gameking66

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jurassicplayer said:
fruolie said:
Where to find the alpha version?
You don't. Xenon++ left the scene and took all of his stuff with him. The only redistributable stuff are the folders:
QUOTEarm7
bootlib
libfat
libprism
xenofile
Xenofile has to be verson 0.70b or above.
What? He replied to my question in a similar thread like this and said that DSTwo support is in alpha and works with inilink, I'm just unaware of how to set it up.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
gameking66 said:
jurassicplayer said:
fruolie said:
Where to find the alpha version?
You don't. Xenon++ left the scene and took all of his stuff with him. The only redistributable stuff are the folders:
QUOTEarm7
bootlib
libfat
libprism
xenofile
Xenofile has to be verson 0.70b or above.
What? He replied to my question in a similar thread like this and said that DSTwo support is in alpha and works with inilink, I'm just unaware of how to set it up.
In this thread
http://gbatemp.net/t208136-moonshell2tools...l-link-launcher
But it is no longer up

Infinite Zero

Almost!
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
why did Xenon++ quit?
mad.gif

WiiHoney

Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Mantis41 said:
Deleted at Xenon's request

I just followed your step by step installation and it worked great, but when i went back to copy the guide to my txt file.... the post was edited...

Anyway you can pm me that post before the editing?
Thanks

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
WiiHoney said:
I just followed your step by step installation and it worked great, but when i went back to copy the guide to my txt file.... the post was edited...
Anyway you can pm me that post before the editing?
Thanks
Well, if you explain what you have already done, we can help you finish setting it up (just make sure you don't delete ANYTHING and hope that you have everything you needed from Xenon...).

WiiHoney

Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Thanks JP for trying to help...

I already moded my NDSi with AK2i + coverflow...

I just needed the instruction just in case i reformat my sd card.

Here it is again without any xenon++ files...

credit go to Mantis41...

QUOTE said:
Ok: You have 1.8.0 working so I can shorten the instructions.

1) download akAIO 1.8.1
2) Extract and rename the akmenu4.nds to akmenu.nds also make another copy of this file and rename to akaio.aio
3) Put the files you just made, akmenu.nds and akaio.aio, and the /_aio folder onto the root of the SD card
4) download DScovered
5) place the files akmenu4.nds, dscovered.nds and the /d_system folder from the \DS folder in the DScovered archive to the root of your SD card. (you should already have this)
6) download moonshell2, I like the Child Zwai Edition but its up to you which one you use.
7) Run the auto extract and the copy the extracted moonshl2.nds and /moonshl2 directory to the root of your SD.
8) download Xenon++ archive
9) copy the files from the /moonshl2 and /d_system folders in the archive to exactly the same locations on your SD card. Replace files if needed, extlink.dat should be the only file that asks to be replaced. (you will not need anything else from this archive)
10) Run dscovery.exe from the PC. Make sure you choose akmenu.nds and moonshl2.nds before you update the card as this will give you access to akmenu and moonshell from the coverflow. You can also update the covers for these two files, I have included covers at the bottom of this post it is also a good idea to double click and rename them or they will show up as . in the coverflow.
11) Run up the DS. Go to options and change the loader to loader_extlink.
12) Everything should now work. Just remember if you want to run akmenu hold down the B key or it will get stuck in a loop.

suezeeq12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone - I need some help please..

I had DSCovered working with AKAIO 1.7.1 and had no problem at all until I just tried to update to AKAIO 1.8.1. I don't have moonshell or anything like that - it's pretty straightforward I think but this is driving me crazy - when I select a game to play it boots me to the AKAIO menu where it says "MicroSD card" and has a pic of the folder there.

I've read a bunch of pages and have tried more than a few things but can't seem to get it to work on 1.8.1. (I haven't tried 1.8.0)

Is this a simple solution I'm just missing? Any advice would really be appreciated - thanks a bunch guys!

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
suezeeq12 said:
Hi everyone - I need some help please..

I had DSCovered working with AKAIO 1.7.1 and had no problem at all until I just tried to update to AKAIO 1.8.1. I don't have moonshell or anything like that - it's pretty straightforward I think but this is driving me crazy - when I select a game to play it boots me to the AKAIO menu where it says "MicroSD card" and has a pic of the folder there.

I've read a bunch of pages and have tried more than a few things but can't seem to get it to work on 1.8.1. (I haven't tried 1.8.0)

Is this a simple solution I'm just missing? Any advice would really be appreciated - thanks a bunch guys!
You need to somehow find the loader_extlink.nds...though getting it now is kind of...hard.

suezeeq12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jurassicplayer said:
You need to somehow find the loader_extlink.nds...though getting it now is kind of...hard.

Thanks so much for the quick reply - I wasn't sure if that was something that I only needed if I had moonshell - it was mentioned in a post a page or 2 back.

Hmmm - so that is the only way to make 1.8.1 and DSCovered work? That would really stink if i had to stop using DSCovered. What a bummer!

WiiHoney

Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Dter ic said:

Lmaol, Do you actually believe that?

Maybe more believable if he says that someone hacked his account and used to post as him...

Translation talks about some file... xyz file that is used in some jp os (platform)...

There is always more than what meets the eye...
Anyway... its xenon++ decision as post his files or not... gravy train doesn't stop there...

shamiko_

~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
WiiHoney said:
Dter ic said:

Lmaol, Do you actually believe that?

Maybe more believable if he says that someone hacked his account and used to post as him...

Translation talks about some file... xyz file that is used in some jp os (platform)...

There is always more than what meets the eye...
Anyway... its xenon++ decision as post his files or not... gravy train doesn't stop there...
lmaol why don't you belive it??
the translation is sayig that Xenon++ is "dumber" than the inpersonator (i think)

suezeeq12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any program that does this same thing that I can use with the AKAIO 1.8.1 and future firmware?

I like all the cover pictures .......
rolleyes.gif

C

cloudspear

I see in spinal_cord signature that DSCovery has support for Supercard DSOne. I could not get it to boot the games; black screen after the games are selected. I only see options for loader like ysmenu, wood, and etc.... but no Supercard loader. How can I get DSCovery to work in DSOne?

Xenon++

Taiju Yamada
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
suezeeq12 said:
Is there any program that does this same thing that I can use with the AKAIO 1.8.1 and future firmware?
No.

QUOTE(cloudspear @ Nov 16 2010, 04:15 PM) I see in spinal_cord signature that DSCovery has support for Supercard DSOne. I could not get it to boot the games; black screen after the games are selected. I only see options for loader like ysmenu, wood, and etc.... but no Supercard loader. How can I get DSCovery to work in DSOne?
YSMenu is required, but the installation is kinda hard due to lack of inilink (nds.ysloader.nds requires special things).

Spidy1000

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Xenon++ i hope you wil reconsider your decision, i really would like to get DScovered to work with AKAIO 1.8.1, too bad the file needed is not provided anymore, respect for all your work

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Spidy1000 said:
Xenon++ Taiju i hope you wil reconsider your decision, i really would like to get DScovered to work with AKAIO 1.8.1, too bad the file needed is not provided anymore, respect for all your work
Fixed -_-".

Even if he DID reconsider...he still doesn't have a working DS anymore, so there isn't very much testing he can do himself.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/T78NsMwZOA0