Homebrew Deleting Wii U user without NID password?

NinStar

Ny'hrarr ♂
Trophies
Website
ninstar.carrd.co
XP
Country
Brazil
You can actually make the account act like it has no NNID and remove it directly from the user settings as normal, which should also remove most left overs from the account.

Just open /storage_mlc/usr/save/system/act/USER_ID/account.dat and replace everything after line 7 (below MiiName) with their default values:

CSS:
IsMiiUpdated=1
AccountId=
BirthYear=0
BirthMonth=0
BirthDay=0
Gender=0
IsMailAddressValidated=0
EmailAddress=
Country=0
SimpleAddressId=0
TimeZoneId=
UtcOffset=0
PrincipalId=0
NfsPassword=
EciVirtualAccount=
NeedsToDownloadMiiImage=0
MiiImageUrl=
AccountPasswordHash=0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
IsPasswordCacheEnabled=0
AccountPasswordCache=0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
NnasType=0
NfsType=0
NfsNo=1
NnasSubDomain=
NnasNfsEnv=L1
IsPersistentIdUploaded=0
IsConsoleAccountInfoUploaded=0
LastAuthenticationResult=
StickyAccountId=
NextAccountId=
StickyPrincipalId=0
IsServerAccountDeleted=0
ServerAccountStatus=1
MiiImageLastModifiedDate=Sat, 01 Jan 2000 00:00:00 GMT
IsCommitted=1

After that just restart the console, you should be able to delete the account via the user settings or use it for something else.

Also, for those using the first method mentioned in the thread, editing common.dat is unnecessary, it will be automatically updated after you reboot the console.

RedDucks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It should be noted that the above method does also work and, yes, will clean up any artifacts from the user left on the system (such as save data, which is very useful), but it will not unlink the NNID from the console as far as the server is concerned. It has the same effect as just deleting the account.dat directly in terms of actually unlinking the NNID from the console. That being said, if you MUST do this kind of forcible account removal, doing the above should be preferred over deleting the account.dat entirely as cleaning up user data is a big benefit

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Escancoranco

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
soychico.trucoteca.com
XP
Country
Spain
To anyone asking, no, deleting an account which purchased game x won't delete game x. However I must ask, although the deleting went smoothly, the deleted users still show up in the quick access menu, just a bit of an annoyance. Is there anything I can do about it?
late response but try syncing again the gamepad with the wii u, since that data is stored on gamepad itself instead of the console

lilaplazam

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
View attachment 110265

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Each folder is a different account. Click on folder and view/edit account.dat to look at information. When you find the correct one delete the folder example 800001, 800002, 800003, etc. Then restart wii u
it worked for me. all i had to do was delete the folder and power cycle the wii u. thanks a lot;)

Maxoner22

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
View attachment 110265

Each folder is a different account. Click on folder and view/edit account.dat to look at information. When you find the correct one delete the folder example 800001, 800002, 800003, etc. Then restart wii u
I can only see the SD card... Filezilla doesn't let me access the NAND.

Warbucks555

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this thread is 5 years old now, but I wanted to share this info in case someone might need it now.

I purchased a used Wii U with another users Nintendo ID linked. I didn't know the other user or have access to their password. I called Nintendo Support and advised them that I wanted to delete the account AND their Nintendo ID. Nintendo has a backdoor they can use to remove the Nintendo ID from the console. They will have you switch to the users profile and delete it. The Wii U will ask for a password, but they will have you click "I Forgot." The system will ask if you want to send a temporary code to the email address, don't select anything. The agent will have you press and hold the + (Start), - (Select) and Y buttons down for a few seconds. The system will show the linked NNID, the list 4 digits of the serial number and a 5 digit code. Provide the needed info to the rep, then they will have you press and hold the same three buttons again for a few seconds. They will provide a 16 digit code to enter, that will temporarily unlink the NNID from the profile. The Wii U will reboot, then it will show that the NNID is delinked. You can then delete the users profile from the system. The good news is this does not require the system to be modded, it still works even with Tiramisu installed. The bad news is that you have to speak with Nintendo to complete this action. At least it is possible to remove someones NNID without knowing their password.

Reactions: MajesticMouse

MajesticMouse

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
No, you don't
Hello @V10lator . Thanks for pointing out that. Can you be more specific? The link above calculate the master key which is 5 digit based on the inquiry number. The process above require a 16 digit code.
For sure the known purpose of the above link is to help unlock the parental lock code. But i am not sure it helps to do this part of helping to delete a user.
If so can you give us the propre way to do it? Thanks a lot

ArgoRV

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
View attachment 110265

an easy way to see the correct number is running the Savemii mod. when you hit restore backup, it shows all active users

dicemc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just wanted to thank y'all for this thread! I was finally able to delete some users with NNID passwords I forgot and could not recover due to having deleted the email address they were registered with. In case anyone is wondering what I did, here's what my process looked like:

1) Jailbreak my Wii U with the Haxchi method (I did this a few months prior for unrelated reasons)
2) Install Mocha CFW and FTPiiU Everywhere (for some reason the FTPiiU Everywhere didn't work right without it)
3) Launch Homebrew by launching Haxchi while holding the A button
4) Load Mocha CFW
5) Launch Homebrew again from the Homebrew Launcher
6) Load FTPiiU Everywhere
7) Download FileZilla and enter the IP address displayed on my GamePad in the top left text box thing
8) Navigate to storage_mlc/usr/save/system/act
9) Determine which user is which by opening each 8000000X folder, downloading the account.dat file, and opening it with a text editor to see the NNID
10) Right click on the 8000000X folders corresponding to the users I want to delete and click "delete" (and confirm that I want to delete)
11) Close FTPiiU by pressing the home button
12) Close Homebrew using the home button, and the tapping "close software" button
13) Press the power button on the console to turn it off like I normally would
14) Turn the console back on and the users were gone

I didn't have to edit any files like others did, and I'm not really sure why this method worked for me but not for others.

"This is the way".
I held the power button to switch off and it seemed to not work, repeated the steps but just pressed power button once, unplugged power from the back then reconnected, restarted and bam, unwanted Miis are gone. Appreciate you writing the steps out how you did

Thank you guys, the combination of your two post did the trick and I was able to get rid of the annoying users from the past.
You are the best!

Reactions: |<roni&g

murilo_ns

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You can actually make the account act like it has no NNID and remove it directly from the user settings as normal, which should also remove most left overs from the account.

Just open /storage_mlc/usr/save/system/act/USER_ID/account.dat and replace everything after line 7 (below MiiName) with their default values:

CSS:
IsMiiUpdated=1
AccountId=
BirthYear=0
BirthMonth=0
BirthDay=0
Gender=0
IsMailAddressValidated=0
EmailAddress=
Country=0
SimpleAddressId=0
TimeZoneId=
UtcOffset=0
PrincipalId=0
NfsPassword=
EciVirtualAccount=
MiiImageUrl=
AccountPasswordHash=0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
IsPasswordCacheEnabled=0
AccountPasswordCache=0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
NnasType=0
NfsType=0
NfsNo=1
NnasSubDomain=
NnasNfsEnv=L1
IsPersistentIdUploaded=0
StickyAccountId=
NextAccountId=
StickyPrincipalId=0
IsServerAccountDeleted=0
ServerAccountStatus=1
IsCommitted=1

After that just restart the console, you should be able to delete the account via the user settings or use it for something else.

Also, for those using the first method mentioned in the thread, editing common.dat is unnecessary, it will be automatically updated after you reboot the console.
Do you have a list of codes to valid parameters to Country=0; TimeZoneId=;UtcOffset=0 ?
because i wanna change my country of account to pretendo

NinStar

Ny'hrarr ♂
Trophies
Website
ninstar.carrd.co
XP
Country
Brazil
Do you have a list of codes to valid parameters to Country=0; TimeZoneId=;UtcOffset=0 ?
because i wanna change my country of account to pretendo
To be honest I don't have that information and I'm not sure if doing that would work, I could be wrong but there is probably more to the linking processing than it.

Garro

Pendulum of souls!
Trophies
Website
garrothedog.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Chile

CSS:
IsMiiUpdated=1
AccountId=
BirthYear=0
BirthMonth=0
BirthDay=0
Gender=0
IsMailAddressValidated=0
EmailAddress=
Country=0
SimpleAddressId=0
TimeZoneId=
UtcOffset=0
PrincipalId=0
NfsPassword=
EciVirtualAccount=
MiiImageUrl=
IsPasswordCacheEnabled=0
NnasType=0
NfsType=0
NfsNo=1
NnasSubDomain=
NnasNfsEnv=L1
IsPersistentIdUploaded=0
StickyAccountId=
NextAccountId=
StickyPrincipalId=0
IsServerAccountDeleted=0
ServerAccountStatus=1
IsCommitted=1

Thank you so much! I used this to unlink my old NNID so I could link a Pretendo PNID without having to create a new wiiu user and transfer my save files between.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: run h2testw on it