Croc is the next 90s mascot platformer to get a remaster

Croc_Legend_of_the_Gobbos.jpg

The classic 1990s game Croc: The Legend of Gobbos is getting a remaster. Joining the likes of Spyro, Crash, and Banjo & Kazooie, Croc will be seeing an upgraded remaster at some point. Former lead of Argonaut and series creator Jez San said that while it's very early on to announce, "Croc HD" has begun development. Croc, while it never had much staying power, the original game sold over 3 million copies, performing on-par with other beloved games back in the day.

:arrow: Source

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Heresy! Sonic Adventures 1 and 2 are 2 of the best 3D platformers ever made.
I would say quite the opposite. The adventure series took a legend class series and drove it into the ground. I won't go so far as to invoke 06's name, much less say it was better, but I will say Sonic 3d was better.

pustal

Yeah! This is happenin'!
Trophies
Website
web.archive.org
XP
Country
Portugal
I would say quite the opposite. The adventure series took a legend class series and drove it into the ground. I won't go so far as to invoke 06's name, much less say it was better, but I will say Sonic 3d was better.
I'm not religious but I'll pray for your soul... Forgive him Father, for he does not know what he is saying.

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
This was probably one of my favourites back in the day. Definitely wasn't expecting a remaster but hey, I'll take it

I wonder if the second game will also get one. I may not have liked it anywhere as much as the original but it would be nice for completion's sake

Reactions: Subtle Demise

pizzaman2893

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember playing this when I was young. Never beat it though cause I sucked lol. Too bad I can't enjoy platformers these days like I did back then

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Reactions: Subtle Demise

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I was reading an article about Argonaut on Time Extension the other day, mostly about how they ended up making Starfox with Nintendo. Apparently before Mario 64 came along, Argonaut started making a Yoshi game and pitched it to Nintendo, who turned it down so they turned it into Croc 🐊

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Spyro was never good but I can see why some enjoy it.
the first one WAS shit. 2 and 3 were good and the rest after them were TRASH. they fixed spyro 1 in the remaster you have all the abilities you had in 2 and 3 in the spyro 1 now including the jumping not being ASS and you can dash and jump.

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I was a kid in the 90s, Croc was really forgettable to the point I didn't buy it even when it was in the bargain bin.

|<roni&g

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Loved this as a kid, then went back to try and play it again (via emulator in 2008) and i remember finding it real difficult to move around. Interested to see this 1

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the first one WAS shit. 2 and 3 were good and the rest after them were TRASH. they fixed spyro 1 in the remaster you have all the abilities you had in 2 and 3 in the spyro 1 now including the jumping not being ASS and you can dash and jump.
A couple of years ago I tried playing Spyro on PS1 and it was fun, but the camera controls via the shoulder buttons (L2 and R2, I think) just never felt natural or normal.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: oof