Remove enso boot logo?

MegasXLR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
So I configured the vita-bootanim plugin to load a nice gif as my bootanimation which works fine alongside the custom warning and boot sound plugins.
However before my custom bootanimation shows up the enso logo is displayed for half a second or so.
I spent the last couple of days searching & reading how to remove it but found that many people bricked their consoles while trying with some Molecule app or something similar.
I saw that one can use the enso_nologo vpks to remove it but there are no instructions on how to do it.
Do I uninstall my current enso (v1.1 used from here) ?
Do I keep my current enso installed but just uninstall the bubble ?
And in general could someone who has successfully removed the enso logo on a 3.65 Vita 2000 give feedback on how to do so and if the vpks from SKGleba's GitHub repository could brick my device ?
I saw that the CBS-Manager plugin is actually outdated and archived but that's the only place where I found the enso_nologo vpk files.

10 years ago I bricked my first PSP 3004 by trying to change its bootanimation so I'm definitely not taking any risks with my Vita now unless the method has been tried & tested by someone else :D

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Afaik, the bricks with the original app by Skgleba were user error. They used the one from 3.60 on 3.65 or vice-versa.

MegasXLR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Could I also use enso_ex to remove the logo ?
Do I just uninstall my current enso and remove its bubble and then install the enso_ex bubble and install enso_ex from it ?
@SKGleba hasn't been active for over a year now so not expecting him to appear just for me now but will still tag him regardless :)

GUEDES_et_al

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Installing enso from VitaDeploy does not change the PS logo. On my vita to fix it, I installed the original firmware (same version) again, and installed enso using vitadeploy.

Reactions: MegasXLR

MegasXLR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Installing enso from VitaDeploy does not change the PS logo. On my vita to fix it, I installed the original firmware (same version) again, and installed enso using vitadeploy.
Seeing how VitaDeploy uses this as stated in the Included tools section can I just use the vpk from the universal enso repo and reinstall it from there? Don't really want all the other stuff VitaDeploy offers.

JerryCordova

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Removing the enso logo on a PS Vita can be a bit tricky, and it's important to proceed with caution to avoid bricking your device. The enso_nologo vpk files from SKGleba's GitHub repository should work to remove the logo, but there are some steps you should take to ensure the process goes smoothly.
Firstly, make sure you have a backup of your Vita's NAND before attempting to remove the logo. This will allow you to restore your device to its previous state if something goes wrong.
To remove the enso logo using the enso_nologo vpk files, you will need to uninstall your current enso installation and then reinstall it using the enso_nologo vpk. To do this, follow these steps:
  1. Uninstall your current enso installation by running the uninstaller vpk from the enso package you used to install it initially.
  2. Install the enso_nologo vpk for your firmware version and device model from SKGleba's GitHub repository.
  3. Reboot your device.

GUEDES_et_al

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Seeing how VitaDeploy uses this as stated in the Included tools section can I just use the vpk from the universal enso repo and reinstall it from there? Don't really want all the other stuff VitaDeploy offers.
I think it should work. In any case, you can uninstall and install enso using VitaDeploy, and can delete it after the process. As I said, VitaDeploy automates the process and works safely, I think it's the best solution.

MegasXLR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
I ended up using the correct file from here & it works perfectly. I think the universal one from VitaDeploy replaces the enso logo with the default PS one which isn't what I wanted but still kept a copy of the .vpk just in case I change my mind in the future.

Also worth noting is that when you uninstall your current enso it asks you to reboot. After that you won't have henkaku activated which was a problem for me as I didn't have h-encore and VitaShell on the internal storage as everything is on my SD2Vita card. So I had to hack it again in order to use the no_logo enso vpk and install its files.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ended up using the correct file from here & it works perfectly. I think the universal one from VitaDeploy replaces the enso logo with the default PS one which isn't what I wanted but still kept a copy of the .vpk just in case I change my mind in the future.

Also worth noting is that when you uninstall your current enso it asks you to reboot. After that you won't have henkaku activated which was a problem for me as I didn't have h-encore and VitaShell on the internal storage as everything is on my SD2Vita card. So I had to hack it again in order to use the no_logo enso vpk and install its files.
I think that's the one that was causing bricks due to user error (i.e. using the wrong version with their actual firmware). great it worked.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: