CycloDS iEvolution: the first DSi mode flashcart!

jackdanielchan

Trophies
XP
Country
Great to hear, unfortunately a bit too late, I'd love to see the exploit be run without Flash Carts whatsoever, this would really get my hopes up for custom OS's, other modifications etc. But that's still one giant leap away...

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
raulpica said:
Another World said:
squirrelman10 said:
AW you think N64 emu and psx emu can be accomplished with DSi mode? idk maybe if DS2 had DSi mode maybe it could combine both powers of processing speeds, but i would think it would be really laggy for emus, maybe perfect SNES and GBA emus can come from DSi mode

i never thought i would play neogeo, scummvm, or quakeII on my ds. talented programmers do great things, it might be possible. i'm not going to speculate until more info about the hack is released and we have the ievo to play with.
I'm pretty sure that PSX and N64 are WAY out the DSi's league. I mean, look at the PSP, it's a powerhouse confronted to the DSi, and it can still barely do N64s simplest games. And PSX works so well on it only because it's using a HEAVILY optimized emu directly from Sony itself. The hardware it's theirs, it's obvious that they could manage something like that... but on DSi? Nah. Just look at the few homebrew PSX emulators available for PSP back then, and I guess you could have an estimate of what homebrew programmers can do on DSi... Really low framerates and cracking sound support
wink.gif

Maybe using the psx4all's ARM dynarec would surely help, but I dunno how much. I guess that a DSTwo with 32MB of RAM and an almost 300Mhz processor would fare better than the DSi's native power.

The PSP isn't even using an emulator to run PS1 games as the PSP CPU is compatible with the PS1. That is why VMware, Virtualbox, and Parallels are so much faster than Dosbox.

MFDC12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nl255 said:
raulpica said:
Another World said:
squirrelman10 said:
AW you think N64 emu and psx emu can be accomplished with DSi mode? idk maybe if DS2 had DSi mode maybe it could combine both powers of processing speeds, but i would think it would be really laggy for emus, maybe perfect SNES and GBA emus can come from DSi mode

i never thought i would play neogeo, scummvm, or quakeII on my ds. talented programmers do great things, it might be possible. i'm not going to speculate until more info about the hack is released and we have the ievo to play with.
I'm pretty sure that PSX and N64 are WAY out the DSi's league. I mean, look at the PSP, it's a powerhouse confronted to the DSi, and it can still barely do N64s simplest games. And PSX works so well on it only because it's using a HEAVILY optimized emu directly from Sony itself. The hardware it's theirs, it's obvious that they could manage something like that... but on DSi? Nah. Just look at the few homebrew PSX emulators available for PSP back then, and I guess you could have an estimate of what homebrew programmers can do on DSi... Really low framerates and cracking sound support
wink.gif

Maybe using the psx4all's ARM dynarec would surely help, but I dunno how much. I guess that a DSTwo with 32MB of RAM and an almost 300Mhz processor would fare better than the DSi's native power.

The PSP isn't even using an emulator to run PS1 games as the PSP CPU is compatible with the PS1. That is why VMware, Virtualbox, and Parallels are so much faster than Dosbox.

no, popstation is most definitely an emulator, it is just highly opitmized since the psp and psx have similar cpus.

gumbyx84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nl255 said:
The PSP isn't even using an emulator to run PS1 games as the PSP CPU is compatible with the PS1. That is why VMware, Virtualbox, and Parallels are so much faster than Dosbox........ How does that make sense? They all run on virtual hardware with an "interpreter" between the guest OS, host OS, and CPU. DOS runs on the same CPU architecture as any other OS (minus the enhancements made to better support modern OSes).

QUOTE(MFDC12 @ Dec 15 2010, 10:50 AM) ......
no, popstation is most definitely an emulator, it is just highly opitmized since the psp and psx have similar cpus.
Just about to point that out myself.

dragon574444

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Cool, very cool. It's a shame it's so late in the hardware's life (well, you know what I mean), with the 3DS right around the corner. Tons of homebrew possibilities here.

PeregrinFig

A miserable little pile of secrets
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Am I the only one that really wants to know what that giant circular USB device in the picture is? And sorry if someone already posted this, I don't feel like looking through 24 pages.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
PeregrinFig said:
Am I the only one that really wants to know what that giant circular USB device in the picture is? And sorry if someone already posted this, I don't feel like looking through 24 pages.
Other people, me included asked the same question. Just search for the answer in this thread. It's faster than waiting for a reply to your question.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
PeregrinFig said:
It's the firmware flasher. The DStwo doesn't have one because it's capable of flashing right after inserting it into your DS.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
YayMii said:
PeregrinFig said:
It's the firmware flasher. The DStwo doesn't have one because it's capable of flashing right after inserting it into your DS.
The normal CycloDS Evolution is capable of the same thing, but there's no real proof yet, that this thing is a firmware flasher or actually something else.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
kiafazool said:
Second you are criticizing AnotherWorld and asking where he's getting all his info - You need to know this NOW, AnotherWorld is one of the temper that knows everything first and his SOURCES are the best at knowing stuff so dont even try to question AnotherWorld asking where he got it from or for any proof
Third DSTwo is better than the iEvolution until proven by the release - hacking the dsi mode only means dsi homebrew (NO GAMES, SD, OR ANYTHING) and DSTwo will be more powerful than the iEvolution and DSi combined (taken to the fact that the iEvolution case DOESN'T state anything about a CPU PROCESSOR)
Mmmmm, blind devotion...
Everything can be questioned.

Cyclops don't focus on PMPing the DS, they focus on opening the DS/i to homebrew and pirates.
I think that's what people kept saying they wanted while they were waiting for all the promises supercard made.

Anyone have a link to a reputable seller who we can pre-order from?
Shoptemp's broke.
frown.gif

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Doesn't mean you need to follow his every word without asking where he heard it from.
I'm just saying.
It seemed over the top the way he reacted like the guy told the pope that jesus didn't exist.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OwdCc81zHo