Homebrew ROM Hack Defeating Devolution

bobmcjr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How to install docker? It probably works with just normal windows, but I think docker requires wsl version 2, which you can enable in powershell. You can even have all wsl be version 2 by default. I think windows 11 already does this or so I've heard. Then, enable it under wsl integration. In both cases, windows and Linux, I think you need to setup devkitpro.
No devkitpro needed on the host; this actually ships 2 containers, one for extracting and one with DKP for building.

And yes, this just needs a normal docker install. I tested this with WSL2 docker on Windows 10 and native Linux docker (which should work in a normal Linux VM as well if you can't/don't want to use WSL2 or boot into Linux)

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No devkitpro needed on the host; this actually ships 2 containers, one for extracting and one with DKP for building.

And yes, this just needs a normal docker install. I tested this with WSL2 docker on Windows 10 and native Linux docker (which should work in a normal Linux VM as well if you can't/don't want to use WSL2 or boot into Linux)
Oh yeah, I had forgotten that docker containers don't need any dependencies beyond docker itself.

Mr_Cheddarcheese

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
How to install docker? It probably works with just normal windows, but I think docker requires wsl version 2, which you can enable in powershell. You can even have all wsl be version 2 by default. I think windows 11 already does this or so I've heard. Then, enable it under wsl integration. In both cases, windows and Linux, I think you need to setup devkitpro.
imma rephrase a bit

i did alrdy install the docker software, but im a bit confused with the next steps on installing the patch with docker

Mr_Cheddarcheese

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
PS4 controllers are not supported in Devolution. Is there any reason you're trying to use Devolution over Nintendont?
well Nintendont works fine with most titles I have. However it turns out a particular game called Viewtiful Joe Revival (a Japanese port of the original Viewtiful Joe but with an added "Sweet Mode" difficulty only seen here and the PS2 port) doesn't operate well with Nintendont, it loses background music and other problems with the cutscenes
429px-Viewtiful_Joe-Revival.jpg

In 2017 user has207 had the same problem and learned it functions well and better with Devolution. hence why I'm kinda interested in trying this one out

Last edited by Mr_Cheddarcheese,

bobmcjr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well Nintendont works fine with most titles I have. However it turns out a particular game called Viewtiful Joe Revival (a Japanese port of the original Viewtiful Joe but with an added "Sweet Mode" difficulty only seen here and the PS2 port) doesn't operate well with Nintendont, in-fact it loses background music and other problems with the cutscenes
View attachment 332975

In 2017 user has207 had the same problem and learned it functions well and better with Devolution. hence why I'm kinda interested in trying this one out
Makes sense. Yeah unfortunately no DS4 support. Gamecube, Wii CC, Wii U Pro controller, DS3, Xbox 360, and Ouya controllers should work,

RetroGen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This hacking achievement deserves more recognition, IMO. Not only that, it makes the program much more user friendly, removing tedious, spiteful, restrictions.

Reactions: Jayro

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
This hacking achievement deserves more recognition, IMO. Not only that, it makes the program much more user friendly, removing tedious, spiteful, restrictions.
Agreed, front page news IMO. It's a really cool accomplishment.

Shadow_The_Hedgehog82

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
well Nintendont works fine with most titles I have. However it turns out a particular game called Viewtiful Joe Revival (a Japanese port of the original Viewtiful Joe but with an added "Sweet Mode" difficulty only seen here and the PS2 port) doesn't operate well with Nintendont, it loses background music and other problems with the cutscenes
View attachment 332975

I've found that using the pokemon box emulation to play ruby/sapphire on the tv also doesn't work in nintendont. i just use swiss instead though

Twelve70

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there a simple guide to patch this, I have tried several times and failed to get it to work. I hate asking for the file, but any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: and Psi - I had a cd player / radio that played mp3 cds once, very cool