Hacking DeadSkullzJr's NDS(i) Cheat Databases

DonPizza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thank you for your amazing work on this impressive database!
I'm trying to use the cheats for Pokemon Renegade Platinum 1.3.0, however, none of the codes seem to work for me. I have tried codes from different categories like Walk through walls, EXP modifier, 100% catch rate, underground modifiers, item modifiers etc and none seem to work. I created new patched roms based on different sources, so a corrupted rom is probably not the reason (Tried original and speed up versions). I'm running Twilight Menu on a NDSL. Any help is much appreciated!

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for your amazing work on this impressive database!
I'm trying to use the cheats for Pokemon Renegade Platinum 1.3.0, however, none of the codes seem to work for me. I have tried codes from different categories like Walk through walls, EXP modifier, 100% catch rate, underground modifiers, item modifiers etc and none seem to work. I created new patched roms based on different sources, so a corrupted rom is probably not the reason (Tried original and speed up versions). I'm running Twilight Menu on a NDSL. Any help is much appreciated!
Check the cheat descriptions, I know they work considering I've tested these just before the update when looking into the hack.

DonPizza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Check the cheat descriptions, I know they work considering I've tested these just before the update when looking into the hack.
Yes, that is the first thing I checked, because I thought I missed something. Following that I especially tested codes that don't need additional activation in game. For example infinite PP, EXP multiplier, 100% catch rate, which should be easily visible ingame if they are working.

I assume that GameID CPUE c1b5041d is correct, right?

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, that is the first thing I checked, because I thought I missed something. Following that I especially tested codes that don't need additional activation in game. For example infinite PP, EXP multiplier, 100% catch rate, which should be easily visible ingame if they are working.

I assume that GameID CPUE c1b5041d is correct, right?
Yea that matches what I have.

Edit:
Just tested them out again, the codes are working beautifully on my end.

Last edited by DeadSkullzJr,

DonPizza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yea that matches what I have.

Edit:
Just tested them out again, the codes are working beautifully on my end.
After reformatting, reconfiguring the SD multiple times, I still couldn't get any code to work. So, I dug out my M3 DS Real from storage and for whatever reason the codes work flawlessly with it. I don't understand why, but somehow the problem must have been me using a CycloDS Evolution before. In my search I didn't find anything about cheat incompabilities with this card when using Twilight Menu.

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After reformatting, reconfiguring the SD multiple times, I still couldn't get any code to work. So, I dug out my M3 DS Real from storage and for whatever reason the codes work flawlessly with it. I don't understand why, but somehow the problem must have been me using a CycloDS Evolution before. In my search I didn't find anything about cheat incompabilities with this card when using Twilight Menu.
TWiLightMenu, or rather nds-bootstrap, has its quirks from time to time with cheats, especially on flash devices. I don't use TWiLightMenu on flash devices personally, I stick with their respective kernels.

Materinity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi, I've found a very annoying 'Flaw.' When selecting the Peach --> Shy Guy cheat, It ends in a redscreen when selecting the 'Shy guy' character.
Basically what ends up happening is, when i, only so much as, hover over the 'Princess Peach' Character with this cheat enabled, itll crash the game into a red screen with a bunch of text, but basically it says Data Issue! Abort!!

Last edited by Materinity,

SPL1TT3R

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The japanese version is actually the original one, the american/european developers basically censored the story mode and removed alot of features, and i'm starting to think that i've made the story mode 100% because there is no events appearing anymore besides tournaments. I know that i can unlock more parts in the colosseum, tough since i can't connect with Wii, i can't unlock B-Killer, meaning i can't unlock Devil Serpenter. I was beating the japanese version for two reasons, the first is because i needed to connect with Bakushin Susanow Shuurai to unlock more beyblades, and second because i was making a database for these games and noticed that Japanese Parts have different textures, so i've wanted to screenshot parts from both versions to make a comparision.
Yo I saw this tweet and I was wondering is there any way to get the special move "Blade of Light" in Bakushin Susanow Shuurai?

Riot20052

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, too many outcomes exist for user preferences where that's concerned, I can't add every instance of that.
Two games in userchat.dat games which bypassed password code for mcdonald's ds game english patch and code for mega man ZX shot 2 hack. Found work all had be done was chaged ID and copy code for us ver of games.

TheFakeMamba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, first thank you for the Amazing work with the database !
i have been playing Pokémon heart gold for the past few days, and been wanting to get arceus, giratina and the sinnoh legendary. do you have any plans in adding a code that allows us to get event arceus in game ? I have seen a few online, but I don’t think I can add cheat codes manually, I’m new to the homebrew community !
thanks in advance four your response, and once again congrats on the great work !

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, first thank you for the Amazing work with the database !
i have been playing Pokémon heart gold for the past few days, and been wanting to get arceus, giratina and the sinnoh legendary. do you have any plans in adding a code that allows us to get event arceus in game ? I have seen a few online, but I don’t think I can add cheat codes manually, I’m new to the homebrew community !
thanks in advance four your response, and once again congrats on the great work !
The event Arceus was something you received in previous entries, Pokemon Platinum being the more prevalent version the mystery gift took place in. After receiving the gift there, you would have to transfer the Arceus to HeartGold or SoulSilver to activate the event respectively. The Arceus mystery gift was not directly given in HeartGold and SoulSilver, hence why there isn't a code for it in the lists respectively. You'll find said code in the previous entries in the series instead. Also thanks for the support!

TheFakeMamba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The event Arceus was something you received in previous entries, Pokemon Platinum being the more prevalent version the mystery gift took place in. After receiving the gift there, you would have to transfer the Arceus to HeartGold or SoulSilver to activate the event respectively. The Arceus mystery gift was not directly given in HeartGold and SoulSilver, hence why there isn't a code for it in the lists respectively. You'll find said code in the previous entries in the series instead. Also thanks for the support!
Okay, thanks a lot ! And sorry to bother you, but do you know if there is any method I will be able to use to transfer this arceus To my version of hg ? As I only have the one console…

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, thanks a lot ! And sorry to bother you, but do you know if there is any method I will be able to use to transfer this arceus To my version of hg ? As I only have the one console…
Yes, you can use a save editor called PKHeX on your computer to manage your save files. This will allow you to transfer your Pokémon over with ease from one version to the other. You can also pull from the third generation to the fourth this way too. If you utilize an original game cartridge, you'll need to find a means of dumping and injecting save data back into the cartridge, if you use a flash cartridge then the process is really easy, just navigate the microSD of the flash device and locate the save file for the game, they will usually be located in the same place that the ROM is located, and named like so, with the extension .sav at the end. If you have a modified 3DS you can use PKSM to do similar means, though I'm not 100% familiar with that software since it has been years since I've touched it, I always found PKHeX to be superior.

vuatson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! I may be dense, but is there another step to the installation process after downloading from Universal Updater, or is there a particular way you need to enter codes? I'm new to all this, and I'm just trying to get some rare candies so I can finish the second half of HGSS without grinding for fourteen hours : P I'm using Twilight Menu. The cheats info guide when you hit Y on the game in the menu just says "press select+up," but doing that in game does nothing. Have I missed something or is it just not working?

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! I may be dense, but is there another step to the installation process after downloading from Universal Updater, or is there a particular way you need to enter codes? I'm new to all this, and I'm just trying to get some rare candies so I can finish the second half of HGSS without grinding for fourteen hours : P I'm using Twilight Menu. The cheats info guide when you hit Y on the game in the menu just says "press select+up," but doing that in game does nothing. Have I missed something or is it just not working?
You have to enable the cheat, indicator present when pressing A.

AWESOMEGAMER

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks Deadskullsjr amazing work here

ACWW Tan Codes and Item Slot do not work so jus tget some new ones. Likey problem is that they are for 1.0. it is the codes. I have not found new ones. You can use the editor for the tan. Everything else on here works fine as far as I can see. Oh be careful of the wee codes

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
    cearp @ cearp: still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm