Hacking Custom Amiibo Cards for BOTW

mistic100

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Here are the four last card backs for the four champions.

botw 2 card daruk_back_2.2.png botw 2 card mipha_back_2.2.png botw 2 card revali_back_2.2.png botw 2 card urbosa_back_2.2.png

HunterMcDole

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@mistic100 Thanks, I had to manually add them to the old data set for some reason, it kept giving me an error about too many variables on line 1. I have my modified pdf/dataset if you want it otherwise, I will just upload the pngs on the CC page if that is still cool.

Wavorly

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
@Random11 Hello. I was wondering if you planned on making a card variant for all the amiibo that would give you an outfit in Super Mario Odyssey.
30th Anniversary: 8 Bit - Classic Color
Mario Party: Gold Mario, Silver Mario
Super Smash Bros.: Diddy Kong, Dr. Mario, Luigi, Wario, Waluigi

Random11

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@Random11 Hello. I was wondering if you planned on making a card variant for all the amiibo that would give you an outfit in Super Mario Odyssey.
30th Anniversary: 8 Bit - Classic Color
Mario Party: Gold Mario, Silver Mario
Super Smash Bros.: Diddy Kong, Dr. Mario, Luigi, Wario, Waluigi
No. I dont really see a use for making cards of characters from a line in the styling of a different line. I see why you might want that in the short term so you have matching cards. But what happens when the next smash game comes out? Are you going to reprint those ones in the smash style? or live with not having the smash line all matching? If you disagree with my reasoning that's fine. I'm just explaining why I (for the most part) will only make cards in the style of their respective sets.

Wavorly

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
No. I dont really see a use for making cards of characters from a line in the styling of a different line. I see why you might want that in the short term so you have matching cards. But what happens when the next smash game comes out? Are you going to reprint those ones in the smash style? or live with not having the smash line all matching? If you disagree with my reasoning that's fine. I'm just explaining why I (for the most part) will only make cards in the style of their respective sets.

I think you misunderstood me. I would just like to make some cards for all of the amiibo that give you a costume inside Super Mario Odyssey. The same way you made for Breath of the Wild.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

30th Anniversary: 8 Bit - Classic Color, in the same style that you made the "Zelda 30th Anniversary Amiibo Cards"
Super Smash Bros.: Diddy Kong, Dr. Mario, Luigi, Wario, Waluigi, in the same style that you made the "Smash Series Amiibo Cards"
Mario Party: Gold Mario, Silver Mario, For these you don't have an existing template from what I can tell.

Random11

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think you misunderstood me. I would just like to make some cards for all of the amiibo that give you a costume inside Super Mario Odyssey. The same way you made for Breath of the Wild.

oh you just want the normal cards. Ok, you said variant so I thought you meant like a mario odyssey themed gold mario.

Anyway, as for making those cards normally, I wasnt planning on it... but Ill think about it.

Wavorly

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
oh you just want the normal cards. Ok, you said variant so I thought you meant like a mario odyssey themed gold mario.

Anyway, as for making those cards normally, I wasnt planning on it... but Ill think about it.

I could try making them myself, but I'm not sure where you are getting the box art without the characters on them. Or are you remaking them from scratch?

mistic100

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I remade all my cards on http://www.makeplayingcards.com
Each card is two poker sized laminated cards glued with the NFC tag in between. I also ordered a plastic case with the logo printed on it.

Much better quality than the first ones printed on photo paper and roughtly cut.

20171208191528-3e9b48f0-me.jpg
i.php

qaz015393

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wanted to buy more NTAG215 tags and wanted to know if this and this seller are good/recommend to buy from. I don't have the Power save application or the reader that came with it so I can't rewrite my powertag (I only wanted to rewrite it once since I used the wrong amiibo file- wanted to use the Majora's Mask spoof that would give me all equipment) plus I didn't want it to break/not read anymore (after having it for months now, I finally started using it).

Frexxos

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I finally finished my 48 Cards! They are working perfektliy and are looking very nice. Thanks again for all the perfect tutorials, like scribus and the templates!
Awesome Job! Here some Pictures. I think i gonna laminate them for more stability.
IMG-20180104-WA0000.jpeg
IMG-20180104-WA0003.jpeg
IMG-20180104-WA0005.jpeg
IMG-20180104-WA0007.jpeg

Last edited by Frexxos,

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have an exact way you modified the cards CompC made to fit properly on MPC? All of yours fit perfectly without modification, I'm trying to figure out the easiest way to fix all of CompC's card arts.

Katcher

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What should I be using to print the cards out onto in the way shown in the cutting guide? And how will I know if my Epson XP-305 can print on whatever it is I need?

Frexxos

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What should I be using to print the cards out onto in the way shown in the cutting guide? And how will I know if my Epson XP-305 can print on whatever it is I need?

go to the first page. There are two links

For a guide on how to print your cards go here

For a guide to cutting out the cards after you print them go here

install "scribus" and use the attached "scribus script". Then you only have to drag and drop the files. Its absolute easy and works like a charm!
There is also a PDF where you can see a step for step instruction how to cut the cards.

I personally recommend a device like this for cutting (worked best for me):
snider.jpg

Katcher

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
install "scribus" and use the attached "scribus script". Then you only have to drag and drop the files. Its absolute easy and works like a charm!
There is also a PDF where you can see a step for step instruction how to cut the cards.

I personally recommend a device like this for cutting (worked best for me):
View attachment 110887

Not what I meant but thanks for the recommendation on the cutting tool. I meant the type of paper I should use and if I can use it with the printer I have. I have the PDF's made just sitting ready for printing.

Frexxos

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
ah now I understand.

I printed on a laser printer with 120 g/m² glossy paper(only the printed side was glossy.
But just try it out. Some printers dont like "thick" paper or can't handle it.
I tried for myself a few different papers. and the 120g/m² worked best for me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill