Custom Vita Boot Anim (Ruy Hadoken) [vita-bootanim]

jackkill

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
I made a custom fluid boot anim for Vita using SKGleba's vita-bootanim That is worth sharing as it was a very very painful process given the unreliability of the plugin, the big boot.rcf file size and the reduced anim boot performances allowed at boot time :nayps3:

Anyway this is the animation's GIF:
myVITAbootAnimFinal.gif

my boot anim in action:

and the compiled file to put in "ur0://tai/" on your vita using the ftp/usb/vitashell app:
[ZIP FILE] boot.rcf and boot anim settings in Vita setting app ( it's a Mega.nz link as it's too big to attach)

SetupAdvices:
  • Install vita-bootanim , set-it up and reboot. (from link or better homebrew browser )
  • use vitashell to ftp/usb connect to your vita
  • Upload the boot.rcf to ur0://tai/ and don't reboot yet.
  • Go to vita settings app -> theme & background -> Boot Animation
  • Set the options as on the screenshots bellow (present with boot.rcf zip file):
  • VitaBootAnimSettings1 (50%).jpeg

• VitaBootAnimSettings2 (50%).jpeg
  • Now to bypass the bugs and optimize the cache for vita boot anim plugin:
  • Restart and let it crash and retry as many times it needs till it lands you on your main menu.
  • Restart again twice.
You should then have a boot as fast and clean as the video above.

Like I said this plugin is nice but not there yet. Still it's a great effort by SKGleba's and, at least, I was able to setup the boot anim Iwanted before gifting my PSvita to my brother B-)

Cheers :grog:

Last edited by jackkill,

SAORIxMEGUMIN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I made a custom fluid boot anim for Vita using SKGleba's vita-bootanim That is worth sharing as it was a very very painful process given the unreliability of the plugin, the big boot.rcf file size and the reduced anim boot performances allowed at boot time :nayps3:

Anyway this is the animation's GIF:
View attachment 325765
my boot anim in action:
View attachment 325767
and the compiled file to put in "ur0://tai/" on your vita using the ftp/usb/vitashell app:
[ZIP FILE] boot.rcf and boot anim settings in Vita setting app ( it's a Mega.nz link as it's too big to attach)

SetupAdvices:
  • Install vita-bootanim , set-it up and reboot. (from link or better homebrew browser )
  • use vitashell to ftp/usb connect to your vita
  • Upload the boot.rcf to ur0://tai/ and don't reboot yet.
  • Go to vita settings app -> theme & background -> Boot Animation
  • Set the options as on the screenshots bellow (present with boot.rcf zip file):
  • View attachment 325768

• View attachment 325769
  • Now to bypass the bugs and optimize the cache for vita boot anim plugin:
  • Restart and let it crash and retry as many times it needs till it lands you on your main menu.
  • Restart again twice.
You should then have a boot as fast and clean as the video above.

Like I said this plugin is nice but not there yet. Still it's a great effort by SKGleba's and, at least, I was able to setup the boot anim Iwanted before gifting my PSvita to my brother B-)

Cheers :grog:
I found that skipping the animation the initial boot by pressing L at start made it so that the next boots played the animation.

Reactions: jackkill

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: lorelei from pokemon is so fuckin bad bro