theli

OP
Trophies
Website
theli.is-a-geek.org
XP
Country
mixinluv2u said:
i looked at the intro video text and the colors are not just plain white even though that's how it looks when i loaded it on my DS. not sure how to go about that.
you can leave that transparent background and use white for text - it works fine

ljw4702

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
theli said:
sorry for not answering
i'm alive
project is pretty stalled as none touched pictures which are posted in this topic (and i don't know japanese and does not have great graphic skills)

i'll repeat the posted link for anyone interested
http://omploader.org/vMWprbw/pictures.7z
if someone translates some pictures - post them here and i'll hack them in

also if people are still interested in translating i'll try to find time and finish extracting missing texts (like temples' effects)

edit: yes, i can hack 'movie' subtitles in - they are in that pictures archive

Are "temples' effects" mean such these?

1257247255_temple.PNG

(This is what I translated...)

I know where the temples' effects are.

And I have a question...

How to examine map Address?
I know approximately where the graphics are, but I can't extract them, so I'm receiving help from a person who can extract...

mixinluv2u

Trophies
Website
www.glowsticking.com
XP
Country
United States
theli said:
mixinluv2u said:
i looked at the intro video text and the colors are not just plain white even though that's how it looks when i loaded it on my DS. not sure how to go about that.
you can leave that transparent background and use white for text - it works fine
None of the image files have transparency though. Even the "Control Method" image I edited above. The background (area outside of the box) appears to be an off-white to me and not transparent. I just left those areas untouched, so hopefully that will work.

Intro video text doesn't have transparency to me either. Should I just create a new .gif that has white text and transparent background that's the same size (width/length)?

theli

OP
Trophies
Website
theli.is-a-geek.org
XP
Country
mixinluv2u said:
Should I just create a new .gif that has white text and transparent background that's the same size (width/length)?
no
you should edit copy of that original picture - oiriginal background color will be transparent in game

theli

OP
Trophies
Website
theli.is-a-geek.org
XP
Country
ljw4702 said:
Are "temples' effects" mean such these?
I know where the temples' effects are.
yes, i know too

QUOTE(ljw4702 @ Nov 3 2009, 01:22 PM) And I have a question...

How to examine map Address?
I know approximately where the graphics are, but I can't extract them, so I'm receiving help from a person who can extract...
i don't understand your question

mixinluv2u

Trophies
Website
www.glowsticking.com
XP
Country
United States
theli: okay I will try to edit the intro video text that way. I can't find the chinese translation can you point me in the right direction? Please extract the remaining text and images so we can finish this off! =)

Here are some bugs I found:

when I hit SELECT to bring up help at an unoccupied land the message only starts at the second half only, "onus, giving it ST+(# of Adjacent Creaturesx10) in battle." This is in reference to Help Script entry #9.

It then requires me to push a button to move the message forward, I hit A, then I get a partial message "ards." then requires another user input. hit A again, and then somehow I ended up with the card shop message Help Script entry #11, "If you have six cards in your hand, you will need to pick one to discard." not sure if this is correct or linked funny.

I talked to Bandle over PM about the weird linebreak issue he had, where he had to remove all linebreaks from the Story Script for it to display properly. Then I noticed that the Help Script still has manual linebreaks in them, I wonder if that's the cause of this issue? In any case, I removed linebreak from Help Script entry #9 to see if it will help.

Tutorial Script entry #0. The first half of the script is repeated twice for some reason. This part is shown twice:
QUOTE said:
First, let's discuss the conditions of victory.{07}{03}4/ is the magic power goal. The first Cepter to gather this amount of magic power and return to the castle will be declared the winner.{07}Making laps around the map will increase your magic...{07}However, your total magic increases further if you occupy land with creatures.{07}
after it displays twice it'll go correctly to the next part, "Now let's discuss gameplay...."

EDIT:
Adjusting BGM and Sound Effects volume doesn't seem to do anything. Was it the same in the Japanese version or did the patch break this feature?

mixinluv2u

Trophies
Website
www.glowsticking.com
XP
Country
United States
mixinluv2u said:
when I hit SELECT to bring up help at an unoccupied land the message only starts at the second half only, "onus, giving it ST+(# of Adjacent Creaturesx10) in battle." This is in reference to Help Script entry #9.

It then requires me to push a button to move the message forward, I hit A, then I get a partial message "ards." then requires another user input. hit A again, and then somehow I ended up with the card shop message Help Script entry #11, "If you have six cards in your hand, you will need to pick one to discard." not sure if this is correct or linked funny.

I talked to Bandle over PM about the weird linebreak issue he had, where he had to remove all linebreaks from the Story Script for it to display properly. Then I noticed that the Help Script still has manual linebreaks in them, I wonder if that's the cause of this issue? In any case, I removed linebreak from Help Script entry #9 to see if it will help.update on this bug. i moved to an unoccupied land and it seems to work fine. the error actually comes when i press SELECT right at the beginning of the round, when i am still standing at the castle right after i drew my card. i am not sure which Help Script this should have linked to instead.

QUOTE said:
Tutorial Script entry #0. The first half of the script is repeated twice for some reason. This part is shown twice:
QUOTEFirst, let's discuss the conditions of victory.{07}{03}4/ is the magic power goal. The first Cepter to gather this amount of magic power and return to the castle will be declared the winner.{07}Making laps around the map will increase your magic...{07}However, your total magic increases further if you occupy land with creatures.{07}
after it displays twice it'll go correctly to the next part, "Now let's discuss gameplay...."
this seems fixed now... nice! =)

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
All the recent work looks awesome, and it's coming so fast that I have sonething to look forward to each morning. Your work is very appreciated!

theli

OP
Trophies
Website
theli.is-a-geek.org
XP
Country
ok , i fixed help/tutorial/taunts pages in wiki (added missing entries)
and latest patch is up with fixing help issues and first batch of translated images
smile.gif

mixinluv2u

Trophies
Website
www.glowsticking.com
XP
Country
United States
awesome dude!

are the text from shrine effects dumped now as well? or is that something different completely?

There are some messages during battle that are still Japanese, if I had to guess they would've belonged in the Menu area, since some other messages of the same type are in there like "no effect". Is this same bug affecting the dump of Menu texts, too?

theli

OP
Trophies
Website
theli.is-a-geek.org
XP
Country
as for missing text:
the best way would be to create "Missing Text" wiki page and put missing strings there so i could search for them after i'm done with other stuff

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: AncientBoi is next to you.