Hacking Discussion Deja Vu/Jamais Vu/Other Soft exploits - Are they still worth the wait?

PT333

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The whole method to use Fusee Gelee still requires a jig. Debating which specific part of the method is classed as "the exploit" is just being petty.
You need a jig to short pins in a joycon rail, that is the same thing as pressing a button. In this case it is a hidden button, and that's the reason you need an unofficial tool to "press it". Isn't it silly to you to call exploit no software only because you need 2 buttons to put device in a mode where you can use it? Also, "method of running a exploit" and "exploit" are different things.

Reactions: c80

c80

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I dunno what a tiff or µSD is, so I don't know what to tell you.
Oh, then you must be a noob. No problem. A tiff is an image file. µSD is the little card you put in the Switch. Not the big card with the game on it, but the little one you can also put into your mobile. A tiff exploit is an exploit where you manipulate the data in the image file so that the software that handles the image crashes and you can execute your own code. The µSD is a piece of hardware. No sane persone would call it a hardware exploit.

If using a jig still makes it a software only exploit
The jig has nothing to do with the exploit. The jig is the same as pressing a button. Like when you boot your mobile in recovery mode by pressing buttons. This is not an exploit at all. This is the intended behavior.

By your logic, everything is a software exploit.
Bullshit. By your logic, everything is a hardware exploit.

The reason why Fusee Gelee isn't software only is because the requirements to trigger it include more than just the software.
But the FG exploits are software exploits.

You took the "All the software exploits are warm boot." sentence out of context.
No problem. You wrote "ALL the software exploits". By writing "ALL" you made it independent of the context

But you carry on being a pedantic ass.
You should be nice to people who try to teach you. I'm not an ass, I'm just a lot smarter and a lot more educated than you.

Rune

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You need a jig to short pins in a joycon rail, that is the same thing as pressing a button. In this case it is a hidden button, and that's the reason you need an unofficial tool to "press it". Isn't it silly to you to call exploit no software only because you need 2 buttons to put device in a mode where you can use it?
Its silly calling something "software only" when they need more than just software to use it.

Also, "method of running a exploit" and "exploit" are different things.
They're different things to people who want to be petty, yeah. This point wasn't even important to the discussion, but here we are debating this nonsense. Can we get back on topic?

PT333

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its silly calling something "software only" when they need more than just software to use it.
Hardware type exploits require user to modify hardware. Tell me, what exactly do you need to modify in Switch's internals to get FG working?

They're different things to people who want to be petty, yeah. This point wasn't even important to the discussion, but here we are debating this nonsense. Can we get back on topic?
Agreed. It's been explained to you multiple times by multiple people, if you don't want to take anything from it, just go, spread misinformation and call people who correct you when you say something wrong "petty".

Reactions: c80

longxa762

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Either ReSwitched haven't found the coldboot that TX found or they are keeping it a secret to use on Mariko and newer Switch firmwares

c80

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yes, the ps3. If you are on 3.5 firmware. You can install cfw without any hardware. You still need a usb stick to install the cfw
First of all, the PS3 is NOT an exploit.

You say, that you can install it without hardware and that you need a USB stick. A USB actually is hardware so what you say does not make sense.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
the low firmware potential cold boot solutions are only really useful in tandem with emunand. since there's really nothing wholesome yet, i dont have a problem waiting on 3.0.2 for a while longer.

Gren22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still have my chameleon chip for my original xbox, it's solderless and can be flashed with the included adapter. It was awesome.
Guess who made it... TX. That's why I laugh at these people saying TX can't do anything for themselves.

Mebbe they will have such a thing for NX someday, and considering how easy it is to get the back off the NX, a solderless chip would sell like hotcakes.
IDK personally about other scenes, have never really been involved in hacking scenes outside of the Switch, but so far TX is yet to release some useful, original exploit for the Switch. Everything they have release so far has already been published by other groups, and in a lot of cases have been shown to be completely ripped code.

Even their recent announcement "OMG we found a new bootrom hack that works on ipatched switches!!@!#!@" Turns out you don't need a bootrom hack to show what they showed on an ipatch'd switch, there are evidently multiple known bootrom hacks known by other groups, and the only reason other people haven't released them yet is because they are trying to ensure that Mariko Switch's are hackable, helping the scene, while TX is actually trying to kill the scene by preventing future Switch's from being hacked just to make a profit.

Which ties into this thread, and my opinion is yes they are worth the wait. There are already ways with current public methods to play on updated OFW without losing future access to these exploits, and once Mariko Switch's are released hopefully all of the exploits will come out so you have free pick at which method you decide to use.

Last edited by Gren22,

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I held onto 3.0.0 for a long ass time, then ReiSwitched, and Hekate with sig patch came out, and said fuck it, and just updated. It's not worth the wait, imo. I'm sure we'll get a warmboot hax on 5.x and up sooner or later. Remember when 9.2 on 3DS was the best firmware? Ya, me too.

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
exactly. no need to wait. update, without burning e fuses. play the games you want, and be able to warm boot when the exploit is leaked.
Is it possible to update without burning fuses and still use the OFW?
I've read that once you update that way, you have to always have AutoRCM to boot to CFW...because as soon as you boot to the OFW, it burns the fuses.

I'm sitting on 4.1.0 and I'm considering updating so I can get all the new Xenoblade updates and play Street Fighter 30th Aniv online. So, I don't want to mess with CFW for the moment.

Rune

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've read that once you update that way, you have to always have AutoRCM to boot to CFW...because as soon as you boot to the OFW, it burns the fuses.

I'm sitting on 4.1.0 and I'm considering updating so I can get all the new Xenoblade updates and play Street Fighter 30th Aniv online. So, I don't want to mess with CFW for the moment.
Hopefully someone can clarify this because I've read conflicting opinions. But I read someone here saying that the Hekate menu bypasses the fuse burn. So you can use Hekate and then just select the stock FW to boot rather than the CFW, and you should have OFW with no fuses burnt.

Reactions: PolloDiablo

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

OFW without Hekate will burn fuses because that is what the Switch is designed to do. AutoRCM ensures you will never enter OFW without RCM first. Alternatively, you can use a very good jig to boot into RCM without AutoRCM but you take the risk of burning fuses the moment you turn the console on without booting into RCM first.

OFW with Hekate won't burn fuses because you are turning the console on with Hekate. Hekate bypasses the fuse check and does not burn fuses. Its not 100% pure OFW because its done through Hekate, but its close enough to the real deal without the fear of burning fuses.

machinoman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You would need to use a jig or AutoRCM, yes. If you do not like having to launch a payload each time you start the switch this is not a viable option, but I've got a shortcut on my taskbar that launches it now, so it doesn't bother me much.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm living out of my car, he better make 600k a year