Daybetter WiFi Enabled RGB LED Strips

promo.jpg

Daybetter has kindly sent us a pack of 2x 25ft WiFi enabled RGB strips, which come packed with the power supply, control box, and are backed by 3M sticky tape so you can quickly apply them to many surfaces-- let's take a quick look!

Unboxed.png

boxes.pngStrip.png

The two rolls of 25 foot strips come neatly packaged with the aforementioned power supply and control box, along with the IR remote that can be used to locally control the colors and light sequencing. The strips have exposed solder/connection points so you can cut the strips and use (not supplied) 90 degree angle connectors or other junction boxes to perfectly frame your furniture and surroundings. Despite the promo images, the LEDs are a single/shared address so you cannot create colored segments, but by using just the remote you can create a cool color-fade effect to cycle through the rainbow.

The 3M sticky backs have a hard time holding up the strip if you use long stretches of it at a time directly on painted drywall. You'll notice most of the low reviews are because the lights fall after a few hours due to their failure to adhere to the customer's wall. I cut a 3M Command Strip in half long-ways and this perfectly reinforced the strips so they stay in place and don't fall down.

bartop2.png

bartop1.png TV.pngrgbt1.png rgbt2.png

The companion app (IOS and Android) allows you to sync the control box over 2.4GHz WiFi and then pair that to your Amazon Alexa or Google Home account so the lights can be controlled via voice commands. The app adds more ambient scenarios by allowing you to sync the lights to music, more precise color control, or even adjust the lighting based on the time of day or current weather-- great for NEETs who use blackout curtains and don't know what's going on outside.

I used the strips to highlight my small bottle collection and provide an ambient backlight to one of my televisions and I think they look great. I wish the cable from the control box was a bit longer so I could have more leeway before the LEDs start, but they are so inexpensive I didn't really have any qualms about physically disabling the LEDs I did not want to light up to give me the perfect framing for my furniture.

As far as single address LED strips go, 50 feet of WiFi enabled lights for about $15 USD is a no-brainer for a beginner setup or as an experimental mood lighting project that minimizes losses if you damage the strip during install or just want to toy around with different lighting setups before diving into more expensive multi-address LED systems.

Manufacturer's Supplied Info:
1. Triple the Control:
Manage your lights with the Tuya Smart app, IR remote, or control box, Our app provides 16 million colors, multiple Scene Modes, a Timer function, and more! Enjoy more straightforward control with the remote and control box.

2. Hassle-Free Voice Control:
The strip lights can fast integration with Amazon Alexa /Google Assistant, offering you a smarter way to control the lights. Power the lights on/off, adjust brightness, and change colors using simple voice commands.

3. 50ft Strip Lights:
2 rolls of 25ft strip lights are long enough to illuminate large rooms or spaces. Energize your children's bedroom, living room, cupboard, or bar with vibrant, color-changing lights.

4. Sync to Music:
The LED light strip has a cool music mode. The built-in advanced sensitive mic creates romance, relaxation, and party ambiance.

5. Trust in What Lasts:
High-quality LEDs deliver excellent brightness and ensure a 50,000-hour lifespan.

You can grab a pair here: https://www.amazon.com/Daybetter-Strip-Lights-Control-Decoration/dp/B08JM4QZ59?ref_=ast_sto_dp

And be sure to use Coupon Code: H5XKZABP at checkout to pick them up for $15 !

Last edited by SonyUSA,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Using .139 and most of the games work.... Was happy to play Konami Devil World yesterday lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Do you have the mini radiator cooler? I Jerry rigged a heatsink and 5volt fan from a dead graphics card on mine, but eventually wanna get a real cooler/fan.
    Pure copper heat sink kit and fans
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I don't know bout sets, I downloaded all the roms for mine separately.
    My 1500ish games is all hand picked and scraped it's taken me months but zero trash well except MAME.... Tried deleting clones and broke the originals uugghh
    +1
    I legit have been complaining about MAME for over 20 years... Hate the way they handle roms
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is a pain sometimes
    Now that they decided to add Tiger handheld and fruit machines.... Newer sets are worthless
    Because who doesn't want to emulate Halo LCD by Tiger when the machine needed to emulate it... Could just play Halo....
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Batocera has some tiger games
    I don't have them on mine Ken lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Waste of the 128kb they take
    +1
    Tiger handhelds are good for one thing.... Occupying space in a landfill
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They make good burning plastic
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Makes me wonder if the Pi5 can play PS2? If there's even a core for it yet.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pi5 should be able to do ps2
    Try Dragon Quest VIII it ran perfectly on a core 2 Duo I had
    Easiest game to run I found
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ps2 emulation is cake compared to 3 years ago
    Hardest is probably Gran Turismo 4
    It's much better now yes but Gran Turismo 4 is still the hardest one to emulate that I have in my collection
    Runs perfectly fine but it's as if I can feel it always on the boarder line of dropping a frame lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I ordered a spin ball couple days ago to add to my arcade cabinet, will be nice for games like golden tee, or bowling
    I always wanted a controller for like Ikari Warriors, Time Soldiers, Heavy Barrel, Forgotten Worlds games like those
    +1
    Not even sure what to call that controller
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Not even sure what to call that controller