• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Couy Griffin is disqualified for holding office after actions relating to january 6th

Deleted member 586536

Returned shipping and mailing
OP
Trophies
XP

Acid_Snake

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Alright so when is Hunter's laptop and crack addiction going to be investigated? I've seen people doing hard jail time for mere grams of weed, but the elites can do crack and progressives will defend them to death.

Fuck off with your political prosecution, you're turning the greatest country on earth into a banana republic. Either you investigate them all, or you don't investigate neither of them.

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So he was convicted of a misdemeanor and somehow that equates to participating in an insurrection where not a single person has been convicted of insurrection, sedition or treason. I get that you are gloating, but I'm not exactly sure why.

I never thought we'd get to the point where it is illegal to criticize the government. Congrats, leftists, you've brought fascism to our shores.

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't happen near enough, but I'll never get tired of how mad it makes republicans when somebody from their party faces the consequences of their own actions.

They get mad not because someone has been made to "face the consequences" but because there is no parity. I think the Hunter Biden example given above is a poor one, but Code Pink repeatedly breaking into the Senate and House chambers to disrupt proceedings when GWB was President is a good example. The riots in DC during Trump's inauguration and outside the White House in May 2020 are good examples. Leftist protesters and rioters get a pass, police are ordered to accommodate their chaos, theft, and destruction, mayors endorse providing them "space to destroy." But fools who got swept up into a crowd being waved into the US Capitol by Capitol Police on Jan 6, who just walked around and took selfies (some were belligerent and disruptive, but many did nothing but "trespass"), are being sentenced to 5 years in prison or more after a year and a half of pretrial detention without bail. It's not that their crimes are being punished that is objectionable. It's that the punishments are disproportionate, and that the crimes of others aressimply ignored or even praised.

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
6/1 capitol officers suicide count climbs to 4 total

article from a year ago

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/of...ol-attack-is-third-die-by-suicide-2021-08-02/

Aug 2 (Reuters) - The District of Columbia's police department on Monday said two more police officers who responded to the Jan. 6 riot at the U.S. Capitol have died by suicide, bringing to four the number of known suicides by officers who guarded the building that day.

In other news, Hunter Biden smoked crack and said the N word

• Haha
Reactions: pubert09

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
6/1 capitol officers suicide count climbs to 4 total

article from a year ago

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/of...ol-attack-is-third-die-by-suicide-2021-08-02/

Aug 2 (Reuters) - The District of Columbia's police department on Monday said two more police officers who responded to the Jan. 6 riot at the U.S. Capitol have died by suicide, bringing to four the number of known suicides by officers who guarded the building that day.

No more unusual than Russian oligarchs sleepwalking out of skyscraper windows.

omgcat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright so when is Hunter's laptop and crack addiction going to be investigated? I've seen people doing hard jail time for mere grams of weed, but the elites can do crack and progressives will defend them to death.

Fuck off with your political prosecution, you're turning the greatest country on earth into a banana republic. Either you investigate them all, or you don't investigate neither of them.
cool, cause hunter biden is totally going to hold any sort of office in the united states.

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cool, cause hunter biden is totally going to hold any sort of office in the united states.
That dog didn't hunt when the left was accusing Don Jr of everything under the sun, plus Hunter can be blackmailed forcing daddy to protect him. Not to mention 10% went to the Big Guy, so ole Joe profited while he was in office dealing with the CCP.

Reactions: Acid_Snake

vincentx77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Code Pink repeatedly breaking into the Senate and House chambers to disrupt proceedings when GWB was President is a good example. The riots in DC during Trump's inauguration and outside the White House in May 2020 are good examples.

Code Pink never broke into the senate. They showed up to sessions that were open to the public. Sometimes they got too rowdy and 'sometimes' they got arrested, so this is just Republican non-sense. The same is true for the those who rioted when Trump was inaugurated. 217 people were arrested in those riots. Just stop lying already. I know you Trumpers have a complicated relationship with the truth, but fuck...

Reactions: MicroNut99 and Xzi

Acid_Snake

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
They get mad not because someone has been made to "face the consequences" but because there is no parity. I think the Hunter Biden example given above is a poor one, but Code Pink repeatedly breaking into the Senate and House chambers to disrupt proceedings when GWB was President is a good example. The riots in DC during Trump's inauguration and outside the White House in May 2020 are good examples. Leftist protesters and rioters get a pass, police are ordered to accommodate their chaos, theft, and destruction, mayors endorse providing them "space to destroy." But fools who got swept up into a crowd being waved into the US Capitol by Capitol Police on Jan 6, who just walked around and took selfies (some were belligerent and disruptive, but many did nothing but "trespass"), are being sentenced to 5 years in prison or more after a year and a half of pretrial detention without bail. It's not that their crimes are being punished that is objectionable. It's that the punishments are disproportionate, and that the crimes of others aressimply ignored or even praised.
100%
I actually don't have an issue with Trump's house being raided, I have an issue with the Clintons, the Obamas and the Bidens not having theirs raided.

It would be ideal if politicians accross the spectrum are scared shitless of having to face justice if they do shady shit, but we don't have that, we have one party taking control of the justice system to attack the other party.

Pure grade A fascism.

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Code Pink never broke into the senate. They showed up to sessions that were open to the public. Sometimes they got too rowdy and 'sometimes' they got arrested, so this is just Republican non-sense. The same is true for the those who rioted when Trump was inaugurated. 217 people were arrested in those riots. Just stop lying already. I know you Trumpers have a complicated relationship with the truth, but fuck...
Many of those 217 were arrested and immediately released and the charges were dropped. The few that plead guilty received light sentencing. Also, six police officers were injured but they were local police and not Capitol police so that's ok by the left's standards.

vincentx77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Many of those 217 were arrested and immediately released and the charges were dropped. The few that plead guilty received light sentencing. Also, six police officers were injured but they were local police and not Capitol police so that's ok by the left's standards.
Yet Republican rioters killed 3 police officers on Jan 6. Ya know, the day they literally tried to end democracy. They also injured 140 officers. Perspective.

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yet Republican rioters killed 3 police officers on Jan 6. Ya know, the day they literally tried to end democracy. They also injured 140 officers. Perspective.
Name the police officers killed on Jan 6 and how they died.

And thanks for proving my point by changing the subject.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I wonder what deal with Satan LJN worked to get Rare to make that one...
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I remember couple years ago, they announced they were working on a Perfect Dark remake, wonder what ever happen with that?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It went into the darkness
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me and buddies used to play the hell out of Perfect Dark on N64, that and Goldeneye, was the first real PvP shooter games I remember
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    4-way split screen on a tiny 19" TV, lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you share joysticks also
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh we had the 4 controller add on thingy for n64. Duh I just got your joke, lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    So you touched ends
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, but being in the boy scouts, they forced us to
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chopped down some wood for the scout master
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Big Gay Al was our Scout leader.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I was actually in the scouts for 1 week, til they assigned me homework, n I was like f this, and quit, I was like 10 yrs old. And no I didn't join the girl Scouts.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Was the homework about getting to know the scout leaders
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to memorize how to tell 15 different trees species, I think, been awhile. But yea it was about knowing Wood.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Could've just wrote down firewood
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It was lame. Like the goal was to earn badges/patches to wear on your uniform. Stupid.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Scooby doo was the only thing that made the scouts seem cool back then
    Hmmm for me it was Golden Eye or Tribes on PC can't remember which was first.
    Next on MXC Choir Boys VS Boy Scouts!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That would be funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Think I'd prefer to be a boy scout you go in a alter boy you leave with demons
    +1
    Ken someone needs to make Scooby Doo and Zoo School lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Scooby doo and the alter scout
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Who did this to you it was a priest zoinks!
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Who did this to you it was a priest zoinks!