Homebrew Could I hook up a router to another one to change the password encryption?

orangy57

bruh
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wanted to see if I could hook up my router which requires a modem to my other router that serves as a modem as well to pass over internet service. I wanted to know because my modem/router hybrid doesn't support WEP encryption which I need to play online with my DS.

jonthedit

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
I wanted to see if I could hook up my router which requires a modem to my other router that serves as a modem as well to pass over internet service. I wanted to know because my modem/router hybrid doesn't support WEP encryption which I need to play online with my DS.
Official DS Online Service servers have been shut down by Nintendo.
Unless you were planning to use the SNWiFi service- which only has some games available, this is kind of pointless.

jonthedit

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
I was planning to use AltWfc or Wiimmfi.
Set your second router up as an extender (with its own SSID). You might need a modified firmware file depending on the router.
From here you can set the encryption to WEP, while pulling from your primary router's internet.

orangy57

bruh
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Set your second router up as an extender (with its own SSID). You might need a modified firmware file depending on the router.
From here you can set the encryption to WEP, while pulling from your primary router's internet.
Thank you. I just wanted to know if it was worth getting out my router and setting everything up to be disappointed. I'll try it now!

jonthedit

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Thank you. I just wanted to know if it was worth getting out my router and setting everything up to be disappointed. I'll try it now!
Theoretically it should work fine. I setup a NAS which ran through a separate router to another one and had two different encryptions running. The only hard part is getting the two routers to link up if they are not meant to link up. If you are on one of these typical Linksys routers: (WRT54G Wireless-G)
41upv4G42UL._SY300_.jpg

You are in luck, there is custom firmware.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la