OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hey guys
biggrin.gif

I've been using Gamma and Softchip to boot my backups. All successfully etc. I used n00b's guide here to get up and running:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=114...t&p=1529161

I want to install Starfall so I've got some come back if I brick my Wii at any point, and I know that I needed to downgrade to do this, as I was running 3.4E. So I've followed EmperorOfCanada's guide to downgrade to 3.2E:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=118446

Again, all successfully. I'm now running 3.2E. From Canada's guide the part I haven't done is:

QUOTE said:
[STEP 3] [You should now be on version 3.2 for your region. You're almost done!]

+Load Starfall with Homebrew Channel.
If you read the disclaimer carefully, you will see you are instructed to press B+1 and not B+2. Press B+1 until you get to the next
screen. It is very picky so dont be surprised if you have to keep pressing it a number of times.
At the next screen the most important things to install are the last 3 options. Many people like to just install everything which
is okay too.

+Run cIOS Installer in Homebrew Channel.
This installs the IOS needed by the launcher.

+Load "Install Shop IOS51". Say Yes to installing IOS51 and Yes to patching a fix but No to the Wii Shop Channel.

+Load Wad Manager in Homebrew Channel and install:
DjTaz_gamma_Loader.wad - This will give you a Gamma launcher channel. You can skip this if you prefer to launch backups from HBC or wish to install a different channel loader.

You can also optionally install IOS38, as in some cases it is needed to run Animal Crossing.

I can install Starfall now, I know that. Which I've yet to do but that's not a problem.

Could somebody explain a bit more what the parts in BOLD mean/do please? And whether its actually NECESSARY for me to perform step 3?

Secondly, my question now is, do I need to run n00b's guide again and install any of the WAD's from that? Or can I just go ahead and install the 002 Gamma fix and Softchip myself through WAD Manager 1.3 and away I go?

Thanks in advance
wink.gif

D

Deleted User

Just follow every single step. For a noob like you (No offense), you really shouldn't know why, you should know how.

Now know this, EVERY STEP IN EOC'S GUIDE IS A MUST!

D

Deleted User

And if you are wondering, the parts in bold:

1)cIOS Installer updates the cIOS fix to make it the latest cIOS, also an installer for the cIOS needed for Gamma.

2)Shop Channel and IOS 51 installer installs IOS 51 and Shop Channel fix so it can be accessed on a low firmware.

3)IOS 38 is optional only if you want to play Animal Crossing.

Logan

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks for the reply, but actually I didn't need to perform all steps. This is because whilst under 3.4E I had run noobwarriors guide which already installs the cIOS. All I had to do was run the Shop Channel and IOS 51 installer.

Not such a noob
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: I think they should make a movie where Ed from FMA meets Ed from brotherhood +1