DeadSkullzJr

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! Thanks for you work; i was wondering why sacred gold and storm silver cheats are for v1.01 and not 1.05 which is the latest
Reread what they both say, they say 1.1.0 and that is the latest. The developer of that hack messed up their versioning scheme so I rectified it properly. In other words, it would be their (incorrect) 1.10.

Alpdrucken

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Reread what they both say, they say 1.1.0 and that is the latest. The developer of that hack messed up their versioning scheme so I rectified it properly. In other words, it would be their (incorrect) 1.10.
Oh i see, the 1.1.0 is the unofficial one. Now it works! Thanks
EDIT: some cheats seem to refer to vanilla hgss and crash the game, others work

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh i see, the 1.1.0 is the unofficial one. Now it works! Thanks
EDIT: some cheats seem to refer to vanilla hgss and crash the game, others work
You are going to need to be more specific than that, what exactly is broken? Also it's hard to call it unofficial when Mikelan and Drayano have been working together on stuff like this with various of their own hacks. Drayano uploaded the 1.1.0 version as an updated build and included the version themselves, even present in their filename scheme.

tendomonkey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Incredible work. Thank you!

I see from the list of changes you rebuilt/improved Dr. Suess' How the Grinch Stole Christmas! I still have the issue that the "infinite lives" and "invincible after hit" ones don't seem to work. The x2 movement modifier does work, so at least it doesn't seem to be a title/cheat mismatch or something. Known good USA title from reputable source, FWIW.

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Incredible work. Thank you!

I see from the list of changes you rebuilt/improved Dr. Suess' How the Grinch Stole Christmas! I still have the issue that the "infinite lives" and "invincible after hit" ones don't seem to work. The x2 movement modifier does work, so at least it doesn't seem to be a title/cheat mismatch or something. Known good USA title from reputable source, FWIW.
I'll look into those. Also thanks!

Alpdrucken

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
You are going to need to be more specific than that, what exactly is broken? Also it's hard to call it unofficial when Mikelan and Drayano have been working together on stuff like this with various of their own hacks. Drayano uploaded the 1.1.0 version as an updated build and included the version themselves, even present in their filename scheme.
The wild shiny encounter v1 doesnt work, the v2 crashes the game. The male rocket sprite swap is glitched while running; btw I cant find a cheat that makes starters shiny, i dont know if the wild ones are supposed to affect them.

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The wild shiny encounter v1 doesnt work, the v2 crashes the game. The male rocket sprite swap is glitched while running; btw I cant find a cheat that makes starters shiny, i dont know if the wild ones are supposed to affect them.
The sprite swap stuff, most of the sprites in-game lack a proper running sprite set. Only walking animations are present in most of the sprite's cases. The only ones that have a running sprite are the player sprites. Unless it's the rocket costume FOR the protagonist, you'll have to expect glitching sprites. I'll look into the other codes, what platform and method did you test these on?

Alpdrucken

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
The sprite swap stuff, most of the sprites in-game lack a proper running sprite set. Only walking animations are present in most of the sprite's cases. The only ones that have a running sprite are the player sprites. Unless it's the rocket costume FOR the protagonist, you'll have to expect glitching sprites. I'll look into the other codes, what platform and method did you test these on?
on a dsi with twilightmenu, latest version

dayjay

Trophies
XP
Country
I think the cheats.dat file is broken/corrupted, it won't load in my EDGE cart and the R4CCE cheat viewer says it can't open it even after redownloading it via zip file

Angelo12mx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Heyy heyy, I play the Saga 3 english patch version and the cheats for Saga 3 doesn't work. Is it due that only the japanese version can use those cheats or can I change the cheats to the english patch version and if so, how?
Post automatically merged:

Heyy heyy, I'm playing the Saga 3 english patch on my R4 and the cheats doesn't work. Is it because the cheat file is for the japanese version? And if so, can I change that for the english patch?

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the cheats.dat file is broken/corrupted, it won't load in my EDGE cart and the R4CCE cheat viewer says it can't open it even after redownloading it via zip file
I checked the database out, it's not corrupted at all. I did some testing, turns out I managed to hit the "limit" for that database format. While the data is there and I can keep adding to it, editors and the flash device kernel itself won't like the overall size. Shredding it down a bunch fixed the issue, unfortunately this defeats the idea of having an up to date database though. This issue also impacts the CycloDS database too since both formats use the same formatting techniques. Unfortunately I don't think there's much I can do to fix this since it's not really the database's fault, but the fault of the flash device kernel and editor.

Heyy heyy, I play the Saga 3 english patch version and the cheats for Saga 3 doesn't work. Is it due that only the japanese version can use those cheats or can I change the cheats to the english patch version and if so, how?

Heyy heyy, I'm playing the Saga 3 english patch on my R4 and the cheats doesn't work. Is it because the cheat file is for the japanese version? And if so, can I change that for the english patch?
You should troubleshoot:

1. Check to see if cheats are enabled in the respective kernel settings. Wood R4 for example has it in two locations, the global settings variant and the per game settings variant, both need to be enabled. YSMenu is another kernel that some R4 flash devices uses (namely the time bomb variants), that kernel is buggy with cheats, not much you can do about that there.

2. If you are using TWiLightMenu on the flash device, then it may be a weird quirk with nds-bootstrap. Cheats work for the most part but it's not perfect.

3. Check to see if you applied the ROM hack patch correctly. The latest from the user Cain is Beta v2.0.830 as seen here:
https://www.romhacking.net/translations/1705/

Last edited by DeadSkullzJr,

Angelo12mx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
1. the cheats are on. on every game I can put cheats on except for Saga 3
2. I play on my ds, so that's no problem
3. I have the latest version of the patch, so that's not the case

Maybe it is the CRC32 value? Does the cheat read the CRC32 value for the cheats? I changed the file name to the original, but that's also not the case

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, when will you reupload the shredded version?
I don't know what you play, "shredded" in this case means I had to remove entries from the database to make it work.

1. the cheats are on. on every game I can put cheats on except for Saga 3
2. I play on my ds, so that's no problem
3. I have the latest version of the patch, so that's not the case

Maybe it is the CRC32 value? Does the cheat read the CRC32 value for the cheats? I changed the file name to the original, but that's also not the case
Doubtful, the hack is present in the databases already, I'm not sure why it's not working for you.

Angelo12mx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I don't know what you play, "shredded" in this case means I had to remove entries from the database to make it work.

Doubtful, the hack is present in the databases already, I'm not sure why it's not working for you.AAH
Ahhhh I think I got it! So it didn't work for some reason, but I just put the nds file in the usrcheat.dat file with the r4cce program and overwrite game ID from there. And it worked, except if you put the check bypass code on. I read that it is already fixed in the patch

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ahhhh I think I got it! So it didn't work for some reason, but I just put the nds file in the usrcheat.dat file with the r4cce program and overwrite game ID from there. And it worked, except if you put the check bypass code on. I read that it is already fixed in the patch
This doesn't make any sense, I mean sure this works, but it's not a direct fix to the issue. I already have the exact version you are playing in the database. This means something isn't right outside of the databases. How exactly did you apply the patch? Did you disable checksum verifications or something via the patching software and force apply the patch that way? If so, that's probably why it isn't being detected by the database via normal means. Whatever you have isn't proper to what the hack is supposed to be for some reason.

Angelo12mx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
This doesn't make any sense, I mean sure this works, but it's not a direct fix to the issue. I already have the exact version you are playing in the database. This means something isn't right outside of the databases. How exactly did you apply the patch? Did you disable checksum verifications or something via the patching software and force apply the patch that way? If so, that's probably why it isn't being detected by the database via normal means. Whatever you have isn't proper to what the hack is supposed to be for some reason.
When I used r4cce, I searched the cheats for the game and clicked on the 3 dots button at the game id. I clicked on the game file, because I thought it meant like ''which game id do you want to put in''. I also changed the name of the rom, but I think that doesn't fixed the issue. So actaully nothing special. Maybe it needed to load or something on the r4 card?

dayjay

Trophies
XP
Country
Like I said before I'm using an IEDGE and I can't remove entries as I can't open the file in R4CCE to actually do so. Personally I'd be fine with a database without those twenty different pokemon ROM hacks in them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: After you shoot it up