Status
Not open for further replies.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe time to get a 3ds...nah still corny in my opinion and not worth 170. nintendos gonna be mad. but maybe this gives us an idea of what to expect with the wiiu. probably will come with HBC installed.

xxteargodxx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure what to say, I am not too impressed by their video. All I see is a chip or whatever the hell you want to call it (I'm not very tech smart) put inside a cartridge casing and the 3DS runs Splinter Cell.

I mean if this is legit then awesome I hope that team plans on supporting this flash cart and updating it often and not letting it die out.

As for the price I wouldn't pay $99 bucks for a flash cart, not yet at least it's still early in the game and I would rather wait to see this cart's features & a review on it and I'd like to wait a few months to see how well it is supported.

TLOZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Bad. After all, (if it's true) it's some kind of flashcard.
If it can play dumped, commercial games as shown in the video, this will end in piracy as usual.
Don't get me wrong, but I think new types of flashcards (for the next-gen handhelds) just shouldn't be revealed at this time.

Requios

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's only a matter if time now.

@TLOZ

Agreed. I was personally hoping that real progress wouldn't happen for a couple of years, with Nintendo's financial troubles and what not. If a flash cart gets released too soon, this will only hurt them.

mechagouki

Kill 'em all...
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'd like to know why OzModchips have been watching this thread, but haven't bothered to post and tell us what they know about this device.

Bit odd, no?

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
mechagouki said:
I'd like to know why OzModchips have been watching this thread, but haven't bothered to post and tell us what they know about this device.

Bit odd, no?
Maybe they only have as much information as we have? Nothing new to add...

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
qweasd123 said:
How flashcart could kill 3DS lol

Shovelware will be released anyway.
Because the Vita is right around the corner and if this is real some game developers won't feel safe putting their game on the 3DS and will move to the Vita

deathking

Trophies
Website
toxsic.com
XP
Country
United States
found this at a online store
next month is allegedly what crown is telling one retailer or they are making it up ,sure hope to see this cart out before christmas

1. Crown3ds team released the video that Crown3ds is running 3DS game splinter cell3d on a V2.1.0-4 3DS.
2. Crown3ds official site is online now:www.crown3ds.com
3. We confirmed that we will be one of the official resellers!
4. This item is still working in progress,the roughly release date will be next month.

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
well with this method i doubt foreign games will be playable so its no use atm,
i for one mainly would need something like this for foreign games and maybe to test some games I would not buy without the chance to test it before.

P.S. every console on the market got hacked already and its still more than worth to release games for them.

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
A Gay Little Catboy said:
qweasd123 said:
How flashcart could kill 3DS lol

Shovelware will be released anyway.
Because the Vita is right around the corner and if this is real some game developers won't feel safe putting their game on the 3DS and will move to the Vita
What if Vita gets hacked, both handhelds only get shovelware?
rofl.gif

rich333

Trophies
XP
Country
ahhh - the 3DS sales boost Nintendo need so much

I know i'll buy a 3DS as soon as a flashcart is released....

toot.gif

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
You know, ever since I buy all my 3DS games, this piece of news really struck me like lightning. I don't know why but I just feel guilty or something like that... Words just can't describe it..

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
chris888222 said:
You know, ever since I buy all my 3DS games, this piece of news really struck me like lightning. I don't know why but I just feel guilty or something like that... Words just can't describe it..
Why would you feel guilty for buying your games?

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KazoWAR said:
Thesolcity said:
cris92x said:
chris888222 said:
$99? That is one ultimate expensive cart
ohmy.gif

Considering that the 3DS files are much larger than the DS and this card may not be stable (and Nintendo possibly bricking your system
tpi.gif
), I won't buy it.

Unless there is some game which I REAAAAALLLY want that is not localized.

Edit: I just thought of this: crown3ds? Some independent group? Well, if it turns out to be like a 'bad clone' which don't do cart updates then you're largely screwed.
99 dollars is cheap for a piracy cart, its only like buying 3 games. Snes carts and n64 used to cost way more, hell even today they still cost alot, I don't see why poeple should even complain about the price when the return of piracy is so steep. If this is real then of course it gets to set the first price, there is no competition and it is the first. People have become spoiled by the cheap chinese ds flash carts, of course pre-ordering without real proof is stupid so best thing is to wait and see if its real then buy.

Where do you get your information from? Even the high-end cards don't cost that much. DSTWO= Price of a DS Game, iEvo=Price of a DS Game + Maybe a used one (OR) a DSi Shop card, not 3+ (Depending on price) full price retail games. The bar has been set and these people just want to make loads of money off of poor suckers, I tend to not trust no names in China.
dry.gif

SPEAKING OF WHICH, how is anyone even able to pre-order these? Didn't the site say they weren't taking them.
unsure.gif

he was talking about old snes, n64 flash carts that worked just like this one. not r4s and DS2s
yup and there is even a fairly new flashcard that works just like this for the n64 and guess what it costs? like 190!! or 200$ i have seen it for,
people should not bitch about this price at all, and i paid close to $500 for my bung gamedoctor 32mbit w/fx chips ,back in the day for my snes ,so these things are cheap, like someone said still cheaper than buying 3 games, and to me it sounds as if this thing also has built in 512 memory, which also means you dont have to add in the price of an sd card too, although i would have rather had it work on flash and go out and buy a 32gb card than only have 1 game on it,i hope its not cause they havent figured out how to use flash for the games yet, and it can only work with that other type memory, the expensive one that they used to use on flashcarts that had onboard memory only
but if you want to be an early adopter you know your going to pay more,and get less features, ill just let the other teams buy these and hope they reverse it and add some more features,

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
chris888222 said:
No, I just have that weird feeling. Possibly guilty for pirating so much on the DS (i have only one legit game which is pokemon diamond)
closedeyes.gif

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
chris888222 said:
guilty for pirating DS games in the past? idk

Edit: Nevermind! Too late
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgLD1yhxNik