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Skipping a block will always result in a verification fail at the end. The option is just there so you can move on if something is truly stubbornly stuck.

If it's getting through the whole process without skips and the verify still fails, then there're probably stuck blocks in there.
You can try running the process while holding Y to enable logging to see how many there are.

Last edited by skawo,

FreezingRedwood

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really cool tool - gonna run this on my collection soon.

Two questions (sorry if they're out of scope):
  • Do you think this would be necessary to use on a Sky3DS+ (and other 3DS flashcarts)? My assumption is no since they're loading from SD cards, but I think the firmware for these carts requires an internal NAND. Don't know if this tool accesses that.
  • Is there a reason you're maintaining a separate fork of GodMode9 for this feature, instead of implementing a GM9 script? Not too experienced in 3DS system programming, but I think it's a bit of a hassle to try to keep in-sync with the upstream repo. Would love to keep this tool around for a while.

skawo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
- No clue; I don't have any 3DS flashcarts to try.
- I don't know the extent of GM9 script capabilities. Not sure whether it's actually possible to do with a script. Is there a reason to keep this in sync with the upstream repo, though?

Anyone knowledgeable with writing GM9 scripts is welcome to recreate this, though!

Last edited by skawo,

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Do you think this would be necessary to use on a Sky3DS+ (and other 3DS flashcarts)? My assumption is no since they're loading from SD cards, but I think the firmware for these carts requires an internal NAND. Don't know if this tool accesses that.
Almost all flash cards uses their own storage for bootloader and then uses external SD card for firmware so no affected by the decay of original carts memory type. So no. They aren't affected.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIpfWORQWhU