Hacking Damage/corruption from switching games in SX OS while a game is already running?

jereb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've done it a few times now, accidentally of course. I always go back to the home screen before putting my Switch in sleep mode even if a game is still running, and then when I turn the Switch back on sometimes I'm not paying attention and immediately go to the album to switch games. Is it possible for damage or corruption to occur from this? I've not noticed anything wrong so far, but I don't know if any potential problems would be immediately noticeable.

ichibaka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've done it a few times now, accidentally of course. I always go back to the home screen before putting my Switch in sleep mode even if a game is still running, and then when I turn the Switch back on sometimes I'm not paying attention and immediately go to the album to switch games. Is it possible for damage or corruption to occur from this? I've not noticed anything wrong so far, but I don't know if any potential problems would be immediately noticeable.
No not at all, SX OS will just unmount the previous rom before mounting another, just make sure you always save your game before putting it to sleep or you'll lose your progress.

Last edited by ichibaka,
Reactions: mranonymous

CitizenSnips

a seldom-used crab named Lucky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I imagine it'd be exactly the same as pulling a physical cart while in use, which shouldn't be a problem unless its somehow writing to saves or something when you switch games, which shouldn't happen

Reploid

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Some ppl, including myself, note that it affects system stability. But nothing that reboot can't fix.

One time my switch got frozen, second time Doom stopped launching, asking for update, that was already there. Always exit games properly since then.

mranonymous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No not at all, SX OS will just unmount the previous rom before mounting another, just make sure you always save your game before putting it to sleep or you'll lose your progress.

I have a question that’s a bit off topic if you have a second:

Is there anything different about saving your game if using an NSP/XCI on SX OS? In other words - are saves/autosaves for these files handled the same way as they’d be on OFW?

TIA

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Also if my older brother does a clean Windows install I will ask him to do that dual boot thing...