Hacking Custom Amiibo Cards for BOTW

k7ra

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Does anyone know where I can get these scans?
s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

mrdami3n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

I wouldn't mind but his cards are naff. He doesn't even corner them and that material looks awful. Have some pride man!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

I Would like to see copies of the cards from the collecters edition! Scanned in high dpi so I can use the images lol. I can't grab them from anywhere. I have allready made some custom fire emblem cards but they are from the SSB Series. I did the same with chrom and tiki.

mrdami3n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I mind. I mind a lot considering they're using my images and profiting off of it illegally.

Well, normally you would issue him a court order to remove his site or just point his site over to Nintendo most companies don't read the reports for IP and copyright they go "oh crap copyright" delete listing, account etc etc I had it when I tried selling some custom fan art Nintendo actually got me with a copyright policy on a drawing of sonic... so yeah....(well that legal field is a mess) Problem is the artwork isn't yours to start with. I suppose if you got a good lawyer he could turn it around and issue him with a takedown on the fact that you "created" fan art that was not supposed to be printed this way... but yeah that would be a long way to go, who knows could be some cash in it for you, I bet he has made a ton. Could just spam report the guy hes been selling them since you first made the cards. Ebay, etsy and on his site. Spoken to him personally and he lies a lot about what hes up to and doing.

Random11

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, normally you would issue him a court order to remove his site or just point his site over to Nintendo most companies don't read the reports for IP and copyright they go "oh crap copyright" delete listing, account etc etc I had it when I tried selling some custom fan art Nintendo actually got me with a copyright policy on a drawing of sonic... so yeah....(well that legal field is a mess) Problem is the artwork isn't yours to start with. I suppose if you got a good lawyer he could turn it around and issue him with a takedown on the fact that you "created" fan art that was not supposed to be printed this way... but yeah that would be a long way to go, who knows could be some cash in it for you, I bet he has made a ton. Could just spam report the guy hes been selling them since you first made the cards. Ebay, etsy and on his site. Spoken to him personally and he lies a lot about what hes up to and doing.
I understand the options. And the complexities. And Im not going to sue because its too much effort, but I still mind. He didnt steal your work so you dont really have a position to mind. I have reported his etsy page also. Currently I dont see him selling anything there but generally I have stopped even bothering because it was too much work.

mrdami3n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I understand the options. And the complexities. And Im not going to sue because its too much effort, but I still mind. He didnt steal your work so you dont really have a position to mind. I have reported his etsy page also. Currently I dont see him selling anything there but generally I have stopped even bothering because it was too much work.

Hes selling on more than that "One" account you think hes on. The guy sets up new etsys all the time lol. The guy is laughing his way to the bank. All you do is report to auction piracy or w/e it is saying its IP they just flag it and send it to etsy and it gets removed. 3 strikes and they get banned, they just open another account.

Random11

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hes selling on more than that "One" account you think hes on. The guy sets up new etsys all the time lol. The guy is laughing his way to the bank. All you do is report to auction piracy or w/e it is saying its IP they just flag it and send it to etsy and it gets removed. 3 strikes and they get banned, they just open another account.
I might be reading the wrong intention off you. But you say this like I'm some naive person who doesn't understand how the internet works. I get how the internet works. And as for etsy... I said it doesnt look like hes selling anything on etsy right now because when you search for amiibo cards I don't see anyone using my card images. At the very least that means they aren't shipping to canada or they aren't tagged well enough to matter anyway.

Me understanding how the internet works doesnt make it any better when someone steals something you put out there for free. Did I expect it to happen, yes but I still decided to share something I made in spite of that. Am I going to do anything about it, not much because overall its like trying to stop a waterfall with a pencil. Does that mean I have to be happy about it? No.

And then when I see people say "oh well I wouldnt mind, if only he printed it better". Sounds to me like "well I wouldn't mind him stealing your TV from your house, if only he wore more fashionable clothes while he was doing it." Dont really appreciate that coming from someone who wanted my help. Sorry, that comment just triggered me I guess (I use that word with the utmost disdain but its seemingly accurate here)

Last edited by Random11,

mrdami3n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I might be reading the wrong intention off you. But you say this like I'm some naive person who doesn't understand how the internet works. I get how the internet works. And as for etsy... I said it doesnt look like hes selling anything on etsy right now because when you search for amiibo cards I don't see anyone using my card images. At the very least that means they aren't shipping to canada or they aren't tagged well enough to matter anyway.

Me understanding how the internet works doesnt make it any better when someone steals something you put out there for free. Did I expect it to happen, yes but I still decided to share something I made in spite of that. Am I going to do anything about it, not much because overall its like trying to stop a waterfall with a pencil. Does that mean I have to be happy about it? No.

And then when I see people say "oh well I wouldnt mind, if only he printed it better". Sounds to me like "well I wouldn't mind him stealing your TV from your house, if only he wore more fashionable clothes while he was doing it." Dont really appreciate that coming from someone who wanted my help. Sorry, that comment just triggered me I guess (I use that word with the utmost disdain but its seemingly accurate here)

Sarcasm lad, sarcasm.... I was merely pointing out the crap job he has done to create them. Of course I mind, he stole the work you did creating custom cards which clearly were created for personal use. Not to be monetized on such a scale.

k7ra

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Sarcasm lad, sarcasm.... I was merely pointing out the crap job he has done to create them. Of course I mind, he stole the work you did creating custom cards which clearly were created for personal use. Not to be monetized on such a scale.
And sad thing that there many ppl use others work and sell it for cash...
I find on ebay and aliexpress so many nfc cards with our free prints...

skypirate123

Trophies
XP
Country
Has anyone found anywhere that would directly print all the designs onto an actual NFC Playing card? I've seen small sets sold by Chinese wholesalers etc so curious if we have anywhere similar to makeplayingcards.com except they use NTAG215 NFC Playing cards instead.

I'm thinking eBay, Alibaba etc... I'm gunna shop around over the weekend but if there's someone out there that has a good source... let me know!

Unfortunately I only have my work printer and I don't fancy fiddling about with that + gluing everything together when I could get a nice printed set for £20 from China :D

Thanks @Random11 for your hard work along with everyone else creating these. They are wonderful looking cards.

Also I noticed @CompC was missing a few Smash figures (Saaanicccc). Any chance of the missing few being added in the same design format Random/CompC?

Last edited by skypirate123,

Random11

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Has anyone found anywhere that would directly print all the designs onto an actual NFC Playing card? I've seen small sets sold by Chinese wholesalers etc so curious if we have anywhere similar to makeplayingcards.com except they use NTAG215 NFC Playing cards instead.

I'm thinking eBay, Alibaba etc... I'm gunna shop around over the weekend but if there's someone out there that has a good source... let me know!

Unfortunately I only have my work printer and I don't fancy fiddling about with that + gluing everything together when I could get a nice printed set for £20 from China :D

Thanks @Random11 for your hard work along with everyone else creating these. They are wonderful looking cards.

Also I noticed @CompC was missing a few Smash figures (Saaanicccc). Any chance of the missing few being added in the same design format Random/CompC?

If you want to print onto NFC cards directly you will most likely want my credit card sized images. Link here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/random11s-credit-card-sized-amiibo-cards.465999/

I have not gotten around to making all of the smash line, but another user has and he posted his work here:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/random11s-credit-card-sized-amiibo-cards.465999/page-14#post-7615593

They arent formatted the same as mine, and they dont have bleed or crop marks, but they might be worth looking at if you want them.

Random11

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg

here... idk where you got that picture but I recreated them for you. I put in the English names, hope you don't mind. Also the source image didnt have enough art to leave a proper bleed.... so above and below the crop marks is just stretched out to make a fake bleed, not much I could do there.

alm.png lucina.png robin.png ike.png corrin.png celica.png
roy.png tiki.png chrom.png corrin-f.png robin-f.png marth.png
back.png

Last edited by Random11,

webcivilian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Random11 Really great work on the Mario Odyssey. Could you share the template? I like to change the font box and the backside. Besides that it's perfect. :yay:

Thanks again for the great work.

webcivilian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whats wrong with the font box? I think I matched it perfectly.

Nothing wrong with the box and I agree it's perfect. I'm seeing another font style so was hoping to use that style. It has "Wedding" in multiple languages below the character name. As for background, I wanted the lighter map on it. Have a look at these. Again, thank you.

Attachments

• map.jpg
    map.jpg
    682.1 KB · Views: 381
  • Bowser Wedding.png
    Bowser Wedding.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 433
Last edited by webcivilian,

Random11

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nothing wrong with the box and I agree it's perfect. I'm seeing another font style so was hoping to use that style. It has "Wedding" in multiple languages below the character name. As for background, I wanted the lighter map on it. Have a look at these. Again, thank you.
you like the European box art better? I match the North American box art. Also that map was used in the making of the original back http://gbatemp.net/attachments/mario-odyssey-card-back-png.102545/

Last edited by Random11,

Brix8983

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What type of printer would I need to make these? I assume a regular printer would probably have them be grainy and wouldn't be cost efficient for ink.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: oof