Homebrew DeSmuME Wii - DS Emulator for Wii in development.

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Feel free to improve it yourself. Nobody is stopping you. When I started, I knew nothing about programming either... (Still not much :) )

Wiimpathy

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Except obcd is rather modest but knows and contributed much more than the majority here, especially the persons complaining (me included sometimes) and people compiling dev's beta without understanding the changelogs (or asking dev's opinion).
What have been accomplished on these emulators ports is just great.

Reactions: 1 person

mastershoes

GameTDB Mod & Retro Cover Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He's just building them.

thought so

It's very helpful though, cuz i can't get it to compile, even after trying several setups.

Thanks for the updates ECSS, i got more shitz to worry about than getting this to compile, so your efforts here are appreciated!

Reactions: 2 people

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

mastershoes

GameTDB Mod & Retro Cover Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He's just building them.

thought so

It's very helpful though, cuz i can't get it to compile, even after trying several setups.

Thanks for the updates ECSS, i got more shitz to worry about than getting this to compile, so your efforts here are appreciated!

heh, i wasnt sayin it was a bad thing!

Haha, i know shano! I was just pointing out that although he's just compiling it for us, it's nice cuz none of us have been able to!

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He's just building them.

thought so

heh, i wasnt sayin it was a bad thing!

Haha, i know shano! I was just pointing out that although he's just compiling it for us, it's nice cuz none of us have been able to!

yeah :P hmm probably cuz the make file hasn't included all the new shit that has been changed

Wiimpathy

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Generally, the Makefile doesn't reflect the changes at all. It's a rather generic file with some rules and links to libraries that allows the compilation. It's the .cpp and headers files that are modified in this case.

I tried ECSS compiling machine's dol and my own compiled dol with Chrono Trigger. Still some graphics issue in the intro (but it's better), the sound is not as good as in r185. Don't know if it's only related to the new core or bad libs.
Usb is also pretty slow.
But, it's a work in progress so there surely will be some improvements.

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow I feel stupid. i've spent the past 4 hours trying to get this thing to compile, and found out i was doing it all wrong

incorrect:

compile svn\trunk

correct:

compile svn\branches\GCC-Update

It's that simple -.- I didn't realize that dancinninjac has been updating the branches not the trunk.

Wiimpathy

Trophies
XP
Country
France
@[member='Shano56']
You're right but we couldn't guess there were merging problems. The right address for a svn client is http://desmumewii.go...ches/GCC-Update as Excelsiior wrote earlier in this thread.

@[member='ECSS']
Your message is rather enigmatic. You mean you will compile a beta version before the authors write it ? Or you'll speed up emulation if we ask "him" ? Maybe you'll integrate Dosbox svn in DeSmuMe Wii? Are you human ?
I'm just joking. No problem if everyone's happy with it. Have you tried the latest rev?

ECSS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Reactions: 2 people

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: YUH