OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Daylight Saving Time
As of March 2007, North American Daylight Saving Time is being extended, starting three weeks earlier, and ending one week later.

Effect on Microsoft Outlook users
Microsoft Outlook users should pay extra attention to meetings and appointments scheduled between March 11, 2007 and April 1, 2007. During the affected period, meetings may appear off by one hour. For example, a 9:00 AM meeting could appear as being scheduled at 10:00 AM. Meetings created using one set of Daylight Saving Time rule (e.g. operating system update installed), and then viewed under another (e.g. operating system update not installed), will be most problematic.

In order to minimize discrepancies, users should take the following precautions:

Windows XP users are encouraged to install the Microsoft updates

During the affected period:
If you are the meeting organizer

Include the time of the meeting in the subject of the new request (e.g. Subject: Project brainstorming - 11:00 am) so that invitees can double-check the correct meeting time. If the meeting is already scheduled, send an update.
Communicate with any invitees confirming the times of scheduled meetings.
If you are attending a meeting

Verify with the meeting organizer the correct time of the meeting
Windows updates available
On February 7, Microsoft released a High-Priority update (KB931836) for Windows XP; this includes the latest revisions to Daylight Saving Time rules. If you use Microsoft Windows XP, it is strongly recommended that you install this High Priority update as soon as possible.

Installing these updates will not fix meetings and appointments that are already scheduled, but will minimize inconsistencies with newly created ones.

Windows XP:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...A9-EF9061A9A3CA

Windows XP (64-bit Edition):
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...1E-F7CC99A375A4

NOTE: This update can only be installed once on any workstation. Attempting to re-install this update will return an error indicating that the update has already been installed. This error can be safely dismissed; your LAN manager may have already installed it for you.

Windows 2000:
Microsoft no longer provides “Mainstream Support” for the Windows 2000 operating system family, and as such, will not be providing a Daylight Saving Time update for it.

In order to make Windows 2000 workstations compliant with the new DST standard, users must update their time zone definitions manually.

Microsoft provides a tool called the "Time Zone Editor (Tzedit.exe)", to do this. Go to the Microsoft Knowledge Base article and select "Method 2: Change the time zone settings on a single computer".

Apple updates available
Apple OS X:
In order to account for the latest Daylight Saving Time regulations, Apple has provided operating system updates at http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=305056

Entourage 2004
Entourage 2004 users need to install the latest Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac Updates (11.3.3 or later) in order to be compliant with the new DST regulations.

More information is available at http://www.microsoft.com/mac/downloads.asp...nload&location= /mac/download/Office2004
/Office2004_1133.xml

Crystal Reports XI patch
If you are using Crystal Reports XI, you will need to make sure that your PC has the required patch. Please contact your LAN administrator for this installation. If you are a SLA (Service Level Agreement) customer of ICS, then this patch will be installed on your PC automatically - no action is required on your part.

For more information go to the Business Objects web site.

Information and assistance
Information and developments regarding Daylight Saving Time and best computing practices will be updated on this web page. Should you require further assistance, please contact ICS Customer Support via the web, via email, or by telephone at 514-398-3398.

http://www.mcgill.ca/ics/best/upgrades/daylight/

Sick Wario

Club Nintendo
Trophies
XP
Country
ahahaah yeah ill get right on those windows updates
rolleyes.gif

can't we just turn back the clock anymore?

OrR

Rice-megatron Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
What?
blink.gif
Oh my god, that's insane! DST was a very very stupid idea in the first place but changing anything about it apart from abolishing it altogether is a sign of frightened politicians who want to do something, even if it's useless annoying crap.

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's supposed to save the country Billions of dollars, due to energy being turned off sooner (day ends sooner)

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE([M said:
artin @ Mar 11 2007, 05:13 PM)]It's supposed to save the country Billions of dollars, due to energy being turned off sooner (day ends sooner)

How? 1 day of the year is an hour shorter and then 1 day of the year is an hour longer...how does that reduce hours?

Dirtie

:'D
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
What?
blink.gif
Oh my god, that's insane! DST was a very very stupid idea in the first place but changing anything about it apart from abolishing it altogether is a sign of frightened politicians who want to do something, even if it's useless annoying crap.

Do you have any idea at all why it exists?

QUOTE([M) said:
artin,Mar 11 2007, 05:13 PM]It's supposed to save the country Billions of dollars, due to energy being turned off sooner (day ends sooner)

How? 1 day of the year is an hour shorter and then 1 day of the year is an hour longer...how does that reduce hours?
Wikipedia: Governments often promote DST as an energy conservation measure because it substitutes summer afternoon sunlight for electrical lighting.

melloncollie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What?
blink.gif

Get some brains before you post.

EDIT: Let me correct that.
Get some brains on the subject of energy conservation and how to reduce energy use before you post.

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've got a better idea. We figure out how to harness the energy of a solar flare because 1 flare will power the entire Earth for 200,000 years.

Dirtie

:'D
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
OrR: Regardless of what the government says about energy usage, what is your problem with it? Is it really that much more effort just to take note of it? Besides, if you're in Germany, how the hell does it even affect you
tongue.gif
?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hair can't be that cool
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Ah, yes, portrait mode, surely the best way to film a row of people. If only there were some way to fit a wider shot, at the expense of height... if only...
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    4k portrait mode?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Diddy - "I never touched her, that bitch is crazy." Video is released. Diddy - " Ok I did it, i am remorseful for my actions during my darkest times." Lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Glad that the Diddler got caught once again.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Iran ran out of options
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought I saw my ex on that new kingdom of the Apes poster
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I thought I saw a puttie snatch...
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm so pumped, NCAA football video game is back after a 10 year hiatus, coming to SeriesS/X, PS5 in July.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wish they would let us play the NCAA football 14 on newer xbox, its one of the only games I love and own on disc still, that is not back compatible, bs.
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    @BigOnYa My dad recently bought a spare Series X off of me, got game pass, and saw Madden '24 on Game Pass, decided to try it out.

...He was a bit taken aback by the 60GB download size. Poor guy's still living in the 90s!
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @AdenTheThird, Bro's still in the PS2 age.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol charging your dad's classic unless he's the type that doesn't like taking things like that
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    @K3Nv2 He was looking into consoles for his house anyway (for my younger siblings and himself) and I had a spare XSX and Switch I ended up selling him at pretty steep cuts. I would just give them to him, but I did buy them with the intent to sell them... and college is super expensive.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A little yeah...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, [insert wut here]
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm a little hi, but bout to fix that.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Now I'm low, i was upstairs in my kitchen, now I'm downstairs in my dungeon.(My basement)
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Now I'm low, i was upstairs in my kitchen, now I'm downstairs in my dungeon.(My basement)