• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Deportations Up in Midwest Under Trump

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I saw this earlier in one of my local papers and forgot to post it, but here we are:

http://globegazette.com/news/iowa/i...cle_99f75429-aa92-5c62-af8d-9fc86acc83c2.html

... enforcement did not just focus on immigrants with a criminal history. The number of deportations of immigrants without a criminal conviction jumped 74 percent from the 2016 to 2017 budget years, and the number of arrests nearly tripled.
Immigration arrests are up 67 percent and deportations 55 percent in the region that includes Iowa, according to the data.

“I can only speak for the Latino immigrants and the undocumented, and there is a lot of fear, a lot of apprehension and uncertainty,” Michael Reyes, who is from Davenport and is the state director of Iowa’s chapter of the League of United Latin American Citizens, told the bureau last year. “There are things that are happening now as a result of this current administration, and it’s got (immigrants living in the country without full legal status) in fear.”

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States

tivanh

Trophies
XP
Country
We live on a planet where some see us as human being on a planet called earth and others see as a planet devided by race, religion, class etc.

The division is propagated and fueled by the less than 1% who control 99% of the worlds money and resources. They keep us divided to maintain power and control otherwise we would unite in love for eachother and our host planet earth. They would lose everything, corporations would need to change to support life and the environment halting the mass consumerism we see today and also the disparity between the rich and the poor would be leveled. Land rights and mortgages would be squashed giving people more time with eachother and to develope them selves internally.

We are nothing more than free range slaves to the less than 1% and many of us blindly support that with great conviction due to the propaganda. There is no need to argue about this and cause more division. People are slowly waking up to the world and them selves.

Try to be good to eachother and have compassion. Put your self in others shoes and try to understand all our core values are the same. We all want to be loved, exprees love, livevin peace with a stable roof over our head and a steady food supply for ourselves and family. Surely if strip away the propaganda we have taken on, these cores we share should help promote unity and change for the betterment of all. Your politicians and corperation will never support you and these ideas. They are out for themselves and know if they keep you devided you will scapegoat eachother for the worlds ill, instead of focusing on them and the truth.

Anyway, something to think about.
My Love to you all.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

What is a law but a idea agreed upon by the many. It is nothing more. It is easy for those in control to present an idea and spin it to the many under the guise of betterment, security, etc when they use your already grown fears that they instilled with deception.

Last edited by tivanh,

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
There are plenty of things that can be defended by "because it's legal" or "because it's illegal"

Jaywalking and marijuana possession both come to mind, both of which are incredibly non-violent offences

Don't go grasping for straws.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Good. If you're not here legally, then you don't need to be here. Wonder how many people this is going to trigger
Thing is, I'd prefer keeping the illegals who actually contribute to society and deporting the useless fucking Trump supporters who are mostly welfare/disability recipients mooching on the system.

Last edited by Xzi,
Reactions: Coolsonickirby

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
We live on a planet where some see us as human being on a planet called earth and others see as a planet devided by race, religion, class etc.

The division is propagated and fueled by the less than 1% who control 99% of the worlds money and resources. They keep us divided to maintain power and control otherwise we would unite in love for eachother and our host planet earth. They would lose everything, corporations would need to change to support life and the environment halting the mass consumerism we see today and also the disparity between the rich and the poor would be leveled. Land rights and mortgages would be squashed giving people more time with eachother and to develope them selves internally.

We are nothing more than free range slaves to the less than 1% and many of us blindly support that with great conviction due to the propaganda. There is no need to argue about this and cause more division. People are slowly waking up to the world and them selves.

Try to be good to eachother and have compassion. Put your self in others shoes and try to understand all our core values are the same. We all want to be loved, exprees love, livevin peace with a stable roof over our head and a steady food supply for ourselves and family. Surely if strip away the propaganda we have taken on, these cores we share should help promote unity and change for the betterment of all. Your politicians and corperation will never support you and these ideas. They are out for themselves and know if they keep you devided you will scapegoat eachother for the worlds ill, instead of focusing on them and the truth.

Anyway, something to think about.
My Love to you all.

What is a law but a idea agreed upon by the many. It is nothing more. It is easy for those in control to present an idea and spin it to the many under the guise of betterment, security, etc when they use your already grown fears that they instilled with deception.
Nonsense like this is why chaos runs rampant.

Thing is, I'd prefer keeping the illegals who actually contribute to society and deporting the useless fucking Trump supporters who are mostly welfare/disability recipients who mooch on the system.

Just one thread without your biased hatred, thanks.

Say what you want. If they have made no attempt to become a citizen, or are here unlawfully they need to leave. The uneducated responses that only stem from personal belief are not beneficial.

Last edited by Kioku,

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Just one thread without your biased hatred, thanks.
It's biased to believe these people deserve to be deported when they've done nothing criminal. There's a new MAGA tard shooting up a school every other week it seems, so IMO deportation would solve a lot.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
It's biased to believe these people deserve to be deported when they've done nothing criminal. There's a new MAGA tard shooting up a school every other week it seems, so IMO deportation would solve a lot.
"done nothing criminal"

Just broke the law. Don't worry about it. Trumps issues have nothing to do with the immigration problem. It's been happening since well before Trump even thought of running for president. I have no issue with immigrants following due process. There are some that just come here and just live like they've been here their whole lives.

Last edited by Kioku,

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
"done nothing criminal"

Just broke the law. Don't worry about it.
AKA walked across the border. That was their illegal act. Compare that to the president laundering money for foreign countries and lining his pockets with taxpayer money. Yeah, I'm pretty sure I know who deserves to be deported more in this comparison.

And fuck, that's just Trump. His supporters like to send death threats to high school shooting survivors. We don't need these people in America. Let them go live in Russia if they love it so much.

Reactions: Coolsonickirby

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wondering... how difficult is for a poor family, who is seeking for better life oportunities that its own country couldnt give, to get proper documentation? Do they actually give them a chance to get proper documentation or to seek for help in that matter?

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Just wondering... how difficult is for a poor family, who is seeking for better life oportunities that its own country couldnt give, to get proper documentation? Do they actually give them a chance to get proper documentation or to seek for help in that matter?
It depends on the country, but in most places poor people are even worse off than they are in America, and they're afforded no help in immigrating legally.

Reactions: DeslotlCL

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It depends on the country, but in most places poor people are even worse off than they are in America, and they're afforded no help in immigrating legally.
Then there is the point i was looking for. The US is not giving the chance or helping families that could need documentation to be legally there. From what it sounds like, they just deport everyone ilegally non american out of the country without even helping the ones who really need to be there and have no other options.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

AKA walked across the border. That was their illegal act. Compare that to the president laundering money for foreign countries and lining his pockets with taxpayer money. Yeah, I'm pretty sure I know who deserves to be deported more in this comparison.

And fuck, that's just Trump. His supporters like to send death threats to high school shooting survivors. We don't need these people in America. Let them go live in Russia if they love it so much.
This is what liberal insanity looks like

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Then there is the point i was looking for. The US is not giving the chance or helping families that could need documentation to be legally there. From what it sounds like, they just deport everyone ilegally non american out of the country without even helping the ones who really need to be there and have no other options.
Paths to citizenship have been proposed of course (by Democrats), and always rejected (by Republicans).

this one in particular seems to apply mostly to brown people
Yes it's sad how quickly people forget. It wasn't that long ago in history that Irish people were being turned away from America's shores. Now they're afforded all the same rights as any white people in America, which unfortunately means turning Trump supporter for a lot of them. That in turn means they're suppressing another nationality of people just trying to get in and live the American dream. Though I suppose that mostly died for brown/black people the night Trump was elected.

This is what liberal insanity looks like
I should note that's all like half /s, I shouldn't have to explain which parts.

Last edited by Xzi,

ThisIsDaAccount

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not gonna blame Trump for deporting anyone who is here illegally, just because when they are here as such we don't get a chance to see their past (i.e. criminal) history. I don't think illegal immigrants are more prone to criminal behavior (if anything, I think they are less likely to be criminals) but it's still a necessary process.

That said, I see no reason why we shouldn't increase the amount of legal immigration slots available to them. This country's success was built on the hard work of immigrants, they've always done great things. We should give them all a chance to come legally.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, I might resume using gdevelop