Corrupted MK8 data

n8lol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm very new to hacking and, not even a week in and I corrupted my Mario Kart 8 data. The game says I have corrupted dlc so I would try to delete the data from my usb, but it brings up a USB error. Since I only hacked it and installed Mario games that I "lost" years back, I have no knowledge of what I need to do. Can anyone help? (Being the stupid person I am, I downloaded the dlc AND updates from the usb helper so thats what happened. I also have a legit MK8 disc.)

Laf111

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Are you using Tiramisu or Aroma ?
If Aroma it is, wich version ? (https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-aroma-environment-for-wii-u.618474/post-10073262)

You should try to also install Tiramisu and see if it works using Tiramisu.

Another thing that could cause "false data corruptions" issues with tiramisu and Aroma (who failed to write on a readonly sdcard ???) specially with an error on saves data but afterward, i'm really wondering it wasn't related to my DLC corruption issue too... : https://gbatemp.net/threads/sd-card-write-protected.469256/post-10041268 (set a bit of thin tape on the SD card lock. Note that this last issue is not with your SDCard but with the internal Wii-U reader device)

Hope it helps...

Last edited by Laf111,

seanbhz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Same question. Tiramisu or Aroma? Do you have sigpatch at the right place? OP used usb helper and messed up, is that what you did? They also made 1 post and never come back.

More details would help when it comes to stuff like this.
tiramisu, sigatch is in the correct place, i use usb helper. my problem is that i cant delete the corrupted data (when i reinstall the game through NUSplii it gives a red screen once i get to replacing the corrupted file) and deleting it in the wii u data manager doesnt work

seanbhz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What is the red screen saying exactly? What is data management saying?
im reinstalling the dlc so i can get the red screen and check what it says, but for now i know that data management says
"The data could not be deleted" when i try to remove the corrupted data
Post automatically merged:

What is the red screen saying exactly?

Attachments

• image_2023-09-15_155042945.png
    image_2023-09-15_155042945.png
    509.3 KB · Views: 19
Last edited by seanbhz,

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
external hdd
Other things work perfectly fine I guess? Just a shoot into the blue but this might be a corrupted filesystem.

Take this, please:

Edit line 30 so it contains the IP of your Wii U (no need to change the port). Now start it with python -i wupclient.py - this should give you a command prompt. Now at that prompt enter w.dump_syslog() while NUSspli shows the red screen. Copy&paste as much of the log as possible. Exit wupclient with exit().

SDIO

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The file system is probably damaged. If you have another HDD you can temporarily use, I would recommend copying everything else over and then format the HDD.
Else you could use ftp to move the corrupted directory alway, like we do it with MLC corruption

seanbhz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The file system is probably damaged. If you have another HDD you can temporarily use, I would recommend copying everything else over and then format the HDD.
Else you could use ftp to move the corrupted directory alway, like we do it with MLC corruption
im currently using ftp and when i try deleting the file it refuses to delete a folder in it called (link), says
"could not retrieve directory listing
success"

SDIO

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Probably a corrupted directory, the only way to get rid of that is to format. Else you can only move it

When you do the wupclient stuff, just to be sure that it isn't a permission problem, you could try setting the permissions

seanbhz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Probably a corrupted directory, the only way to get rid of that is to format. Else you can only move it
i dont have another hdd/usb or the money to get either
Post automatically merged:

I agree with SDIO. Would still be nice to see the log (even better: After trying to delete via FTP) to confirm 100%.

Attachments

• image_2023-09-15_161747464.png
    image_2023-09-15_161747464.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 20
  • image_2023-09-15_161814887.png
    image_2023-09-15_161814887.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 18

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Then I would suggest to backup saves ( https://github.com/Xpl0itU/savemii/releases ), reformat the HDD, reinstall all the games and revert the saves. This will be a lot of work through, so I would really suggest to grab the syslog first, so we can confirm it's really a corruption (could still be a underpowered HDD, even if chances are low).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    4-way split screen on a tiny 19" TV, lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you share joysticks also
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh we had the 4 controller add on thingy for n64. Duh I just got your joke, lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    So you touched ends
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, but being in the boy scouts, they forced us to
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chopped down some wood for the scout master
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Big Gay Al was our Scout leader.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I was actually in the scouts for 1 week, til they assigned me homework, n I was like f this, and quit, I was like 10 yrs old. And no I didn't join the girl Scouts.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Was the homework about getting to know the scout leaders
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to memorize how to tell 15 different trees species, I think, been awhile. But yea it was about knowing Wood.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Could've just wrote down firewood
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It was lame. Like the goal was to earn badges/patches to wear on your uniform. Stupid.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Scooby doo was the only thing that made the scouts seem cool back then
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Hmmm for me it was Golden Eye or Tribes on PC can't remember which was first.
    Next on MXC Choir Boys VS Boy Scouts!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That would be funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Think I'd prefer to be a boy scout you go in a alter boy you leave with demons
    +1
    Ken someone needs to make Scooby Doo and Zoo School lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Scooby doo and the alter scout
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Who did this to you it was a priest zoinks!
    Scooby Doo and Micheal Jackson save Christmas, they team up to help Santa. Micheal Jackson makes sure all the boys are asleep for Santa
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I can picture the unmasking, "Lets see who molested you scooby..."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Scooby fights off the allegations of fox and cnn
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You mean it wasn't the scout master it was the priest?
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You mean it wasn't the scout master it was the priest? +1