• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Covid Restrictions dying off

Marc_LFD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know many of you were or still are in favor of these restrictions because you thought people would be coerced/convinced to take the jab ("for their own good"), but no, a lot refused it for health reasons or whatever their concerns are.

One of those who removed that restriction recently was Canada and thank goodness they came to their senses.

And a second example is Portugal, they had an app called "Stayaway Covid" and surprise, surprise, it's been shut down. Pretty sure that thing spied on users and tracked them moreso than what it claimed to do.

https://www.afpop.com/en/afpop-latest-news-1?aid=212&bx=1

Also: They removed the requirement to show Covid Pass or a test when entering the country.

Point being, if you have to coerce, convince, or incentivize (essentially all the same thing) then it's not about health, it's about control.

Moreover, while it looks promising they're getting rid of these tyrannical restrictions, they'll still try to have and make people comply so it's far from over.

I'm just disappointed that millions decided to get the shot not because if it'd be good for their health or even be aware of the side effects, but rather they'd be "free to travel again." That's like the trap of a man in a white van giving candy to kids.

Just be careful what you put in your body.

End of rant, I guess.

Deleted member 586536

Returned shipping and mailing
Trophies
XP
here we go again...
I know many of you were or still are in favor of these restrictions because you thought people would be coerced/convinced to take the jab
No primarily to reduce the spread to reduce possible mutations, and you know. Not have it stay long term. As we got the worst case situation ever since the anti vax movement picked up, and effectively made any attempts to try to lockdown, try to have a mask mandate, completely invalid since they just kept spreading it. States refusing to lock down, or worse, deciding that the opposite should happen, that there is a mask ban.
Point being, if you have to coerce, convince, or incentivize (essentially all the same thing) then it's not about health, it's about control.
Right.... Because apparently having vaccinations in schools is not a problem, or requirements for healthcare jobs, but travel is. Got it.
Moreover, while it looks promising they're getting rid of these tyrannical restrictions, they'll still try to have and make people comply so it's far from over.
Tyrannical?
"exercising power in a cruel or arbitrary way."
or
"characteristic of tyranny; oppressive and controlling."

If it's the former, how exactly?
If it's the later. How exactly is the government oppressing you? Is it, invading your home, forcing you into the ground with police officers injecting the vaccine directly into you?
Did they criminally arrest you and put it on your federal record and jailed because you didn't get the vaccine?
If this somehow existed in a criminal sense. Would remind me of a certain law that makes it so a certain process that women may choose to do regarding their lives, provide a 10 year sentence and a felon,a fine up to 10,000 dollars. Seems harsher than being charged civially, and only getting a $500 fine (and that's for a mask violation in only some states)
I'm just disappointed that millions decided to get the shot not because if it'd be good for their health or even be aware of the side effects, but rather they'd be "free to travel again."
Most did it for health (I say most since how the fuck would I know if there is that one person out there who strictly did it for travel reasons)
But additionally, MRNA vaccines aren't new. Used in:
Rabies
Zika
and HIV.

Health effects argument again which is just npc talk. (which is rare. There's a reason they keep you there for a solid 15 minutes in-case you develop any severe reactions. Which is extremely low. And the odds of people getting some long term effect, has proven to be even lower. Better than dying to covid, or worse, getting long term covid, both are higher)

Just be careful what you put in your body.
Bahahaha
Reminds me of some drug someone said worked for covid. And then didn't, and got proven 8000 times over that it didn't work. And pushed as a "alternative" to the vaccine.
I wonder if they were careful with what they put in their body.
Speaking of which I don't think horses are real.

Last edited by Deleted member 586536,

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Any reason this rant isn't in your personal blog? Yes, you put a bit of news url's in there, but rather than admiring that they prove you wrong. If it's all about control and being tyrannical and shit... Why are the restrictions being lifted? Is "covid isn't an issue anymore" only an argument for the split second you write it, after which you can continue to scorn countries from having tried to protect their borders?

Reactions: The Catboy

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
No,they still here in Austria.....

Masks up again in the next Weeks around October 23rd.....Yeah !

Honestly,Austria has the most shittiest Government in Europe....

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i know in the states the covid stuff has been lifted. cause local buses are not having anyone wear mask...

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
That happened because they politicized it.

If it has to be coerced or forced, then it's no longer about health.
It's not really a polarizing issue; vaccines work, and there's no evidence of long-term harm. There is also no evidence of large-scale damages done by vaccines. All side effects have been shown to be temporary, with no long-term issues. The idea that vaccines are a concern is pure conspiracy nonsense with literally no evidence to back it up. Equally, the effectiveness of vaccines, proper hygiene, lockdowns, and staying home when sick have been proven to be far more effective at slowing the spread of viruses. Thus far, conspires around covid and vaccines have only been proven to kill people.

Deleted member 586536

Returned shipping and mailing
Trophies
XP
So how long is this going to be Republican circle jerking about how Democrats politicized the issue? Even though it was Republicans that made it into a political problem and pushed an alternative medication that didn't even work as a "solution" to the "problem"

Or that anyone who dare wore a mask was "sheep" according to Republicans.

Glyptofane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not really a polarizing issue; vaccines work, and there's no evidence of long-term harm. There is also no evidence of large-scale damages done by vaccines. All side effects have been shown to be temporary, with no long-term issues. The idea that vaccines are a concern is pure conspiracy nonsense with literally no evidence to back it up. Equally, the effectiveness of vaccines, proper hygiene, lockdowns, and staying home when sick have been proven to be far more effective at slowing the spread of viruses. Thus far, conspires around covid and vaccines have only been proven to kill people.
Completely incorrect and laughably dangerous shilling as always. Lacking the due diligence and critical reasoning to interpret any available data from international studies, government data, and data from the pharmaceutical companies themselves isn't the same thing as no evidence. In fact, your post may be a good case in point that the the vaccines actually do cause prion disease afterall.

• Haha
Reactions: gamefan5 and nWo

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
here we go again...

No primarily to reduce the spread to reduce possible mutations, and you know. Not have it stay long term. As we got the worst case situation ever since the anti vax movement picked up, and effectively made any attempts to try to lockdown, try to have a mask mandate, completely invalid since they just kept spreading it. States refusing to lock down, or worse, deciding that the opposite should happen, that there is a mask ban.
There's not a single peer reviewed study that shows that masks, lockdowns or social distancing helped at all. In fact, most studies show that it made things worse.
Right.... Because apparently having vaccinations in schools is not a problem, or requirements for healthcare jobs, but travel is. Got it.
Every school vaccination was FDA approved. These shots were EUA only. And now a Pfizer executive testified in an EU hearing that the shots were never tested to see if they stop the spread. And the latest vaccine was only tested on mice. We all have been lied to.
Tyrannical?
"exercising power in a cruel or arbitrary way."
or
"characteristic of tyranny; oppressive and controlling."

If it's the former, how exactly?
If it's the later. How exactly is the government oppressing you? Is it, invading your home, forcing you into the ground with police officers injecting the vaccine directly into you?
Did they criminally arrest you and put it on your federal record and jailed because you didn't get the vaccine?
If this somehow existed in a criminal sense. Would remind me of a certain law that makes it so a certain process that women may choose to do regarding their lives, provide a 10 year sentence and a felon,a fine up to 10,000 dollars. Seems harsher than being charged civially, and only getting a $500 fine (and that's for a mask violation in only some states)
People were fired from their jobs if they didn't take it. Many committed suicide because they were unable to care for their families. People were prevented from getting food, especially in New York and California while the "elite" there ate at fancy restaurants. The poor got poorer and the rich got richer over the last 2 years all so people with mental illness can feel safe in public.
Health effects argument again which is just npc talk. (which is rare. There's a reason they keep you there for a solid 15 minutes in-case you develop any severe reactions. Which is extremely low. And the odds of people getting some long term effect, has proven to be even lower. Better than dying to covid, or worse, getting long term covid, both are higher)
The evidence says otherwise. And how is dying from Covid worse than dying any other way? You people make it seem like people's flesh is melting off when they catch Covid. You do know that billions of people have recovered from Covid, right?

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
So how long is this going to be Republican circle jerking about how Democrats politicized the issue? Even though it was Republicans that made it into a political problem and pushed an alternative medication that didn't even work as a "solution" to the "problem"

Or that anyone who dare wore a mask was "sheep" according to Republicans.
This would require Republicans to be self-reflective, which they aren't. Conservativism requires people to not think too deeply about their actions or how they affect others. The entire core of Conservatism has just become opposing Liberal and never thinking too deeply about what that means.

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This would require Republicans to be self-reflective, which they aren't. Conservativism requires people to not think too deeply about their actions or how they affect others. The entire core of Conservatism has just become opposing Liberal and never thinking too deeply about what that means.
That's funny. The fascist left can't even come up with any peer reviewed research showing that masks work. And now we find out that Pfizer never tested their vaccines to see if they prevented spread. So all the times we were told by government officials like Dr. Fauci that taking the vaccine would slow the spread was a complete and utter lie, but I don't expect the left to be self-reflective when presented with new information. The entire core of leftism has just become opposing normal people and never thinking too deeply about any issue whatsoever, especially if it doesn't fit the narrative the left is spoonfed by the corporate media.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The fascist left
I am not reading past this, you have no idea what you are on about and I can already tell the rest is going to be complete nonsense.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I'm surprised you were able to get that far. I promise, I used small words just for you.
If you clump Fascism into the "Left," then you aren't to be taken seriously. It's very clear that you just throwing around buzzwords and barking out your ass. Equally, I did opt to read the rest of your post and it's very clear I was right to believe the rest of your post wasn't worth my time. It's all baseless nonsense and conspiracies, as per tradition with your posts. No source, no basis in reality, and not worth taking seriously.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: