Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hmmm I have some crack on my DS.....but there are no cracks per se

haha, I've had Wiid on my DS before
biggrin.gif

Anyway I hope my lite doesn't crack, my bro's original DS got thrown out of a window at a bouncy castle and it bounced off and hit the floor and is still in mint condition

jchen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the same thing happened to me, i just pick up my ds and it cracks, its at the same place as the tc maybe the left hinge is weaker?

Cinos

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
sri.gunsha.com
XP
Country
I have the start of a crack in the exact same place, theres a gap in the centre and the two edges bu the havent connected yet... I've been most protective of my Dslite, no bashes drops or any rough behavour...I have no clue how that happened...

If it's happening to quite a few people at the exact same spot with little to no physical damage done to it, perhaps their is a slight fault in its creation...or maybe I'm just unlucky D:

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok including the O.P that makes four people who claim a crack at this location on thier DSLite, or the beginnings of one.

litesaber
antihaxer
jchen
Cinos

someone should make a post at forums.nintendo.com and start up a big stink.

kittyy

Trophies
XP
Country
mine is cracked as well.....

same spot....

i was not abusive to it so i guess it is a design flaw. i am debating the use of crazy glue. i think if i get it replaced that it will just happen again to the exchanged unit.

oh well...

LemonX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I already exchanged mine at NESA in scarbourough (ontario, canada) on the spot because of a dead pixel and THAT EXACT SAME CRACK!!!

I thought I was the only one ....

UnknownBeast

Trophies
XP
Country
dsmd9.jpg

My theory, I hope you understand the picture...

I don't have a crack on mine yet but I'm hoping I won't have one in the future.

Kezz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Now that's funny. I just checked my DS lite....and I got the same weird "gap" there! Not that I would bother, but well, add me to that list of yours
smile.gif

cornaljoe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Holy ****, this sucks I have to the same crack and I didn't even know until I read this message!!! This sucks will nintendo replace it if it ever gets worst. Right now its just an unnoticable crack. But my nephews DSPhat hinge broke all the way off but nintendo won't fix it for free. Said I have to pay $50.00

UnknownBeast

Trophies
XP
Country
This is getting serious, I think this is a design problem on the DS Lite.

I think the plastic on the hinge is too thin, and it is getting chipped of from the clicking mechanism that was supposed to hold the DS Lite open. Check the picture I posted before.

MDoggie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have a dead pixel on mine and the same crack as well.

Problem is, even if we "win", and Nintendo allows us to send it off to be fixed...many of us here have used flashme on it already. For some reason, none of the flashme_stealth versions worked, so, I used regular old flashme v7. Anyone think Nintendo won't provide us service?

blurrysarah

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Does this crack's appearance depend on how far you flip your top screen back?

I barely flip mine open 120 degrees, but I notice when you flip the screen to almost 180 you hit a bit of resistance and then hear a little pop sound. Doesn't feel right to me, so I never push it that far.

fatfree

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I found that the locking mechanism (the clicks you hear) is ONLY on the right side!

I looked at a disassembled DS Lite pictures, and notice it only on the right side, and you can verify this because if you put your ear to it, you can hear it click only on that side.

BTW, more people on the other forum has found cracks too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQ3tSfM8OXM