Hacking [CURIOUS] Wii emu on the Vita?

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The Wii needs a very powerful system to be emulated at acceptable frame rate. Even my laptop can't run games at full speed. Although there is a Dolphin port for Android it is more a proof of concept right now and doesn't run well even in high-end phones/tablets

Swing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been waiting to be able to run a GC emulator to play RE Remake FOREVER! I didn't know you could do that on Android as well as make it a PSP, maybe I shouldn't have gotten a 5s after all... Besides the GC emulator I hope that they'll pick back up the Sega Saturn emu that never worked for PSP for the VITA, as I would love to play me some Panzer Dragoon!

Wisenheimer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been waiting to be able to run a GC emulator to play RE Remake FOREVER! I didn't know you could do that on Android as well as make it a PSP, maybe I shouldn't have gotten a 5s after all... Besides the GC emulator I hope that they'll pick back up the Sega Saturn emu that never worked for PSP for the VITA, as I would love to play me some Panzer Dragoon!

There are android emulators, but for android on ARM, you are not going to find them making commercial games playable any time soon.

PSP emulators on Android are a lot closer. On a high end android ARM processor and GPU, you can get 100% speed on many games and even tough ones like God of War are still playable, although since they are not able to emulate speed or sound acceptably.

The Vita has not been hacked to provide full access.

For gamecube games, I suggest buying a Wii or using Dolphin on a fast x86 computer, preferably an i5 or i7 that pushes near 4 ghz on a base clock core overclock.

user64

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For gamecube games, I suggest buying a Wii or using Dolphin on a fast x86 computer, preferably an i5 or i7 that pushes near 4 ghz on a base clock core overclock.
Really, you don't need 4 ghz. I've played gamecube and wii games at 1080p fine on my 3.4 or whatever turbo boost i7.

Wisenheimer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't even need an i7, I have an Intel i3 2100 and I have 0 problems with Wii/GC emulation.

Can you run a game like Skyward Sword in 4K with full anti-aliasing on an i3? I have an older, lower end i7 in my HTPC, and without overclocking it, it cannot maintain a good frame rate on Skyward Sword at native TV resolution.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Can you run a game like Skyward Sword in 4K with full anti-aliasing on an i3? I have an older, lower end i7 in my HTPC, and without overclocking it, it cannot maintain a good frame rate on Skyward Sword at native TV resolution.

Well for one thing, half of that relies on the GPU more than the CPU so...that's absolutely irrelevant. But nevertheless, I could play Skyward Sword with full anti-aliasing, around 3x native resoultion, and at 1080p, thanks to my GTX 650Ti.

Secondly, I would never waste processing power for 4K, since I don't have a 4K capable TV and it would be pointless to do so.

And third, I would never play a shit game like Skyward Sword.

Reactions: BortzANATOR

Wisenheimer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well for one thing, half of that relies on the GPU more than the CPU so...that's absolutely irrelevant. But nevertheless, I could play Skyward Sword with full anti-aliasing, around 3x native resoultion, and at 1080p, thanks to my GTX 650Ti.

Secondly, I would never waste processing power for 4K, since I don't have a 4K capable TV and it would be pointless to do so.

And third, I would never play a shit game like Skyward Sword.

I mentioned Skyward Sword because it is one of the most CPU taxing games to run on Dolphin and it is also one of the highest rated Wii games and generally one of the highest rated games of all time. My HTPC has an 860 processor, which is a base max overclock core speed (that is, done automatically by the chip itself without any tuning done by the user) of 3.5 Ghz, and without manually increasing the base clock speed by about 500 Mhz, I still get slowdowns (even in 1080p) with anti-aliasing on full.

So I am a little surprised that someone can run a game like that flawlessly on an i3, because even the newest ones I believe have a lower clock speed, so I am wondering if Intel's design for the Haswell i3's has really increased that much in efficiency or if maybe you are running less demanding games with less demanding settings.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, The Russians are after you lol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Send me your ip I'll remotely fix it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 my head needs fixing if I believe you
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's kinda fun watching it happen tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It needs fixing for other things but your pc I can fix
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    over 300+ virus/trojians/worms after scanning, what did I do to deserve this attention lol
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    tho I find it funny when i receive other people's pc/laptops in this state
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i wont be upgrading unless I cant run the games i want anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spill water on it good excuse
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 that's like a valid option if someone else is paying for ya
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Daddy's wallet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ngl hogwarts legacy has good pooping music
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    That's uh-
    That's certainly a Dairy Queen sign lmao
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You should see his help wanted signs
    Ugh, so many sweat-dipwads in Sploon 3 Anarchy mode tonight
    I didn't know this was "Make Octo never finish Fresh Season 2024 Catalog in Splatoon 3" month, good god
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of "confirming" games you know will get released. Like Nintendo "confirming" a Zelda sequel. "We can't be sure Nintendo is working on a new Zelda game, or if a new Zelda game will ever be released, until they officially confirm it."
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "There is literally no way to know if they will ever release a new Zelda game, it's wild speculation until they officially confirm it."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Black ops was the lesser shitter line in cock a poopoo tbf just a way to let people know it hasn't died or going a different route I guess
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $70 DLC per 6 months is what it turned into
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/R28ZSY2Sc2A?si=H5Lb6PNkzMhAHO_P