Hacking Dark Wii theme for virtual wii help!!!

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, I'm not sure what to tell you. I'm not sure if anyone has made a black theme for the virtual wii. maybe look for it online, then convert the file if it's not in csm format. I don't know if that will work, but as long as you have a backup of your original file, you're brick safe.

D

Deleted User

Why are we helping you. Brick your vWii with the dark theme if you’re not gonna listen. Just don’t complain when you fuck something up.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I sure wish there was a Dark Theme for my wii U... & that I could turn the menu music off....

I seem to recall some people on here doing that, but it carries an extreme brick risk. I don't believe there's a homebrew just for this but rather replacing critical files on the system. I'm not sure about turning off the music though. I think it might just be a cosmetic change.

Reactions: puss2puss

puss2puss

.. well ..
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I sure wish there was a Dark Theme for my wii U... & that I could turn the menu music off....
a while ago i was working on an alternate menu for the wiiU and most of the assets where dark and neon-green, also replaced some shortcuts like miiverse and eshop icons to redirect to an open-source video player i was trying to turn into a homebrew but i never took enough time to look into homebrew devellopment for wiiU so it was a fail tbh..

Anyway, i lost everything ( computers, house, etc.. ) and i never actually finished it.. i remember it was crashing everytime i enter the eshop and miiverse and you need an emunand to test since the brick risk was very high..
if i get back into the wiiu or if someone with knowledge is interrested into making something similar, i will get back into it or help if i can.. although i cant promise anything since i dont know where the modding scene is as of now, for the wiiU..last time i was active for the wiiU i think it was in 2016 or 2017.. but if modding is mostly the same as before, it shouldnt be to complicated to get the menu to the state it was when i was modding it.

godreborn said:
I seem to recall some people on here doing that, but it carries an extreme brick risk. I don't believe there's a homebrew just for this but rather replacing critical files on the system. I'm not sure about turning off the music though. I think it might just be a cosmetic change.
yeah the brick risk is very high depending on wich sys files you alter.. as for the music, i dont know if it would be possible to remove it completly, but its possible to replace it by a blank sound file of the same format...or you could always replace it with a song you like but it will get annoying after a couple of loops :P

Last edited by puss2puss,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm afraid my modding skills are mostly with the ps3 and the vita. I was thinking of doing the 360 since a lot of files in there are in .dds format after poking around my flash. you sorta have a safety net there with xell. ;) I had forgotten about redNAND on the wii u. :P

Reactions: SuperDan

puss2puss

.. well ..
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
if you go for modding the 360, get freestyledash! its an alternate menu with tons of customizations and lots of nice features. i made my own themes for it, you can make them with xzp tools..a tool from the sdk for the 360..freestyledash was made with teh SDK.
Why love customization?.. to be your own person, to be unique! :P

have fun.

Last edited by puss2puss,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, I have FSD2. I find FS3 and Aurora to be too slow. I did have a theme on there, but some themes require certain resources that may or may not be there depending of the FSD version. (i.e. certain tiles disappearing). that's when I stopped using them. I guess that wouldn't be a problem now though then. ;)

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I wish you all luck with future hacking.. Of course.. But I really like my wii U.. My kids too.. But that menu music just drives me nuts!... & we play on a HD projector.. So the White Theme.. Gets a bit much on the eyes... ( we cover a whole wall in our home)... Oh well.. One can dream...

Reactions: puss2puss

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I wish you all luck with future hacking.. Of course.. But I really like my wii U.. My kids too.. But that menu music just drives me nuts!... & we play on a HD projector.. So the White Theme.. Gets a bit much on the eyes... ( we cover a whole wall in our home)... Oh well.. One can dream...

they seemed to have remedied those two problems with the switch. I'm using the black one myself. white is just too bright.

D

Deleted User

Stop breaking the rules by posting in dead threads.
Sorry dude. I just get angry when stuff like this happening. When the person who wanted a dark theme was just being blatant impatient. Sorry I didn’t know. I will try not to post in dead threads again. :)

Reactions: AmandaRose

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87 cents. Free shipping from China... It arrived it works and honestly I don't understand how it was so cheap.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fellas
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    would you rather have a 9-5 desk job with poor pay or work for an intergalactic space militia with no guarantee of being paid?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    basically, normal boring job or halo and/or helldivers irl
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: basically, normal boring job or halo and/or helldivers irl