Germany

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Not part of the news, but this had me chuckle, knowing what denuvo does to PC games:

As with all other Denuvo solutions, the technology integrates seamlessly into the build toolchain with no impact on the gaming experience. It then allows for the insertion of checks into the code, which blocks gameplay on emulators.

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
source: https://irdeto.com/news/denuvo-by-i...ys-first-nintendo-switch-emulator-protection/

Irdeto, famous for providing PC gamers with their Denuvo copy protection has launched an emulator protection solution for the Nintendo switch.

This is in an effort to prevent multiplatform games to be protected for the PC release, but being available on a Switch Emulator for PC in an unprotected state.
for what I understood, Denuvo is doing Nintendo Switch software security for free, because Nintendo will not do by itself.

Now PC games are subject to piracy too, they just take longer not because denuvo, but because there is much more people interested in the Switch versions than on PC versions. They may or may not understand that, but the fact is that this move is just to calm down Denuvo's unhappy corporate customers (there are a lot). Blaming others for your own failures is kinda a thing of those times we live in anyway.

BlusterBong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't be shocked since Nintendo is the leader in getting thier consoles hacked and emulated before the new one comes out, and god forbid Nintendo tries to reverse engineer the reverse engineered emulator, else the 40 people working on Yuzu patch it almost instantly.

nxwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Thank God! Now my games will finally run at less than 10 FPS on the Switch! At least those pesky people that emulate games can't play the games meant for the Switch hardware on their better hardware! I'm sure Switch owners certainly wouldn't mind the decrease in performance as long as they can hog their games all to themselves!

LainaGabranth

Objectively the most infuriating woman ever
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Remember when console babies said "haha, we don't have DRM!" to PC players?

While we were out here arguing for user freedoms you idiots were defending corporate servitude. Now you get to deal with DRM too.

Reactions: Neo127

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Remember when console babies said "haha, we don't have DRM!" to PC players?

While we were out here arguing for user freedoms you idiots were defending corporate servitude. Now you get to deal with DRM too.
Consoles have been infected with DRM since eternity.
Search for 10NES and SNES CIC and N64 CIC preventing "unauthorized" games from starting on the console before signature checks were a thing.

Games containing anti-piracy functions, checks, anti-crack aren't new.

Just think of the infamous custom cracking protection on top of anti-mod/LibCrypt in "Spyro – Year of the Dragon" on the PlayStation 1.

LainaGabranth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Consoles have been infected with DRM since eternity.
Search for 10NES and SNES CIC and N64 CIC preventing "unauthorized" games from starting on the console before signature checks were a thing.

Games containing anti-piracy functions, checks, anti-crack aren't new.

Just think of the infamous custom cracking protection on top of anti-mod/LibCrypt in "Spyro – Year of the Dragon" on the PlayStation 1.
Yeah, which is why it was all the more ridiculous hearing PS3 and 360 owners back in the day talk about how their consoles didn't have to deal with DRM. An even stranger talking point given 360's were region locked iirc.

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm looking forward to seeing the site's collective of pirates mald over their job being made slightly harder.

Or god forbid, having to wait a little longer for a crack.

I can sense the entitlement from miles away.

• Haha
Reactions: Dragon91Nippon

LainaGabranth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm looking forward to seeing the site's collective of pirates mald over their job being made slightly harder.

I for one am looking forward to more people joining piracy just to own the products they pay for

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States

Wouldn't be a real issue if Denuvo wasn't already shit on PC...

Reactions: nxwing

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I for one am looking forward to more people joining piracy just to own the products they pay for
I mean, you still own it, you just own a version that won't immediately work in a PC emulator.
Unless you're under the lens of considering anything with any DRM whatsoever 'not truly owned' in which case... I mean it'll be cracked I'm sure
Wouldn't be a real issue if Denuvo wasn't already shit on PC...
the PC and Nintendo Switch are two different consoles and will probably have completely different implementation. From the sounds of things it's just stuff designed to choke up an emulator, which'll probably be fixed/circumvented sooner than later - a mere stopgap if you would.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I mean, you still own it, you just own a version that won't immediately work in a PC emulator.
Unless you're under the lens of considering anything with any DRM whatsoever 'not truly owned' in which case... I mean it'll be cracked I'm sure

the PC and Nintendo Switch are two different consoles and will probably have completely different implementation. From the sounds of things it's just stuff designed to choke up an emulator, which'll probably be fixed/circumvented sooner than later - a mere stopgap if you would.
I get the "what" but the "why" isn't a good enough reason. I'm still leery about this stopgap having a negative impact on performance. Implementation aside, Denuvo has an AWFUL track record.

LainaGabranth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do believe that all DRM is a violation of ownership and labor but that's just me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Her boob is the cause of all this current shit :angry: