custom firmware for sega flashback 2018

rioja14

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The development team has send me an older version of the firmware to test ( Firmware fb3680_1214 with 217 MB ) if the sound delay remains. I provide the link to anyone who wants to test but that he does it at his own risk.
Then say whether it has improved or not, in my opinion I think there has not been any significant improvement.
Do you think you can provide the link to the older version of the firmware? This audio lag is really ruining the play experience.

alexparr

Trophies
Website
alexsoddlife.weebly.com
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to slightly derail the thread, but is it at all possible to actually extract the files from the system?
While I don't own a 2018 model currently, I've been looking for an answer for months now and didn't get anything. I'm mainly trying to grab the "Bonus Games" that are on the system, in case you're wondering.

AlexHinostroza

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Yes, you can go back to Genesis Plus Gx if you want. Only the save states will not work as they are not compatible between emulators. You will need to create new save state.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

There is no such firmware. This has been discussed before, AtGames emulator (retroplayer) is not optimized for PAL games, so you may have delay on the sound, or PAL games playing faster on older firmware. The libretro cores are fine, but the emulator is not. Unfortunately there is no way to fix this behavior with the current emulator, and it's impossible to change emulators in a 10MB partition and a device with no debug interface to test different modules/dependencies. Maybe that's the reason why the EU device never received an official update to unlock the SD Card or play Sega CD games.

And if you think the original EU firmware is better, it's not. It's the same file as the US firmware, and it behaves much worse than the last update.
i find the complete solution to play sega cd games in the atgames flashback 2018

Reactions: papous

AlexHinostroza

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Do you happen to know how I can rename the bios for Pico? I tried keep bios_CD_U.bin in GAME 📁 and added chd, but like you said chd files don't work. Added 7 zip and WinRAR files, didn't work. Extracted them and added bios in their subfolder. Nothing. I don't know how to get Sega CD games to work in Pico after 4 days it is really pissing me off 😡 I seriously don't understand how people here got any Sega CD game to work in Pico.

Edit : I figured it out. The bios DOES have to be like other GenesisGX emu so bios_CD_U.bin the trick is to extract a Sega CD zip, then rename both cue and bin files say SoulStar_(U) and select only cue version in Game 📁 but I add both cue plus bin. Now I got sms gen 32x scd etc games working, 150 gems! More than Genesis Mini 1 and 2 combined and way less money =) Only Sega CD game I can't get to work so far is hacked Eternal Champions CD with All Characters, but oh well it is because it uses ISO+40 bin music tracks. That is another thing, IMPORTANT, try to download zips of Bin+CUE ( and unzip and rename for example CD_FinalFight ) but not Iso with seperate music tracks because those wont work with this version of PICO but will even unZipped with PowKitty v90. And CHD dont work with Pico either.

I wish I can find AHX bin/cue, BatmanReturns bin/cue, BattleCorps bin/cue, EarthwormJimSE bin/cue, EternalChampionsCDAINerf2.0 bin/cue, SonicCD++ just bin/cue, Spiderman bin/cue, Silpheed bin/cue, TerminatorCD bin/cue and 5in1 Games bin/cue and my list will be complete. One day...maybe somebody can PM me those. So far I got FinalFight, GameSack, MusicCD games and SoulStar.
Use cue file,, check my post to add sega cd games in you atgames flashback

Reactions: ATFlashback2018

papous

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hello, I have the megadrive flashback 2018 edition, can you tell me which is the latest version for the custom firmware and a link to download it in case i have older one.

DoctorEvil8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello, I have the megadrive flashback 2018 edition, can you tell me which is the latest version for the custom firmware and a link to download it in case i have older one.
Check out this post for the latest... https://gbatemp.net/threads/atgames...dition-is-out-in-the-wild.522990/post-8446618

Also the Game Manager really helps with setting up the games with the interface...
https://gbatemp.net/threads/genesis-flashback-hd-2018-game-manager.529624/

Two downfalls are the scraper no longer works and the download of the custom firmware seems to not be working anymore. You will need to provide your own images and this app can customize the whole setup to work with the user interface.

ATFlashback2018

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Check out this post for the latest... https://gbatemp.net/threads/atgames...dition-is-out-in-the-wild.522990/post-8446618

Also the Game Manager really helps with setting up the games with the interface...
https://gbatemp.net/threads/genesis-flashback-hd-2018-game-manager.529624/

Two downfalls are the scraper no longer works and the download of the custom firmware seems to not be working anymore. You will need to provide your own images and this app can customize the whole setup to work with the user interface.
Instead of Genesis 2018, do you have 2018 Legends picodrive emu. Draxxon sent it to me on Atari Age once but it's not in my pm anymore. It was a experiment beta made by parrot guy avatar here I think.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's a shame some people's cake always resort to the same taste