Dark Horse and Nintendo team up to bring Hyrule Historia to America

Treeko

Trophies
XP
Country
it doesn't but nintendo have made one anyway and theirs is flawed. are we to believe that link lost against ganon in the battle in oot did we see this happen NO it likes saying oh if you get game over it creates the 3rd timeline which is absolutely ludicrous bs.

the third timeline is a cop out by nintendo cos they had no clue how to incorporate the other games in it. as far as i'm concerned the 3rd time is a SPINOFF there are only 2 real timelines the adult and child lines leading into tp and ww.
What I don't understand here is how would links death in oot create a 3rd timeline? Its a game if you die you restart from where you last saved right, the only flaw that I could find in oot specifically is that there is no confirmation if ganondorf died while fighting link,other than that what you said about link dying and a 3rd timeline immersing because of that seems too fan made to be real, or has Nintendo been trolling us all this time? Other than that the other 2 timelines are true, about the adult link and kid link.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
according to the book when link fights ganon (final boss) in oot he dies and this is what creates the 3rd timeline. which is absolutely fucking ludicrous

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
it doesn't but nintendo have made one anyway and theirs is flawed. are we to believe that link lost against ganon in the battle in oot did we see this happen NO it likes saying oh if you get game over it creates the 3rd timeline which is absolutely ludicrous bs.

the third timeline is a cop out by nintendo cos they had no clue how to incorporate the other games in it. as far as i'm concerned the 3rd time is a SPINOFF there are only 2 real timelines the adult and child lines leading into tp and ww.
The worst part is that the 3rd timeline games could have easily fit into the child or adult timelines, so I don't see why they didn't.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
it gets even worse according to the book zelda 2 comes before zelda 1 BUT in the book zelda 1 is 1st than zelda 2 is last. also in zelda 2 a law was passed making every girl from now on named zelda...than why are all the girls named zelda all the way back to ss than?? :P

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think we have to remember, that there could possibly be other games that explain this further. So I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt that there's more to tell, but obviously they can't say it right now.

Reactions: TripleSMoon

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
how can there be other games before oot though that explain how link LOST in oot? it's just not possible. losing to ganon in oot is like saying hey this is what happens when you lose all your hearts! hey what happens if you die in ww does that create yet another timeline or how about in tp??!! :P

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
how can there be other games before oot though that explain how link LOST in oot? it's just not possible. losing to ganon in oot is like saying hey this is what happens when you lose all your hearts! hey what happens if you die in ww does that create yet another timeline or how about in tp??!! :P

You don't know it's not possible. We don't know what the story will bring, it could be explained. So until we know every bit of the story, I say don't discredit it.

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
You don't know it's not possible. We don't know what the story will bring, it could be explained. So until we know every bit of the story, I say don't discredit it.
The other two timelines actually make sense in a split. However, the "downfall" timeline is impossible to be concurrent without a hypothetical "what if" scenario. Seriously, there's nothing else in OoT that could lead to a third timeline split.

Personally, I've tried to rationalize that maybe when link is sealed in the sacred realm for 7 years, that creates the downfall timeline and he is "killed." But Hyrule Historia apparently disproves that, since it specifies that Link dies in the final battle against Ganon, not earlier.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The other two timelines actually make sense in a split. However, the "downfall" timeline is impossible to be concurrent without a hypothetical "what if" scenario. Seriously, there's nothing else in OoT that could lead to a third timeline split.

Personally, I've tried to rationalize that maybe when link is sealed in the sacred realm for 7 years, that creates the downfall timeline and he is "killed." But Hyrule Historia apparently disproves that, since it specifies that Link dies in the final battle against Ganon, not earlier.

Eh, there's something there. Obviously not in the game, but who knows, maybe it will be explained in the future. But if it doesn't, then you can complain. But until then, I say don't even worry about the Timeline for Zelda. I've never had. I've always looked at it as different universes types telling the same story but in a different way. Like it isn't connected at all.

Anyways... I CAN'T WAIT TO GET MY FUCKING BOOK IN THE MAIL!

Reactions: TripleSMoon

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
speaking of the book
does anyone know where to get a book sleeve/protector big enough to put this in ? (to protect it) i can only find ones big enough for paperback books?

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
speaking of the book
does anyone know where to get a book sleeve/protector big enough to put this in ? (to protect it) i can only find ones big enough for paperback books?
How big is it? You can get comic book style bags big enough to hold stuff like guide books (actually they're intended for magazines, but those are more or less the same size).

http://www.amazon.com/Ultra-Pro-Magazine-Size-Bags/dp/B000PY9DKO/ref=pd_sim_sbs_hg_1

That's just an example of what I mean, I don't endorse those bags in particular or anything, just what came up in a quick googling.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
speaking of the book
You mean like a protector where you can still open it, or one that you can put the book away and let it increase in value?

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Just do what I do with my stuff, just wrap it up in saran wrap. Or for plush toys so dust doesn't get on it, ziplock bag.
You can also use Shrink Wrap, with a blow dryer to tighten it. It's actually seriously easy to apply.

Sure, you wont have the "sealed" edges like a new product typically has, but it's better than nothing, and definitely better than the wrinkles on saran wrap.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Heheh