Dark Souls 1 to be delisted off Steam, Dark Souls: Remastered to take its place

After delaying the Nintendo Switch version of Dark Souls: Remastered, developer From Software also made it known that the Steam/PC version of the original Dark Souls: Prepare to Die edition of the game will be removed from Steam on May 8th. The game will be entirely replaced by the new Remastered version, and you'll no longer be able to buy the original. However, if you still own the game, you'll be able to redownload it and play it indefinitely. As a bonus to PC players, they'll be getting a 50% off discount for Remastered if they own the original. Publisher Bandai Namco also gave us a trailer to show off the remaster's visual differences. Dark Souls: Remastered launches on May 25 for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC, while a Switch version will release later this summer.

Silverthorn

Spiky!
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The new graphical improvements look pretty decent, especially the lighting.
Still, as someone who played the original the improvements are not noticeable enough that I'd bother to replay it.
Pretty nice for newcomers to the series though.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Been playing the original Dark Souls Prepare to Die Edition on PC. It's not actually that bad to play, though setting it up is a bit of a pain due to how picky the game is about certain features such as controller inputs. Don't know if I would buy this again as I'm quite far already.

10€ could be a reasonable price, but I don't really understand the price of the console ports being ~40+€

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

After delaying the Nintendo Switch version of Dark Souls: Remastered, developer From Software also made it known that the Steam/PC version of the original Dark Souls: Prepare to Die edition of the game will be removed from Steam on May 8th. The game will be entirely replaced by the new Remastered version, and you'll no longer be able to buy the original. However, if you still own the game, you'll be able to redownload it and play it indefinitely. As a bonus to PC players, they'll be getting a 50% off discount for Remastered if they own the original. Publisher Bandai Namco also gave us a trailer to show off the remaster's visual differences. Dark Souls: Remastered launches on May 25 for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC, while a Switch version will release later this summer.

50% off. Fair enough. How much is it gonna cost though?

lolboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have enjoyed many games in my life but the Dark souls series is the best I have ever played. I will buy this game just to support dev and have HD collection complete.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Wasn't Namco all "Nope no discount sorry!" when they announced the remaster and said people who owned the game would get 50% off? Nice to see they were just straight up lying back then, might make me buy it for PC if it's just $20 then.

50% off. Fair enough. How much is it gonna cost though?
Base game is $40, 50% off would be $20.

Reactions: Zense

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Wasn't Namco all "Nope no discount sorry!" when they announced the remaster and said people who owned the game would get 50% off? Nice to see they were just straight up lying back then, might make me buy it for PC if it's just $20 then.

Base game is $40, 50% off would be $20.
I should look deeper into the differences to see if the changes actually warant a 20$ purchase.

brunocar

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
so they are basically gonna split the playerbase behind a paywall, not only did i pay for their shitty port, but now the also want to put a paywall behind a patch for the game? i mean, for fucks sake, its a PC game, it doesnt need a remaster, its just a fucking patch

Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
Wasn't the original DS1 PC port a dumpster fire? At least Steam will now have a properly playable version of the game for new players. Sucks that owners of the original didn't get the Remaster for free, though. Bethesda gave Skyrim: Special Edition for free to original Skyrim owners, and 2K gave the BioShock remasters for free to owners of those original games.

Reactions: elBenyo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Meta what's @Psionic Roshambo onlyfans password