spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
OP
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
I have no problem in making it work with ysmenu, as for other loaders, I don't know of any that work in the same way.

If anyone knows any carts who's firmware can be loaded as a .nds file and that can autostart a game by putting its filename into a .ini, then please let me know.

Notyalc

Trophies
XP
Country
I know the TTDSmenu works as .nds file, I'm not sure whether it can autostart a game though.
Hope that helps.

(BTW, I assume your talking about renaming the .dat of the firmware?)

Also, great stuff on this!

Couldn't you put the covers on the bottom screen though?
And scroll through by touch screen (a'la iPod Touch).

BTW, I've a few design ideas if you're interested (I seem to be good with designing things like this) I don't take an offence if you don't use some (or even any) of the ideas, but I'm happy to send over a few quick pencil designs. (BTW, I mean I'll scan 'em & email 'em - just to be clear.)

I've got some pretty good ideas up to now if you're interested - I'm offering them to you as, well, I can't code or anything & you might benifit.

Perhaps even a partnership - I could give a few design ideas...well, sadly I guess you'd do most of the work, but most of the credit will be yours o' course.

Give me a quick PM/EMail if you're interested BTW!
I can send a few ideas, if you're not interested in any ideas/designs, you don't have to go any further with it either, & don't worry I wouldn't be offended either!

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Notyalc said:
I know the TTDSmenu works as .nds file, I'm not sure whether it can autostart a game though.
Hope that helps.

It cant autostart a game through an ini file (or any other means), and anyway, YSMenu works on DSTT, so there is no need for an alternative loader.

Max Overload fro Max Media Dock is an .nds file, and it can autostart games, not sure how the autostart function works though...Anyway, probably not worth the hassle, very few people use MMD these days.

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
OP
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
how_do_i_do_that said:
How are you going to handle folders and subfolders? and navigation through folders. Or is the coverflow a global list of all things on the microSD?

I haven't really thought about folders yet. I'm going to assume I will add 'proper' folder support, I don't think the DS is fast enough for a full card search on startup. Although, I could ad it as part of the cover updater, but that would mean you would have to update the card whenever you add something.

Davess

On the list :D (Thanks Haflore)
Trophies
Website
www.daviddavid.webs.com
XP
Country
Canada
Dam sexy
yay.gif

jceggbert5

Check out my hack, New Retro Mario Bros.
Trophies
Website
romhaxor.bplaced.net
XP
Country
United States
spinal_cord said:
how_do_i_do_that said:
How are you going to handle folders and subfolders? and navigation through folders. Or is the coverflow a global list of all things on the microSD?

I haven't really thought about folders yet. I'm going to assume I will add 'proper' folder support, I don't think the DS is fast enough for a full card search on startup. Although, I could ad it as part of the cover updater, but that would mean you would have to update the card whenever you add something.

The DSTT has no problem with it
tongue.gif

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
OP
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
jceggbert5 said:
spinal_cord said:
how_do_i_do_that said:

The DSTT has no problem with it
tongue.gif

The DSTT menu is one of the slowest I have ever seen, ever!

Notyalc

Trophies
XP
Country
Hmmm, so it's gonna be organised by going though individual folders...

Y'know I think I'd prefer it, especially if it means it'll be a bit faster than with all folders at once.

BTW, will it support SDHC? I'd hope so as it'll mean a lot more people will be able to use it, including me!

And incase you're wondering, I'll hopefully have a few (at least, if not all) pics of my concept designs emailed to you tommorow!

I think you might like some of 'em at least!

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
alidsl said:
Will it be controlled using buttons or some touch screen mechanism?

I'm hoping touch screen as that would be awesome to scrooll through my roms via the touch screen but buttons would be cool too.

looks good hope it works like a charm when finished

fabi280

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@Spinal:
You could add Subfolder handling with an xml file.
It could be updated by the PC app and with a special indexing homebrew on the ds.

(Sorry can not quote, because i can just use the Fast Reply Editor)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: I think we should outlaw healthcare entirely because the fact that people can get healthcare...