Hacking delete inaccesible partition after creating emuNAND?

.d&n

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all!

Question:
Could you delete the inaccesible partition after creating emuMMC once its done its job.

I was recently told that the reason for partitioning the sd was to allow the 'process' of creating emuMMC.

After creating emuMMC, could you make the inaccessible partition usable again? dunno if anyone has done it before, but wouldnt doing this save you ~30GB of storage.

Thanks.

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hi all!

Question:
Could you delete the inaccesible partition after creating emuMMC once its done its job.

I was recently told that the reason for partitioning the sd was to allow the 'process' of creating emuMMC.

After creating emuMMC, could you make the inaccessible partition usable again? dunno if anyone has done it before, but wouldnt doing this save you ~30GB of storage.

Thanks.
Not "allow". ffs, why You are interpreting my words in weird way?
It's necessary for emuMMC to work. Deleting it = deleting emummc. Period. Stop trying to overthinking it.

Reactions: LuigiXL and tabzer

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
You can delete the partition from the partition table. As long as the raw data still exists, the emuMMC will still work. If you start using that area of the SD card for other things, the raw data will be overwritten, and then it won't work. It's advisable to partition off the area reserved to be used by emuMMC to keep the area of the disk reserved; safe. Also, the hekate's auto setup of emummc requires it to start the initial creation of emuMMC.

dunno if anyone has done it before

lel. emuMMC is 30 gigs large.

Last edited by tabzer,

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all!

Question:

Thanks.
You're confused. The inaccessible partition IS your emu nand lol.

Reactions: sillz and LuigiXL

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3