Review CycloDS iEvolution Review

yaum-gui

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
That's one great piece of advice :) I see much clearer now.
I already own a DS Lite and a Cyclo DS Evo, so I may update my DSi to 1.4.3 AFTER switching to DSi mode. Am I right ?

And will I still be able to play legit DSiware after that ?

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Considering you have an old Evo like me, you can fire the DSi to 1.4.3 without any problems regarding possible problems in game compatibility. Do note that the DSi mode is quite crippled so you'll probably have quite a few problems with newer games. But if you think DSiWare > DS mode, you're ready to go. Sometimes games do look better on the DSL (smaller pixels), but the DSi XL screen is so much better for the eye, especially in text heavy games like RPGs and such.

Personally I have a DSTwo for playing games and the iEvo is just for testing if some interesting DSi mode homebrew happens to appear (very rare). Alternatively the AK2i is a good choice too, but lacks quite a few iEvo features (RTS, slow motion and many others) and thus is also collecting dust for me.

yaum-gui

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
That's what I will do right now !
Your config is interesting, but do you happen to get confused between all those flashcards ?

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Your config is interesting, but do you happen to get confused between all those flashcards ?
Not really. I rarely even use my DSiXL (DSL even less), since I happen to have quite a small amount of time for gaming as of late and I also happen to have about 30-40 PS3 games to be played (damn you online stores for cheap PS3 games!). But if I happen to play with my DSiXL, I usually just play without needing any extra features. Thus as long as the game works, I don't care which one is inserted (in other words, the DSTwo is the one I carry with me since it's not a big hassle to get games to work on it (the iEvo freezes on newer titles so can't really use the cart that much)). Basically I could just go with the AK2i for the sake of it, but I like having the possibility of the GBA emu that the DSTwo offers (though I haven't tested the PSP GBA emu, which is said to be far far more superior compared to the DSTwo. On the other hand I could use the Evo + 3in1 for native GBA on the DSL).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/sGvT5FKSiyk?si=TYqsdjjbF-4N8Xc8