pokemoner2500

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Modified a theme from ubergeek77

23j50kz.png

DL: http://www.mediafire.com/download/4jv7ftskl973p5n/Theme.zip

Original Theme: https://gbatemp.net/threads/custom-theme-thread.377399/page-18#post-5259695

Reactions: ubergeek77

ubergeek77

Post editing world champ.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reisyukaku, you seem knowledgeable about this, so would you happen to know what the numbers at offsets 0x68 - 0x6B are in a decompressed body_LZ.bin? 3DBrew says the following for it: "Offset to a 0x9-byte block. (RGB colors for bottom screen arrows)"

Is this the bottom screen arrow colors and overall color scheme? I tried changing it myself, but I can't seem to make sense of the numbers. For example, in the decompressed .bin file, the numbers at that position are: 10 39 09 00.

For that to represent the theme color, it would have to be somehow equal to #003062, which is the color for the theme.

So, if this isn't the number representation for the color scheme, what is it?

Reisyukaku

Onii-sama~
Developer
Trophies
Website
reisyukaku.org
XP
Country
United States
Reisyukaku, you seem knowledgeable about this, so would you happen to know what the numbers at offsets 0x68 - 0x6B are in a decompressed body_LZ.bin? 3DBrew says the following for it: "Offset to a 0x9-byte block. (RGB colors for bottom screen arrows)"

Is this the bottom screen arrow colors and overall color scheme? I tried changing it myself, but I can't seem to make sense of the numbers. For example, in the decompressed .bin file, the numbers at that position are: 10 39 09 00.

For that to represent the theme color, it would have to be somehow equal to #003062, which is the color for the theme.

So, if this isn't the number representation for the color scheme, what is it?
Yea, I added that "Offset to a 0x9-byte block. (RGB colors for bottom screen arrows)"
lol, sorry if its vague but basically its the actual arrow color on the theme for me those 9 bytes were RGB,RGB,RGB
These arrows btw:
4XZWQ.jpg

There seems to be 3 different colors when you zoom in

Reactions: dronesplitter

ubergeek77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea, I added that "Offset to a 0x9-byte block. (RGB colors for bottom screen arrows)"
lol, sorry if its vague but basically its the actual arrow color on the theme for me those 9 bytes were RGB,RGB,RGB
These arrows btw:
4XZWQ.jpg

There seems to be 3 different colors when you zoom in

Thanks! I understand how that works now, but I don't see how those 9 bytes (103 909 000) convert into RGB colors. If 103 were the actual RGB value for the first arrow color, it should look white, but 103 is black. Are these colors inverted on the 3DS?

I tried all kinds of weird conversions too, but I couldn't make any sense of it. :P

So yeah, how do those numbers convert?

Reisyukaku

Onii-sama~
Developer
Trophies
Website
reisyukaku.org
XP
Country
United States
Thanks! I understand how that works now, but I don't see how those 9 bytes (103 909 000) convert into RGB colors. If 103 were the actual RGB value for the first arrow color, it should look white, but 103 is black. Are these colors inverted on the 3DS?

I tried all kinds of weird conversions too, but I couldn't make any sense of it. :P

So yeah, how do those numbers convert?
should just be RGB888
is this your color? http://www.color-hex.com/color/103909
if not, i'll look into it more

ubergeek77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
should just be RGB888
is this your color? http://www.color-hex.com/color/103909
if not, i'll look into it more

No, the arrows in my theme are white, just like most of the other themes. My .bin is definitely decompressed too. So if 103909 represents the color, then the 3DS does some kind of manipulation on it before it gets displayed.

Reisyukaku

Onii-sama~
Developer
Trophies
Website
reisyukaku.org
XP
Country
United States
No, the arrows in my theme are white, just like most of the other themes. My .bin is definitely decompressed too. So if 103909 represents the color, then the 3DS does some kind of manipulation on it before it gets displayed.
Hmm weird.. is there any green in the theme? I thought i tested this against 2 other themes.. i'll look now

TidusWulf

Real Aloha
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Reisyukaku

Onii-sama~
Developer
Trophies
Website
reisyukaku.org
XP
Country
United States

Gettwobirdsstone

Triforce Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I made a Majora's Mask theme with some accompanying background music, hope you enjoy it!

View attachment 13941
I love this theme, the top screen has the white in the corner. I'd change it myself, but I'm using Ubuntu and haven't found a tool for it. Also the coin sound when entering a game can be changed, or so I've read. Maybe you could make an update. Either way I can live with it. Thanks for the theme.

Gamnaught

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I love this theme, the top screen has the white in the corner. I'd change it myself, but I'm using Ubuntu and haven't found a tool for it. Also the coin sound when entering a game can be changed, or so I've read. Maybe you could make an update. Either way I can live with it. Thanks for the theme.

Sweet thanks, glad you like it! Yeah I tried to get rid of the white box at the top of the screen multiple times but was not able to, and as far as the sounds go I'm not sure how to replace those sound files as the custom theme tool doesn't support those yet. Maybe if I could get the Nintendo Zelda theme and add my images to that I would have the sounds from Zelda instead of Mario with my BGM.

Gettwobirdsstone

Triforce Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sweet thanks, glad you like it! Yeah I tried to get rid of the white box at the top of the screen multiple times but was not able to, and as far as the sounds go I'm not sure how to replace those sound files as the custom theme tool doesn't support those yet. Maybe if I could get the Nintendo Zelda theme and add my images to that I would have the sounds from Zelda instead of Mario with my BGM.
I have the link between worlds theme if you want it

dronesplitter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since the folder colors need the R and B colors flipped to look right (discussed on a previous page), you can drag a bmp to this executable and get a look at how that will appear on the 3DS. Might come in handy for some. Source included if you are a cautious about running an executable I built. Basically, you can create your folders with the colors you like, save it as a bmp and drag it to bmpflip.exe, then import the output of that to the theme creator before you create the body_LZ.bin.

EDIT: Updated version (24-bit BMP only or it won't work properly! You will get bad output if it's 8-bit)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/e8z78kp6raf87q4/bmpflip.rar

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Thought I saw my ex on that new kingdom of the Apes poster