Not open for further replies.

Joel16

Ils ne passeront pas
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cyanogen3DS Alpha v1.0 is now available.

Before anyone gets their hopes I'd like to strictly remind you that this is not an Android OS running on your 3DS. It's a homebrew GUI that tries its best to replicate the Android's design guidelines and features on an unsupported device. Also keep in mind it's still in ALPHA phase - which means early development stages for those that don't know. So please don't complain that it doesn't do anything as yet, because I'm very well aware of that. The main reason why I'm releasing this is because I want some tests to be done on old 3DS and other devices to make sure the things mentioned below are working properly before I make any further progress. I'm guessing the old 3DS won't run it as smoothly as the new 3DS. Please do let me know if you encounter any issues apart from features that are not yet working, thank you!

Changelog: Cyanogen3DS 1.0

Code:
- Implemented digital time and day/night widget.
- Includes battery status, which displays 20-100 in incremental of 20's and charging status.
- Implemented basic lock screen. Press L to activate and  'A' on the lock icon to unlock. That's all it does for now.
- Implemented navigation bar. Touching the back button on the bottom screen takes you back to a previous state. Touching the home button takes you home.
- Implemented Power menu. Press 'Y' will open the power menu.
- Implemented settings. Only certain functions work as of now, such as About, Performance -> Storage Management and Developer Options.
- Implemented About section which displays the following:
    + Current Cyanogen3DS Version along with compile date.
    + 3DS Model, region and Mac Address.
- Implemented Performance -> Storage Management which displays the following:
    + Displays SD storage and CTR NAND storage statuses
- Implemented Developer Options which lets you do the following:
    + Toggle Dark theme mode
    + Toggle experimental features. - This needs to be turned on to access some restricted features that are still heavily a work in progress. (These include the swap display toggle, file manager and other features under the hood.)
    + Switch display toggle (Doesn't work yet, but can be turned on after enabling experimental features. I'd advise you not to do since it has barely been touched).
- Fixed WiFi status. Now displays WiFi Status correctly in a range from NULL to 3 (Null, 0, 1, 2, 3)[/LEFT]
- Date and time is now displayed properly. This includes day (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, etc) and date (1-28/29/30/31) and month.
- File checks have been fixed. Certain settings no longer resets upon reboot.
- Fixed missing backdrop asset in app drawer when dark theme is enabled.
- Slightly improved quick settings. It is currently disabled until it is fully fixed.
- Added model check for N3DS models. If detected performance boost will be enabled.
- Slightly improved speed by loading all fonts at start up, rather than loading and unloading in real time.
- Fixed many mis-alignment issues.
- Made many code clean ups and changes to improve overall stability.

Analog/C-Stick/D-pad: Moves cursor
Touch screen: Navigation bar
A - Open app/corresponding menu.
B - return.
Y - Open power menu.
L - Lock screen

Downloads:

Cyanogen3DS Alpha v1.0

Source Code

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Still wish the devs of this would change the name this has zero to do with Cyanogenmod and is just going to lead to confusion and anger that it's not a way of running Android. It will not matter how much the devs tell you this as people will not bother to read it and then they will get pissed off by the fact it's not what they think it is. Also I do get that it's trying to look like cyanogenmod but it's not so to use the name is just plain wrong and to use the name is like basically pissing all over the hard work of the cyanogenmod team. It's like if you were a car designer and designed a cheap car to look like a Ferrari with a cheap engine and called it ferrari-clone it may have ferrari in its name but it's not and has no right to call itself a Ferrari even if it looks kind of like one.

Reactions: seb5049 and Pluupy

Joel16

Ils ne passeront pas
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still wish the devs of this would change the name this has zero to do with Cyanogenmod and is just going to lead to confusion and anger that it's not a way of running Android. It will not matter how much the devs tell you this as people will not bother to read it and then they will get pissed off by the fact it's not what they think it is. Also I do get that it's trying to look like cyanogenmod but it's not so to use the name is just plain wrong and to use the name is like basically pissing all over the hard work of the cyanogenmod team. It's like if you were a car designer and designed a cheap car to look like a Ferrari with a cheap engine and called it ferrari-clone it may have ferrari in its name but it's not and has no right to call itself a Ferrari even if it looks kind of like one.

First of all I don't see it named "CyanogenMod - 3DS" and it doesn't even include CyanogenMod by itself. This has been with the PSP scene for almost 2 years, and no one has complained about the title. If people don't wish to read properly that's their problem. Besides it says "An Alternative GUI" in the title, I don't know what more you want.

For the next fuckwad that complains about this, please read this post. I'm not gonna bother saying this again.

Now let's stay on topic please.
Anyways for those that don't know, please look at my post above for the first Alpha Build.

Last edited by Joel16,

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Calling people fuckwads does nothing to help your case people are allowed to have opinions you know and resorting to name calling is kind of petty and immature of you. Also you do have cyanogen in the name so your point is kind of mute. Also I am not the first to complain about the name and I doudt I will be the last.

Reactions: Pluupy and cearp

Joel16

Ils ne passeront pas
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Calling people fuckwads does nothing to help your case people are allowed to have opinions you know and resorting to name calling is kind of petty and immature of you. Also you do have cyanogen in the name so your point is kind of mute. Also I am not the first to complain about the name and I doudt I will be the last.

Maybe if you didn't bring this back up again there wouldn't be any issues. Also you said "to use the name is like basically pissing all over the hard work of the cyanogenmod team." I'll have you know I used to speak to a few people who has worked with the CyanogenMod team, and Cyanogen INC. Both of which complemented my work, and didn't have any negative thoughts about the name. If the name bothers you, it's your issue not mine. I'm not willing to change it, so it's not going to happen. I'd understand if I called this "CyanogengeMod - 3DS" or something that would be wrong, but I see nothing wrong with including just Cyanogen joined with '3DS', but whatever it's your opinion. Also the title states it's just an Alternative GUI, so yeah. Nothing more to say.

Anyways putting this back here:

Before anyone gets their hopes I'd like to strictly remind you that this is not an Android OS running on your 3DS. It's a homebrew GUI that tries its best to replicate the Android's design guidelines and features on an unsupported device. Also keep in mind it's still in ALPHA phase - which means early development stages for those that don't know. So please don't complain that it doesn't do anything as yet, because I'm very well aware of that. The main reason why I'm releasing this is because I want some tests to be done on old 3DS and other devices to make sure the things mentioned below are working properly before I make any further progress. I'm guessing the old 3DS won't run it as smoothly as the new 3DS. Please do let me know if you encounter any issues apart from features that are not yet working, thank you!

Code:
- Includes battery status, which displays 20-100 in incremental of 20's and charging status.
- Implemented basic lock screen. Press L to activate and  'A' on the lock icon to unlock. That's all it does for now.
- Implemented navigation bar. Touching the back button on the bottom screen takes you back to a previous state. Touching the home button takes you home.
- Implemented settings. Only certain functions work as of now, such as About, Performance -> Storage Management and Developer Options.
    + Toggle Dark theme mode
    + Toggle experimental features. - This needs to be turned on to access some restricted features that are still heavily a work in progress. (These include the swap display toggle, file manager and other features under the hood.)
    + Switch display toggle (Doesn't work yet, but can be turned on after enabling experimental features. I'd advise you not to do since it has barely been touched).
- Fixed WiFi status. Now displays WiFi Status correctly in a range from NULL to 3 (Null, 0, 1, 2, 3)[/LEFT]
- Date and time is now displayed properly. This includes day (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, etc) and date (1-28/29/30/31) and month.
- Slightly improved quick settings. It is currently disabled until it is fully fixed.
- Added model check for N3DS models. If detected performance boost will be enabled.
- Slightly improved speed by loading all fonts at start up, rather than loading and unloading in real time.

B - return.
Y - Open power menu.
L - Lock screen

Downloads:

Cyanogen3DS Alpha v1.0

Source Code

Last edited by Joel16,

MannCo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tried it and it looks really cool!

Can't wait to see a more polished/finished version :P

Keep up the good job! :yay3ds:

D

Deleted User

Code:
    + Toggle Dark theme mode

B - return.
Y - Open power menu.
L - Lock screen

Downloads:

Cyanogen3DS Alpha v1.0

Source Code
Holy crap... IT'S HAPPENING!!

AtlasFontaine

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Of all the things you could have named it, why Cyanogen?

Holy shit stop with this, he already said that he talked to some people that worked on Cyanogenmod and they praised his work, he also is entitled to name HIS work whatever the fuck he wants. Ya'll should stop being so fucking retarded.

Reactions: Sev501 and Joel16

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Holy shit stop with this, he already said that he talked to some people that worked on Cyanogenmod and they praised his work, he also is entitled to name HIS work whatever the fuck he wants. Ya'll should stop being so fucking retarded.
No need to be bloody rude. It's an honest question. I don't know what the word "Cyanogen" or what it's relation to Android is so there is no problem asking someone who found value in naming their program under the name. If he did talk with the Cyanogen team then there's a chance he knows the maning.

AtlasFontaine

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
No need to be bloody rude. It's an honest question. I don't know what the word "Cyanogen" or what it's relation to Android is so there is no problem asking someone who found value in naming their program under the name. If he did talk with the Cyanogen team then there's a chance he knows the maning.

Sorry for being rude, people was being mean about the name thing before-

Reactions: Joel16

Joel16

Ils ne passeront pas
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thank you so much for understanding. That is exactly how I felt when Mr. I'mGoingToRantAboutTheTitleCauseIDon'tHaveAnythingBetterToDoInMyLife started complaining.

I don't really know what the meaning is myself either, but Cyanogen-mod is a modded version of android with extra features and better customization. The reason why I chose that name is because the PSP version follows the design of CyanogenMod rather than android. For example if you had a look at the screenshots for the PSP version. You'd notice it includes the following:

- A custom theme manager (Somewhat identical to Cyangoenmod's - not found in android. Just like CM's theme manager, it let's you change the theme style, use custom fonts, use custom icon packs and custom wallpapers)

psp1.png

- File manager provided follows a similar design to CM's default file manager

psp2.png

- Music player also follows CM's old default music player:

psp4.png

Most people who keep complaining, saying that this has nothing to do with CyanogenMod are talking shit out of their asses without even reading about my project. This obviously follows the same design as CM's apps so it does have a little to do with CyanogenMod even though it is in no affiliated with CyanogenMod, Cyanogen INC or Android. Also some of the features it includes are all inspired by CyanogenMod not Android. Sure it isn't actual Android or CM, but now you can see why I decided to go with this name. By the way I'm not complaining about you, since you're only asking a honest question, but the guy who got his post deleted for his pointless ranting and his other followers on reddit are being completely disrespectful.

Heck Adnan Begovic, a guy who works for Cyanogen Inc commended my PSP project once. Hell even XDA, a site which focuses only on Android related news and custom roms, wrote about my PSP project, and in their forums not even one single guy ever complained about the name. It's sad that this community cares more about the project's name rather than what it offers. Almost makes me want to discontinue this project to be honest.

Last edited by Joel16,

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Names mean a lot to humans. Names give an object and/or organism an identity, so yeah people will care.

It's not like this is the only program which has had the spotlight because of it's name. There was a big debate on what the 3DS homebrew program "SVDT" meant. Turns out, it was named "SVDT" because it was just "TDVS" backwards (which meant Test Data Visualization System).

Names have stories behind them and it's neat when something has such a unique name that people inquire to it's origin, imo.

Joel16

Ils ne passeront pas
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice to see you still working on this. This makes me want to hop on board, just a little bit. Good luck with the rest of it mate.
Damnn it's you haha!
And I stopped working on the PSP version and moved to the 3DS one for now. Whatever happened to RTC.prx? haha I wanna get back to it but compiling uOFW is giving me problems again (since I bought a new laptop recently).

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nice job - name is fine, all you have to do is read to understand why its called what its called. people who are angry just can't read :)

and whoa uOFW - that is neat.

Reactions: Joel16

Omega2058

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damnn it's you haha!
And I stopped working on the PSP version and moved to the 3DS one for now. Whatever happened to RTC.prx? haha I wanna get back to it but compiling uOFW is giving me problems again (since I bought a new laptop recently).
Back from the dead hahaha. I stopped RTC.prx because of laziness/lack of interest and I wanted to expand my horizons a bit, so I jumped ship to web development and API reverse engineering. I still plan on going back to uOFW once my interests shift again.

You know how to contact me though, so I'll try my best to help you out as usual :'D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast